football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Re: World cup thread
SandyB (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 20:26
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
As Deschamps and co. said before the game, a new tournament begins. Teams have to show what they're really made of. So maybe now, England fans, players and pundits will scale down their optimism over their own chances.
ANyway, it remains to be seen how Brazil cope with a very strong Belgium team in the next round.

Neymar who? We've got M'BAPPÉ! (Sm60)
We aren’t playing Belgium dude playing Mexico. Mbappe is one of your primadonnas stepped up today.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 22:08
Two very good games, both winners far too good for England

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 22:40
Loving every minute of this world cup.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2018 22:46 by AJ The Gunner.

30 June, 2018 22:43
Glad France exposed this Argentine team as the worst I've ever seen in the world. Well Done France!!! Mbappe was amazing.

30 June, 2018 22:47
YES!!! Uruguay 2 Portugal 1.
I am sick to death with this silly Ronaldo and Messi COMPARISON!! Who cares who is better??? I'm GLAD both of them have been sent parking. NOW I CAN ENJOY THE WORLD CUP. Cavani Is the HERO!!

Next that I want gone is the diving crying Nyemar. He is such a drama queen.

[youtu.be]

karsene16 (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 17:40
Spain needed a better manager spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

SandyB (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 17:41
Dang!!

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 17:59
Opens up the bottom half of the draw for a surprise finalist (England/Croatia/Colombia/Sweden??)

SandyB (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 18:08
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Opens up the bottom half of the draw for a surprise finalist (England/Croatia/Colombia/Sweden??)
England folks a bad omen here, apparently on your side of the road to final there is only one team left in round 16 who has won the cup in the past that’s England. If Colombia beats England sure there will be a finalist who never won the cup before. What does the crystal ball say about this?

younghansolo (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 19:21
Spain should have had a penalty right at the end of extra time. Even with VAR they didn't get it. They have every right to feel aggreived imo.

What a world cup though!

01 July, 2018 20:00
Quote:
younghansolo
Spain should have had a penalty right at the end of extra time. Even with VAR they didn't get it. They have every right to feel aggreived imo.
What a world cup though!

They should but I doubt Fifa would have wanted Russia out so soon. Anyways I am glad Spain are gone.

It's everything more exciting for the possible outcome.

SandyB (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 21:51
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
Quote:
younghansolo
What a world cup though!

They should but I doubt Fifa would have wanted Russia out so soon. Anyways I am glad Spain are gone.

It's everything more exciting for the possible outcome.
That was never a penalty clear dive, if Neymar did that they would have shown two red cards to him, hypocritical double standard.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 22:06
Would have been a soft/harsh penalty, and I don't think SPain will be missed by many after this pathetic display.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 22:09
The remaining four games will/should be a lot more exciting than the dross we had to endure today. The 8 teams that have yet to play are all attack-minded (ok, maybe not Switzerland and Sweden).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2018 22:10 by SaltnPeppah.

01 July, 2018 22:20
Quote:
SandyB
That was never a penalty clear dive, if Neymar did that they would have shown two red cards to him, hypocritical double standard.

Don't even bring that cheating diving drama queen into this conversation. It's pretty obvious that you are supporting Brazil but support does not mean one should be blinded.

Example, What's hypocritical about this blatant drama to deceive the Ref???
[youtu.be]

This is just one of many. Granted he gets fouled too often but he cheat, dives and acts like a cry baby always looking for attention.

People like you won't see it because you think everyone is against the team you support.

Anyway to each his own. Glad Croatia are through. Makes the world cup mix interesting.

01 July, 2018 22:23
This is why I love football. Croatia and Denmark was a tale of two keepers. They were Both simply Fantastic!!! Modric wouldn't have forgiven himself if Croatia had lost after his penalty was saved at the death.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 22:26
Neymar is single-handedly making neutral fans and others hate Brazil.

As for Spain, they may have been dominating European club football for the best part of the last 10 years, but today, their national team played with no speed, no intensity, no depth, no imagination. What happened to the team that played some dazzling footie in the first match against Portugal?

