football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Re: World cup thread
SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
22 June, 2018 23:54
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
sandyB , what makes you think Argentina are suddenly going to find their mojo and beat Nigeria? They've been a shambles for 2 years, not just this World Cup. They're going home.

You better pray! (Sm6)

There's nothing to fear or pray for. Croatia is far more dangerous than Argentina. Besides, France hasn"t lost to a South American team since 1978 or conceded a goal against them since 1986. We own you clueless @#$%&.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
22 June, 2018 23:59
Interesting story in the Guardian about fractions in the German camp. Ozil and his bling bling camp vs. the Bavarians. (Sm6)

[www.theguardian.com]

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 17:54
Mexico through to the next round. they have really impressed me

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 17:59
Ozil not a starter tonight.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 18:06
Yeah, him and Khedira dropped, by popular demand.

SandyB (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 18:44
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
The bling bling camp dropped! (Sm6)

23 June, 2018 18:58
Quote:
SaltnPeppah

Popular demand or more like, the team needs pace so the two can't fit in.

SandyB (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 19:18
FIFA VAR is a scam, clear penalty denied to Sweden. They are referring to VAR as an when it suits their agenda. It’s a shame ev n with technology certain things don’t change.

23 June, 2018 19:42
Tonight Matthew I am Swedish.

23 June, 2018 19:48
Do these Germans really deserve to get to the round of 16??? They are making the same mistake they made against Mexico. Playing a high line which is leaving them wide open for a counter. They are lucky to be just a goal down.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 19:49
Penalty wasn't that obvious. Germany's World Cup hanging by a thread, They a need a win. A draw probably won't be enough.

SandyB (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 19:51
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Penalty wasn't that obvious. Germany's World Cup hanging by a thread, They a need a win. A draw probably won't be enough.
Take a close look they are showing over n over on fox sports penalty all day.

tigerline (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 20:54
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Take a close look they are showing over n over on fox sports penalty all day.

Agreed Sandy.
This stinks to high heaven.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 21:03
Braindead foul by the swedish sub at the end. His teammates should skin him alive.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 21:17
Great game.

This world cup has been pretty good so far.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

23 June, 2018 21:18
It was a clear penalty but i guess because the Ref was behind he didn't think it was, if he was at an angle, he may need the VAR to clarify it.

Nevertheless I am glad Germany won BUT I doubt they will go far. Playing a high line Cost Them Against Mexico and It Almost Cost Them Against Sweden.

But That Free Kick Goal From Kroos Came Right Out of Jay Jay Okocha's Text Book. Jay Jay 2.0

SandyB (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 21:27
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
It was a clear penalty but i guess because the Ref was behind he didn't think it was, if he was at an angle, he may need the VAR to clarify it.
Nevertheless I am glad Germany won BUT I doubt they will go far. Playing a high line Cost Them Against Mexico and It Almost Cost Them Against Sweden.

But That Free Kick Goal From Kroos Came Right Out of Jay Jay Okocha's Text Book. Jay Jay 2.0
So what the VAR is for giving free pass to European heavyweights?

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 21:42
Interesting group. 3 teams could finish on 6 pts, goal difference being the decider. GER and SWE currently on 0, and MEX on +2. Which means if GER beat SKOR by 2 goals, they're through no matter what.

tigerline (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 21:59
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Interesting group. 3 teams could finish on 6 pts, goal difference being the decider. GER and SWE currently on 0, and MEX on +2. Which means if GER beat SKOR by 2 goals, they're through no matter what.

What happens if SKO beats GER 1-0 and MEX beats SWE 1-0?

MEX wins group with 9 points.
But the other 3 teams all finish with 3 points and a (-1) goal differential.
What is the next tie-breaker?

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 23:30
I had not considered that scenario, but here you go:

1. Highest number of points
2. Goal difference
3. Goals scored
4. Points obtained in group games between teams concerned
5. Goal difference from games involving teams concerned
6. Number of goals scored in games between teams concerned
7. Fair play points
8. Drawing of lots by FIFA

SandyB (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 23:56
Serbia complains of robbery
Actually they should stop using VAR rather than selectively using it as n when it suits them. Swiss shouldn’t even be close to quality if VAR was used correctly. They stood the goal against Nrasil after seeing the goal scorer clearly pushed Miranda then headed the ball to goal then didnt give a clear penalty to Serbia. In both occasions it seems they didn’t consult the referee.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 00:13
clearly pushed Miranda (Sm22)

You call that a push? Dude, have you ever played football?(Sm105)

SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 04:47
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
clearly pushed Miranda (Sm22)
You call that a push? Dude, have you ever played football?(Sm105)

Quote:
FIFA chiefs have put Brazil back in their box - and told the South Americans to stop whinging.
Former Arsenal midfielder Edu, now Brazil’s team co-ordinator, sent Fifa President Gianni Infantino a three-page letter complaining about the lack of VAR in his side’s opening draw with Switzerland.

