football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Good players Available for free
litmus (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 05:01
[global.espn.com]

If they are succesful in canceling their contracts, they would be a free auction for these players.

Rumours that we are in for Gelson Martins but we should snap Carvalho up on a free. (although some here said he's "shite" for "lacking pace"), I'd happily take him for nothing. Rui Patricio's not bad either (again for free!).

Re: Good players Available for free
litmus (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 05:32
Oh I forgot Bas Dost too! The king of the one touch finish. This guy knows how to score.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 11:40
Don't tell Gunnersingh that Carvalho is available he'll probably try and sign him, himself.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 13:33
Us having to eat scraps from the table and look for bargains is a f.ucking joke.

Emery has zero chance of getting us back into the top 4 without investment. The table doesn't lie, Wenger has left behind a 6th place team and the teams around us are only getting stronger.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

SandyB (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 13:43
I wouldn't touch any of those players even with barge pole.

Goofle (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 14:31
^

Flava (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 21:14
Jack Wilshere.........my bad, you said good

litmus (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 03:09
Quote:
SandyB

And why not? Some of these players are better than what we have.

These players are not scraps or bargain buys. They are top players who are looking to cancel their contracts due to being attacked and injured by their own fans at their training ground. if they succesfully cancel their contracts, they would be free agents. And just because they are free agents doesn't suddenly make them crap.

For arguments sake, if Ronaldo, Bale or Messi cancels their contracts tmrw and are available for free, are the lot of you gonna say no to them? Or you gonna say, "Bale/Messi, since I can get you for free, I don't want you, I would only sign you if I have to pay 120 million pounds for you because a top club would spend crazy money even if they don't have to".

Enlighten me.

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 03:20
Quote:
litmus
Quote:
SandyB

And why not? Some of these players are better than what we have.

These players are not scraps or bargain buys. They are top players who are looking to cancel their contracts due to being attacked and injured by their own fans at their training ground. if they succesfully cancel their contracts, they would be free agents. And just because they are free agents doesn't suddenly make them crap.

For arguments sake, if Ronaldo, Bale or Messi cancels their contracts tmrw and are available for free, are the lot of you gonna say no to them? Or you gonna say, "Bale/Messi, since I can get you for free, I don't want you, I would only sign you if I have to pay 120 million pounds for you because a top club would spend crazy money even if they don't have to".

Enlighten me.
Not coz of that my childhood buddy lives in Lisbon n regular attendee of Sporting, these players aren’t Ronaldo n Bale, Ronaldo was their product n they are very proud of that but this bunch of players are worst than what we have in Arsenal n we don’t need Bas Dost.

litmus (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 08:07
Fair enough. Bas Dost may not be what we need since we have Auba and lacazette not to mention Welbeck, but he is a pure goalscorer. While he looks gangly not Henry-esque, he knows how to score. His stats over the past 2 seasons speaks for this. Regarded as one of the best pure fox in the box in the game, he scored 45 consecutive one-touch finishes, a run that before he broke that run by scoring with 2 touches.For the first time since March 2017, Bas Dost took a touch before scoring on 16 April 2018 ending a run of 45 first-time finishes.

[www.sportbible.com]

I would sell Wellbeck if I can get him on a free.

As for Gelson Martins, we been linked with him for about 2 years or so. We do not have the qualities that he has on our team. Pure power and pace on the wings. Unpredictability and trickery, and the desire to run at defenders every chance he gets. Can you get someone like that for FREE or even for 30 million?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net