Goofle (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 01:35
When can we say Mbappe is overhyped? Because I've never seen a teenager this good.

SandyB (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 03:07
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Neymar is single-handedly making neutral fans and others hate Brazil.
As for Spain, they may have been dominating European club football for the best part of the last 10 years, but today, their national team played with no speed, no intensity, no depth, no imagination. What happened to the team that played some dazzling footie in the first match against Portugal?

We don't care about neutrals, this isn't a muppet entertainment show, we care about winning the ting. More you folks kill each other is good for us.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 14:19
¡¡¡Vamos México!!!

tigerline (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 14:40
I like Brazil; I HATE watching Neymar's antics.

SandyB (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 16:59
Quote:
tigerline

(Sm160)

Haters stay away, we are entering in Moscow.

02 July, 2018 18:07
and Nyemar Marches on. Mmmtchewww!!! Next game please.

02 July, 2018 18:13
Quote:
tigerline

Frankly I don't know why an immensely talented guy like Nyemar will have such a bad football character. Drama queen. always rolling around like a sissy.

SandyB (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 20:17
Something earth shattering is happening to one of the team who played a friendly last week in the WC!! OMG!! (Sm22)

02 July, 2018 20:20
Are you guys watching Japan!!!

SandyB (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 20:23
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
Are you guys watching Japan!!!

Oh yeah.. loving it!!

02 July, 2018 20:28
Come On. What a come back. I love football!!!

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 21:01
Come on Belgium, go and kick some Brazilian asses now!(Sm160)

02 July, 2018 21:02
What A Comeback!!! That Counterattack was devastating. What a dummy by Lukaku for Chadli to score the heartbreaking goal. I feel for Japan because they worked really hard and played well.
This game started like the movie enter the dragon exit the tiger and ended like snake in the monkey shadow!!! I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!

SandyB (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 21:22
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
What A Comeback!!! That Counterattack was devastating. What a dummy by Lukaku for Chadli to score the heartbreaking goal. I feel for Japan because they worked really hard and played well.
This game started like the movie enter the dragon exit the tiger and ended like snake in the monkey shadow!!! I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!

Don't worry, we have seen the real deal of those Tottenham CBs playing for Belgium, they will get a game of their life on Friday.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 21:23
Brazil has the joint best defensive record and Belgium the best offensive record in the tournament. Something will have to give.

02 July, 2018 22:35
Frankly If Belgium play like they did in the first half against Brazil, Nyemar will put them to the sword. As in, he will decimate them bar his antics though.

Game On!!

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 22:41
I think the time has come for Neymar to get a RED CARD. Verthongen and co. will know how to get under his skin and provoke him., Can't wait! (Sm15)

Goofle (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 00:05
Brazil will make Belgium look like the turgid pile of overrated losers that they are.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 00:14
Dude, wasn't Argentina one of your favourites?

Goofle (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 00:26
I'm a Messi fanboy. They have like three other good players, was a pipe dream.

SandyB (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 01:34
Quote:
Goofle
I'm a Messi fanboy. They have like three other good players, was a pipe dream.
You mean you are GOAT kinda guy.. if I’ve to be honest with you n very very honest I watched every game of 1986 WC n by birth by religion I can never admit I’m anything close to be a maradona fan boy but I can tell ya Messi can’t tie the knot of Maradona’s boot n I can tell you most people from our era either privately or publicly acknowledge it. The guy is real one of the GOAT, neither Messi nor Ronaldo is. They just can’t win things all by themselves need lots n lots of support.

Goofle (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 01:38
Brazilian Ronaldo is the best footballer who ever lived anyway my dude.

SandyB (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 01:47
Quote:
Goofle
Brazilian Ronaldo is the best footballer who ever lived anyway my dude.
That’s a statement Ronaldo is from the era when I was like your current age can’t agree anymore that he is GOAT(S) - S as striker but hard to put him as GOAT.
I think Pele n Maradona are the GOAT no one else is. Unless someone else comes up n win all the big stuff all by himself wherever play, it’s gonna stay that way.