Fifa have told Brazil to stop their whinging over the lack of VARREUTERS
Fifa have told Brazil to stop their whinging over the lack of VAR
Get the best Football stories with our daily newsletter
Your information will be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Enter your email address here...
Brazil claimed Swiss scorer Steven Zuber had fouled defender Miranda before equalising and that they should have had a second half penalty for a foul on Manchester City’s Gabriel Jesus by defender Manuel Akanji.

But while former Dutch ace Marco Van Basten, now an advisor to Infantino, suggested Brazil might have had a case, Fifa wrote back with a firm rejection of the complaints.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

In its response, Fifa told the CBF (Brazilian FA) that it was “satisfied” that the “correct” decision was taken in both cases.

Speaking to Brazilian reporters, Van Basten said: “I do not think the referee should have given the goal but that is just my personal opinion. I’ve had a lot of discussion with people within Fifa in recent days and I think we need to learn from this case.

goonerred (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 09:51
Germany scoring late was odds on when Boeteng was sent off. Sweden just sat back and let Germany attack they didn't even try to take advantage of Germany's ten men.Conceding that free kick was ridiculous, he only need to force him out wider. Sweden have only themselves to blame.They may not even qualify for the Knock out stages now.

goonerred (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 12:25
England: Pickford, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Trippier, Loftus-Cheek, Henderson, Lingard, Young, Sterling, Kane.
Subs: Butland, Rose, Dier, Vardy, Welbeck, Cahill, Jones, Delph, Rashford, Alli, Alexander-Arnold, Pope.

Panama: Penedo, Murillo, Roman Torres, Escobar, Davis, Barcenas, Cooper, Gomez, Godoy, Jose Luis Rodriguez, Perez.
Subs: Calderon, Cummings, Gabriel Torres, Diaz, Machado, Pimentel, Arroyo, Ovalle, Tejada, Avila, Baloy, Alex Rodriguez. 7

'I can try to score and miss all day' Lingard and Sterling start, no start for Rashord - again. Don't know what he has to do.

24 June, 2018 14:05
F*cks sake England on fire.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 14:59
England and Belgium dead-tied at the top of the group. It could go down to Fair Play points to determine the group winner.

goonerred (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 15:03
Do you think we'll beat or draw with Belgium?

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 15:23
draw written all over it.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 15:29
sandyB, it's all in the title.

"Fifa have told Brazil to STOP THEIR WHINING"

I'm sure their inability to beat European teams must be frustrating, but blaming the VAR system is pretty lame. The Brazilians are not going to make a lot of friends if they keep crying, like Neymar disgusting antics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/06/2018 15:35 by SaltnPeppah.

SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 15:48
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
sandyB, it's all in the title.
"Fifa have told Brazil to STOP THEIR WHINING"

I'm sure their inability to beat European teams must be frustrating, but blaming the VAR system is pretty lame. The Brazilians are not going to make a lot of friends if they keep crying, like Neymar disgusting antics.
You hang tight there, Argies are coming to get ya! (Sm6)

younghansolo (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 16:45
It's horrible watching All these spurs players for England. In recent times we've had as many as seven arsenal players I the squad. Now it's one. And he won't play a single minute.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 18:08
The only Spurs player with any chance of winning the WC is Lloris. (Sm100)

24 June, 2018 19:03
Ospina is a dickhead

SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 20:21
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Won’t go past round 16. [:wor kid:]

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 20:43
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
SaltnPeppah

Dude, Brazilian players will have to wear diapers when they play GERMANY in the next round. Can't wait for that sh!tfest. You're going home early.

(Sm110)

SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 20:46
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
SaltnPeppah

Dude, Brazilian players will have to wear diapers when they play GERMANY in the next round. Can't wait for that sh!tfest. You're going home early.

(Sm110)
Waiting for that game, really really looking forward for the Germans. Douglas Costa will be fully rested to settle the score with the Bavarians

24 June, 2018 23:00
Now the English media won't let us rest. England for the WC. Good for them but I am waiting.

If the Brazilians can stop play acting and falling all over the place with that Nyemar that @#$%& me off the ring leader, I may just start enjoying watching them again.

They and Argentina are really getting on my nerves and the earlier they are sent home the better for me.