Goofle (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 01:52
R9 simply better than anybody else. It is facts.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 02:25
Brazilian Ronaldo is the best player I have seen. I count the France 98 final as of one of the biggest disappointments of my childhood.

Goofle (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 02:30
Would have been an easy win for Brazil had he not suffered epilepsy or whatever the f*ck happened. France were terrible in that game.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 02:33
Before his knee injury. Was not the same player after that. I think you have to award ppl like ronaldo and messi for their consistency over the years.

Also we are forgetting how much more competitive the game is now than it has ever been.

Goal keeping and defense is where i see the most improvements, some of the high lines of the 90s were absolutely shocking.

Also the amount of defensive work messi would have done, esp his younger days will be way above players from henrys era.

I firmly believe in that greats raise their game and become great irrespective of their era and do whatever it takes to be great and head and shoulders above everybody else in their era. This is because it's mostly their strong will and determination from a young age that allows them to put in countless hours to gain the muscle memory required to do what they do.

Argentina is @#$%& and the 28 year old messi almost did it. The 32 year old is nowhere near the same player.

Cr7 has to be complemented for keeping a high Leven of fitness all these years

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2018 02:36 by CazOnARola.

SandyB (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 02:51
You guys haven’t seen Diego in one word he was beast. No defenders can stop him without fouling that also not like today’s Neymar foul, without full hacking, pulling his shirt, shoulder hand can’t stop him, he will pass to someone then get the ball back still run dribble past players as if they don’t exist finally someone like Batistuta will do the tap ins.
When we first had Dinho we thought he’s our answer to the GOAT Diego was but it’s a shame he couldn’t live upto that level long.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 03:10
Messi frequently jumped over fouls. I think you are not doing the 19 year old Justice. I think he just prolonged is career with his shooting and understanding of the game for the past 6 years or so. He definitely deserves to be one of the GOAT.

I never use the word GOAT because i have seen the game evolve.

If you look at garrincha, he was at least 10 to 15 years ahead of the defenders of his time. The defense though was absolutely appalling by modern standards.

Most of the defenders of his era were ridiculously lower standard compared to him. He absolutely toyed with everyone on a stage as big as a world cup final.

Ill be willing to bet if he were born on this era, he would have raised his game further to be equally renowned in the current era.

You only get a few of these every 2 decades and they are all GOAT imho, cause they will do whatever it takes to reach the pinnacle and i find it wrong to compare ppl from different eras with different challenges.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 03:19
What is the point of beating Belgium when Neymar will be definitely kicked out of the game like Pele was during WC1966?

I fancy a Uruguay vs Columbia Final.

2nd choice is France vs Croatia Final.

3rd choice is Belgium vs Russia Final.
That is, Russia enters final via penalty shoot-out all the way! (Sm6)

Perhaps like WC2002, the host nation get to play in semi-final?

England is too dependence on Kane to get all the goals.
A naïve Southgate will bottle it as usual.

'In the end the most satisfying solution is the one where you have cleared everything away and there is no solution at all any more, at the same time, the problem has been solved. That's the nicest way of doing it.'
Brilliant Orange [2010]

SandyB (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 04:12
Quote:
CazOnARola
Messi frequently jumped over fouls. I think you are not doing the 19 year old Justice. I think he just prolonged is career with his shooting and understanding of the game for the past 6 years or so. He definitely deserves to be one of the GOAT.

If you look at garrincha, he was at least 10 to 15 years ahead of the defenders of his time. The defense though was absolutely appalling by modern standards.

Most of the defenders of his era were ridiculously lower standard compared to him. He absolutely toyed with everyone on a stage as big as a world cup final.

Ill be willing to bet if he were born on this era, he would have raised his game further to be equally renowned in the current era.