I'm not watching the world cup to see grown men falling all over the floor trying to cheat their way to victory. Were is the fair play??(Sm130)

I thought the idea with the VAR was if the ref wasn't sure of the call?? If he is sure erroneously, why would he go check it??(Sm102)

Human element will away have it's side effect whether we like it or not. If Real Madrid was justified in the way theybeat Juventus to the final of the CL, then what's the noise about partiality using VAR??(Sm19)

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
25 June, 2018 02:56
The argentinian team is trully despicable. Last match Modric had fallen down and was incapacitated for about 4 minutes, the Argies didn't show respect to throw the ball away. Sometime later they fouled Rakitic, and kicked him while he was down.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
25 June, 2018 03:04
Apparently, the players' coup failed. Aguero, Caballero and a couple more are out of the team for the match vs. Nigeria. Banega, Higuain, Di Maria and a new GK come in.

I sure hope they don't win.

SandyB (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 00:17
Portugal conceding in injury time against Iran could be costly end of the road for Christiano Ronaldo. Spain already bottled it against Morocco n now will play Russia whereas Portugal will face Uruguay.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 14:23
FIFA now reviewing VAR's decisions from IRAN-POR game. I wonder if they could change the result...

Ares (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 17:17
Nigeria v Argentina

I'm Rooting For Nigeria

SandyB (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 17:41
Quote:
Ares
Nigeria v Argentina

I'm Rooting For Nigeria
All the neutrals are.. (Sm152) but then again if it's the Argies then be it. There will be France vs Argies on knockout stage, fun stuff!

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 19:29
Go Nigeria and Iceland! Kick the Argies out!

SandyB (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 20:52
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Go Nigeria and Iceland! Kick the Argies out!

Be afraid, be very very afraid.. they are comin to get ya!! (Sm22)

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 21:14
Argentina are a joke

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 21:46
Dude, worry about your own team, they're on the verge of elimination. Serbia will make a feijoada out of those poor brazilian players.

SandyB (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 22:00
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Dude, worry about your own team, they're on the verge of elimination. Serbia will make a feijoada out of those poor brazilian players.

Last time I checked the table, we are comfortably on top of the table in points n goal difference!!

Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Argentina are a joke

You are scared right? Tell me you are not?? (Sm22)

26 June, 2018 22:15
Ok I get it, our Nigerian coach had a slow or rather poor tactical response plus this dark jersey that i preferred seems to be jinxed.

But PLEASE can someone explain to me why this Ref left Javier Mascherano with a bloodied face in the field of play??? Since when has this kind of thing become allowed in football???

Anyway let me continue mourning the death of our people massacred by herdsmen because their 300 cows were missing in Plateau State, Nigeria.

Would it have been proper for us Nigerians jubilating if we had won when we are mourning the death of Nigerians Slaughtered in the hands of herdsmen???

#NigerianLivesMatterNotCow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/06/2018 22:18 by AJ The Gunner.

SandyB (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 22:29
Quote:
But PLEASE can someone explain to me why this Ref left Javier Mascherano with a bloodied face in the field of play??? Since when has this kind of thing become allowed in football???

Notice that too.. there are double standards, there are scapegoats, something never changes.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 23:41
If Brazil lose and the Swiss tie or draw, your goal difference will be IRRELEVANT

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 23:42
Oh, and btw, there is a lot more to fear from Croatia than from Argentina... winking smiley

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 00:44
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Oh, and btw, there is a lot more to fear from Croatia than from Argentina... winking smiley
Couple of weeks back we actually put 3 past Croatia. (Sm100)

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 06:37
Why should he be scared of Argentina? that's the worst Argentina side in decades, worse than the Maradona circus of 2010.

karsene16 (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 11:28
That Ref in the Nig vs Arg game has always been an Asshole, he's a regular champions league match fixer.

27 June, 2018 13:52
Quote:
karsene16
That Ref in the Nig vs Arg game has always been an Asshole, he's a regular champions league match fixer.

Thought i was the only that noticed this Ref is the same for most of the CL games with dubious calls.

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 14:22
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
Quote:
karsene16

Thought i was the only that noticed this Ref is the same for most of the CL games with dubious calls.

There are lot of match fixers the other one is a Mexican ref. CL, Premier League everywhere there are many of them.

Goofle (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 14:53
Glad Nigeria are out, woeful team.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 15:47
Yes and dont have to watch Iwobi clod hopping about any more

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

djarse (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 17:00
And now we don't have to watch Ozil either - means he should be fresher for the next season. What an absurd decision by Germany to leave out Sane !