You only get a few of these every 2 decades and they are all GOAT imho, cause they will do whatever it takes to reach the pinnacle and i find it wrong to compare ppl from different eras with different challenges.
Without Barcelona Messi is nothing,dude. Both Messi n Ronaldo are GOAT surrounded by lions. We are talking about a GOAT who’s lion himself.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 04:22
For me, the debate over who is better or the greatest is totally irrelevant. All I know is that I've enjoyed watching Messi and Barcelona for the last 10 years a hundred times more than any player or team before.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 06:00
My favourite Messi version was the 2010/2011 one. Unstoppable! The finals lost with Argentina have taken its toll, also, after winning that last UCL I reckon he lost his hunger.

nomi_gooner (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 06:38
I respect both messi and ronaldo but i think R7 is more of a complete player than messi.

Ronaldo:
Did it in two leagues.
Did it for longer.
Did it for portugal whereas messi had a much better team (Argentina) and still didn't achieve anything on world stage.

Ronaldo is an all round player.

My personal favorite is Zidane.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 07:41
Quote:
nomi_gooner
I respect both messi and ronaldo but i think R7 is more of a complete player than messi.
Ronaldo:
Did it in two leagues.
Did it for longer.
Did it for portugal whereas messi had a much better team (Argentina) and still didn't achieve anything on world stage.

Ronaldo is an all round player.

My personal favorite is Zidane.
The above has been a myth for a long long time. Argentina hasnt really been a team for a long time now.

They just have 3/4 good individuals and messi.

Their off the ball movement in the world cup in Brazil was not too dissimilar to wenger s Arsenal. Every time messi went past two defenders, the midfield would just stand there instead of getting into scoring positions.

I've always had soft corner for Argentina because of watching Maradona when i was very young, but objectively, they have been appalling when it comes to playing as a team and have been for a decade now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2018 07:45 by CazOnARola.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 07:42
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
CazOnARola

Without Barcelona Messi is nothing,dude. Both Messi n Ronaldo are GOAT surrounded by lions. We are talking about a GOAT who’s lion himself.
Fair enough.

SandyB (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 12:37
Wait.. wait.. wait, hold on.. hold on, this isn’t the time for fan boys star war, there is a fuc.king World Cup going on. Peace folks peace! (Sm6)

Ares (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 15:20
I see Namor scoring 10

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 17:59
Good news.
Sweden knocked out Switzerland.

Meaning, Xhaka and Lichsteiner can start pre-season training with us in 3 weeks time.

'In the end the most satisfying solution is the one where you have cleared everything away and there is no solution at all any more, at the same time, the problem has been solved. That's the nicest way of doing it.'
Brilliant Orange [2010]

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 18:20
And we have only Ospina left in WC2018 (Sm6)

…. and of course, Torreira if he signed for us.

Brilliant Orange [2010]

03 July, 2018 20:01
Gosh, I hope this England vs Columbia match will light up this 2nd half. I'm so bored

SandyB (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 20:14
Massive match fixing, shame of a refereeing.

03 July, 2018 20:17
The way this game is going, someone is gonna get sent off.

03 July, 2018 20:53
Crappy game comes back to life as Columbia refuse to bow out without a fight. Extra time guys.

SandyB (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 20:58
Heck of a kicking n diving show. Loving it.

03 July, 2018 21:34
This is by far the worst game I've watched.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 21:49
Wining on penalties.

Maybe it is coming home, lol.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

SandyB (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 21:51
Ospina gave his best shot. Harry Kane penalty golden boot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2018 21:52 by SandyB.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 22:03
It was indeed a horrible match. To be fair I believe the referee was biased and helped you in some instances lol. Nevertheless, I think our manager lacked ambition and the initial plan was hideously defensive.

Falcao is too old now, and this guy Carlos Sanchez is simply dross. After what he did in the Japan match he shouldn't have played more.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the tournament! smiling smiley

03 July, 2018 22:04
This game is one of the reasons why I don't like watching the English national team. What a crappy bad tempered game filled with cheap antics plus doggy officiating. Both teams guilty.
I don't even know what the heck was going on. Thought this game was a total waste of my time until Columbia just decided to give themselves a lifeline.