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 17:17
This is UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE..what a result!! (Sm22)

Ares (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 18:01
Hope the France game turns into a slug fest

27 June, 2018 18:58
Quote:
Padre Pio
Yes and dont have to watch Iwobi clod hopping about any more

Coach didn't even trust Iwobi to play him.

27 June, 2018 19:03
My Germans are Out!! I Saw This Coming But I Was Hoping. Defending Champions Sent Parking By South Korea 2 whooping 0!!! Crashing Out In The Group Stage!!! They obviously left their scoring boots back home. Frankly a divided house can never achieve anything.

They were completely woeful. Mexico, Sweden and South Korea played them the same way yet they had no answer or solution.

I knew something ain't right with them even before the political brouhaha with Ilkay Gündogan and Mesut Özil.
I felt they had gone full circle.

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 20:31
Quote:
Ares
Hope the France game turns into a slug fest
Tackles flying, cards flashing, last man standing a total carnage that's the kinda game we want to see. (Sm6)

SnP's French team is now shaking their boots!! (Sm22)

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 20:53
Rojo, Mascherano, Otamendi, Thugs Inc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/06/2018 20:55 by SaltnPeppah.

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 21:06
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Rojo, Mascherano, Otamendi, Thugs Inc.

They are gonna kick your overrated prima donnas hard n Messi knows too well your shaky defense of Varane n Umtiti. Be afraid, be very very afraid. They are comin..(Sm6)

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 21:50
Kanté will have Messi for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Varane has been our best performer so far, with Lloris, Kanté & Hernandez. Only one goal conceded (from a stupid, needless penalty). Not worried one bit.

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 22:01
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Kanté will have Messi for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Varane has been our best performer so far, with Lloris, Kanté & Hernandez. Only one goal conceded (from a stupid, needless penalty). Not worried one bit.

I think game over for both the Euro finalists Portugal n France n the way Falcao n co are playing it will be game over for either England/Belgium in next round. Lovin it!! (Sm48) (Sm46)

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 14:23
Brazil favorites. Argentina disjointed but you cab never discount messi, but their formation and tactics are so baffling, expect France to go through.

France has the defense to cope with Brazil and win 1-0 on a set piece or headed cross.

But Brazil have most of the in form players for the last season and would be favorites still

SandyB (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 16:58
Senegal the first team in World Cup history eliminated on fair play tiebreaker.

Final scores: Poland 1-0 Japan, Colombia 1-0 Senegal
1st place: Colombia
2nd place: Japan

Unbelievable. For the first time in the history of the World Cup, a team has advanced on the fair play tiebreaker. Senegal and Japan finished level on points, goal differential, goals scored and head-to-head, but Japan finished with four bookings to Senegal’s six.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 19:08
Why take welbeck if you're not going to play him in this game??? Might as well have taken Wilshere or a young striker.

hahanice (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 19:41
why is everyone so happy ozil will be fresh for the new season...

instead we should be thinking, "man he really isnt good enough for a club like ours. definitely not good enough to be our highest earner"

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 19:46
Quote:
SandyB
Senegal the first team in World Cup history eliminated on fair play tiebreaker.
Final scores: Poland 1-0 Japan, Colombia 1-0 Senegal
1st place: Colombia
2nd place: Japan

Unbelievable. For the first time in the history of the World Cup, a team has advanced on the fair play tiebreaker. Senegal and Japan finished level on points, goal differential, goals scored and head-to-head, but Japan finished with four bookings to Senegal’s six.
Unbelievable, but that was the system everyone signed up to in advance

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

SandyB (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 19:48
Quote:
hahanice
why is everyone so happy ozil will be fresh for the new season...
instead we should be thinking, "man he really isnt good enough for a club like ours. definitely not good enough to be our highest earner"

Putting him on 350K wage is Wenger's parting gift to the club n now we are pretty much stuck with him. (Sm164)

SandyB (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 20:56
England vs Colombia
Belgium vs Japan

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 21:30
And so Belgium joins the harder part of the draw... Brazil won't be too happy. [:wor kid:]

28 June, 2018 21:36
Ok while it lasted back home Thursday.
Dodgy keeper.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 05:58
Dodgy defence

A shadow of what we were

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 16:10
Not impressed with Pickford. And you just know Stones/MaGuire/Cahill/Walker have a mistake in them.

Goofle (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 16:20
Replace those names with the names of any nations goalkeeper and defence.

There's like 10 good defenders in world football, the rest are just better or worse athletes.

SandyB (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 16:40
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Not impressed with Pickford. And you just know Stones/MaGuire/Cahill/Walker have a mistake in them.