But in the end i wondered why Columbia wasted our time going into extra time??? They still had their faith in their own hands only to blast the spot kick on the bar. Mmmtchewww.

Well done England. Finally broken the jinx and made it to the quarter finals.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 23:02
Awful game, England coul£not score in open play and fell for mind games, winning on pens has only encouraged delusions of grandeur amongst England Fans. Any half decent team would have thrashed them. Remember this team is made up of Spurs bottlers who have never lifted a trophy, and not about too now. Only player who came out of this with any dignity was Ospinaaah
Also no one in England team knows how to score a header against an edequate but hardly great defence

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2018 23:08 by Padre Pio.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 23:14
Disappointed with Colombia. Thought they would play better football in this game/tournament. BRA et URU deffo look the strongest CONMEBOL teams at the mo. The rest? Meh!

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 23:37
None of the nations in the upper half of the draw will be overly worried by this England team, should they reach the final. Did they even create a single chance from open play in today's game? Don't think so.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 23:39
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
None of the nations in the upper half of the draw will be overly worried by this England team, should they reach the final. Did they even create a single chance from open play in today's game? Don't think so.

Exactly, and a sharp attack will rip them to shreds

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 23:55
A match between two awful teams lol.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 00:16
Quote:
Padre Pio
Quote:
SaltnPeppah

Exactly, and a sharp attack will rip them to shreds

And we haven't had the customary England GK's howler or defensive snafu yet. It's coming, folks.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 00:26
there was GK error in game against Belgium I thought, or certainly one of the matches

SandyB (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 04:32
Talking about English language media’s double standard( not specifically England but from ESPN to Australian media) reaction to a stamp from Miguel Lanyun stamp brought him ridicule but Colombian player’s if atall you can call it a head butt to the English player calls for red card. Oh no!!
Brazilian newspaper Globo Esporte ran a headline that read ‘Neymar has charmed Brazil, but annoyed the whole world’ that’s why we say, we don’t need your support ‘neutrals’ thank you! Support Harry Kane or Mbappe, choice is yours!!

04 July, 2018 13:16
If James Rodriguez played, I doubt Columbia would have lost to England.

England should easily beat Sweden but who knows as they are getting worse by game. I simply cannot support a team filled with Tottenham players. No can't do.

tigerline (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 14:38
Sandy, the referee for Uruguay-France is Pitana from Argentina.

What effect are you expecting him to have on this SA v Europe match?
Will VAR be handled differently?

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 19:47
I thought Tite had spent a year in Europe learning from top coaches... (Sm22)

No shirt-pulling or petty fouls this time. Brazil getting outplayed by a far more efficient team. (Sm46)

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 20:04
Hopefully the last we will see of Neymar.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

06 July, 2018 20:09
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Hopefully the last we will see of Neymar.

Should have been booked cheating diving @#$%&.

06 July, 2018 20:11
Belgium got lucky.
Thought that was a pen.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 20:12
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Belgium got lucky.
Thought that was a pen.

That was clearly a penalty.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 20:28
He was in no position to get the ball. It was over hit. Coutinho and fernandinho have been horrible. This is exactly why coutinho is never involved in barcas team goals cause thsts not his game. It's mostly off the ball running and shooting. Brazil could have really scored 2

karsene16 (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 20:50
Oi Oi loving these European Championship games

06 July, 2018 20:52
Europe rule the world cup. 😁😁😁

06 July, 2018 21:02
Told you SandyB that we were not watching the same world cup. Sorry your Brazil is gone but I am glad the cheating, diving drama queen is gone.

SandyB (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 21:03
Tite brought this to us. Unfortunately none of our coaches understand the tactical changes required to win game. He started Paulinho, Jesus and Willian. Jesus can't score, Paulinho is too static and Willian is old. He started with very defensive and static midfield against Belgium's 5 men midfield. This is the 2nd WC Fernandinho fuc.ked us.

karsene16 (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 21:07
Quote:
SandyB
Tite brought this to us. Unfortunately none of our coaches understand the tactical changes required to win game. He started Paulinho, Jesus and Willian. Jesus can't score, Paulinho is too static and Willian is old. He started with very defensive and static midfield against Belgium's 5 men midfield. This is the 2nd WC Fernandinho fuc.ked us.

Willian is Better than most of those players.

Jesus is not better than Firminho

Paulihno is @#$%&

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 21:07
I thought Douglas should have started.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 21:21
Where's Goofle? He's been telling anyone who will listen that Fernandinho is a much better player than N'Golo Kanté

(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)

06 July, 2018 21:34
But that howler from the Uruguayan goal keeper was just terrible

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 05:41
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Europe rule the world cup. 😁😁😁

South America vs. Europe - WC 2018

6 wins for Europe
4 wins for South Am.
3 draws

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 06:40
Willian should not have been hairbrush off. Costa looked dangerous only because Belgium dropped off. And his decision making was woeful. Contrast that with marcello on the other wing who was single handedly getting balls into the box either as crosses or little flicks keeping the defense guessing.

Brazil missed casmiro big time. But they could have really scored 3/4. Neymar wasn't as sharp in his decision making, most likely because of playing in an inferior league. He could have passed a few times.

Coutinho, unbelievably predictable all game. At least shooting 4/5 times when the are two players closing down the shot.

Willian a lot more selfless would have worked better as a 10 then coutinho who I found to be impeding the flow for large parts of the game.
You could see the coach telling costa using his hands to drop it over the far post during the injury break for chadli.

And he still couldn't get one ball into the box.

Belgian were defending the flanks so badly, that brazil could have scored a couple more by similar balls over the far post like the one for their goal.

Douglas costa reminds me of Walcott with his decision making

younghansolo (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 08:46
What's the point of VAR if they aren't giving penalties like that. Very odd and frankly hard to explain decision

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 09:02
VAR just looks like another way to go fix results as needed

07 July, 2018 13:22
Didn't Talk much about France Qualifying for the semi finals after defeating Uruguay 2:0.

I just knew France will beat Uruguay because I felt Uruguay were undone by Cavani's injury. Without him supporting Suarez when he draws attention to himself, they had no other sharp shooter to score.

What @#$%& me off was José Gimenez weeping even before the GAME WAS OVER!! What???

It was eighty something minutes plus added on time and this guy HAD ALL BUT GIVEN UP!!

Times without number in football we have seem teams who were loosing overturn games even in extra time to win or send the game to penalty shoot out. Sincerely, the guy irritated me big time.

....and They Call Arsenal Player's Wenger Babies.

07 July, 2018 13:32
Quote:
CazOnARola
Willian should not have been hairbrush off. Costa looked dangerous only because Belgium dropped off. .......

Belgian were defending the flanks so badly, that brazil could have scored a couple more by similar balls over the far post like the one for their goal.

You put it quite nicely. Belgium got lucky when they decided to switch tactics to defend their lead instead of pulling the sucker punch by scoring a back breaking goal.

They had their keeper to thank as he pulled some great saves to keep them in the lead.

I hate it when teams choose to throw in defenders and midfielder's to protect their lead instead of trying to kill of the game with another goal. Granted it's safe to protect your lead ONLY if your counterattacks are to precision and results to a goal instead of hoofing the ball away only to relinquish possession.

SandyB (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 16:41
England will win this World Cup. They have done all the works with infantino n collina. Denying all legitimate penalties, fixing the route to final n everything possibly could have been done. Fans deserve this when you get carried away by media bias. We would love this too.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 17:29
If Croatia win today, England will be the weakest of the four semi-finalists... just like Arsenal in last year's FA Cup. That being said, the winner of BEL-FRA will be favorites in the final.

As for France vs. Uruguay, it was a comfortable win. I cannot believe why so many pundits picked URU before the game. I know Cavani was a huge miss, but France made them look very, very ordinary.

Just like with Casemiro and BRA, it shows that some cogs in a team are just irreplaceable. The last player FRA could afford to be without is Kanté.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 19:33
Russia will get to the final

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net