Time to worry n pray dude..Argies are coming (Sm100) grinning smiley

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 17:28
Ooohhh, I'm scared! Arg are just as toothless as Peru. France too strong at the back. Have not conceded a single goal vs. South American teams since 1986.

My only concern is who our opponent will be in the 1/2 finals, Belgium or Brazil...? My money is on Martinez/Henry's team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2018 17:57 by SaltnPeppah.

SandyB (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 18:22
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Ooohhh, I'm scared! Arg are just as toothless as Peru. France too strong at the back. Have not conceded a single goal vs. South American teams since 1986.

My only concern is who our opponent will be in the 1/2 finals, Belgium or Brazil...? My money is on Martinez/Henry's team.
That’s a long shot Martinez has to go past Japan first hardly a cakewalk

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 19:30
Japan is the weakest of the 16 remaining teams (Denmark not far behind). Belgium will crush them 3-0.

SandyB (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 19:46
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Japan is the weakest of the 16 remaining teams (Denmark not far behind). Belgium will crush them 3-0.
But I think most important thing for you your lot is tomorrow Messi is coming, a long overdue performance n the Augero, Higuain, Di Maria too hot to handle for your overrated prima donnas, I see them falling like flies.. (Sm6)

But not everything is bleak, you lots have a good potential young team n Arsene Wenger is waiting for the French job to replace Deschamps, 2022 will be exciting!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2018 19:47 by SandyB.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 20:22
Speaking of failing coaches, whatever happened to Scolari? Is he still hiding in the Amazon forest? Living with the indígenas? Or is he in jail with Lula?

SandyB (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 20:56
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Speaking of failing coaches, whatever happened to Scolari? Is he still hiding in the Amazon forest? Living with the indígenas? Or is he in jail with Lula?

Well if both you n I've to be honest n now there is no conflict of interest, both Scolari n Wenger are greatest of coaches of their era, I'm ready to take a bow at both of them, I think it's time to burry the hatchet n wish them all the best.
I don't know about you but I'm gonna give Wenger all the best for his next 4 years endeavor with French national team in advance. He deserves it. (Sm53)

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 21:35
I hate to disappoint you, but the French Federation is not stupid enough to give Wenger the job, esp. with Zidane waiting in the wings.

SandyB (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 22:12
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
I hate to disappoint you, but the French Federation is not stupid enough to give Wenger the job, esp. with Zidane waiting in the wings.
Zidane is not waiting for NT job, he's waiting for his next big call up in club football. NT managerial jobs are non-glamorous thankless jobs only a legend like Wenger is well suited and experienced for such job. Wenger will be appointed your next manager by end of next week. French people n rest of the world will wish him all the best infact rest of the world is already wishing him all the best. (Sm53)

Infact English folks need to come out n wish him all the best, what are you waiting for? (Sm100)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2018 22:15 by SandyB.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 02:09
Good memories from the London 2012 Olympics...

[www.youtube.com]

(Sm100)

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 03:35
France defense will face messi, then ronaldo/suarez then neymar.
If they reach semis, kante would have done well if he wasn't already suspended by the time they get to neymar

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 04:50
Varane's fine, Umtiti's the one who's been in poor form. As for Kanté, he's been France's most reliable, consistent performer, he'll have Messi in his pocket.

SandyB (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 15:44
They are comin diving primadonnas they are comin in..(Sm6)

SandyB (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 16:05
They are in your home primadonnas, they are right in (Sm22)

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 16:34
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Varane's fine, Umtiti's the one who's been in poor form. As for Kanté, he's been France's most reliable, consistent performer, he'll have Messi in his pocket.
I expect France to reach the semis. My only concern is that when you play so many tricky players, you DM ends up taking one card for the team per game.

Anyway, it looks one hurdle out. Expect France to edge it 2-1 next game.

Brazil will seriously be looking at this.. Physically brazil will find it difficult. Thsts where france have the edge over both Spain and Brazil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2018 16:36 by CazOnARola.

SandyB (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 16:54
Thanks for knocking out the cun.ts, primadonnas eye rolling smiley

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 20:02
Sandy matuidi kante and pogba is where its a challenge for brazil. But brazil has the edge in the coutinho neymar jesus vs mbappe giroud griezmann.

If it's a stiffled game, France will have the edge physically. In an open game, Brazil have the edge. Marcello s fitness is key overall, he's magic on the wings

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 20:24
As Deschamps and co. said before the game, a new tournament begins. Teams have to show what they're really made of. So maybe now, England fans, players and pundits will scale down their optimism over their own chances.

ANyway, it remains to be seen how Brazil cope with a very strong Belgium team in the next round.

Neymar who? We've got M'BAPPÉ! (Sm60)

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net