football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Re: World cup thread
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 20:16
Quote:
SuperRob
Russia will get to the final
Russia are shite.
Be amazed if they get through tonight.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

07 July, 2018 21:48
Even I fancy England against Croatia.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 23:21
Hope Croatia wins it, my mind tells me France will.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 10:10
And the Three Lions matches on!! England are through to the finals because I just can't see Croatia beating them.

I just can't. They have an easy ride and its there's for the taking

As for Croatia, it would seem that lightening still strikes twice as they have gone through yet again via penalty shootout.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

08 July, 2018 10:25
Football can be favourable to some while hard on others.

The two best teams are pitched against each other while the weak teams are pitched against each other.

Should have France vs England & Croatia vs Belgium.

Now that would have been more interesting and fair if you ask me.

But for whatever pooling strategy was used to group teams, only FIFA KNOWS but England sure got an easy ride plus the Ref's have given calls that seem to favour them.(Sm9)
So for all it's worth, they better make the most of it now because tomorrow won't be that easy.

May the best team win!! Hoping for a cracking Finals.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 15:09
France will beat Croatia in the final!

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 17:56
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
France will beat Croatia in the final!
This

Goofle (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 18:36
Croatia lol

As if they have a chance against the will of the English fans.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 20:35
Really hoping for an inspired Luka performance.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 05:08
Quote:
Goofle
Croatia lol
As if they have a chance against the will of the English fans.
Or the refs

SuperRob (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 20:05
Mbappe reminds me of gervinho

De bruyne doesn't seem up for this game for some reason

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 20:18
Quote:
SuperRob

lol, Mbappe is already better than Gervinho was and this kid still has huge potential

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

10 July, 2018 20:51
Quote:
SuperRob
De bruyne doesn't seem up for this game for some reason

Yup.

Lukaku was quite too.

Only Hazard looked like he might do something.

It is France's WC to lose now.

10 July, 2018 22:28
And It's France All The Way To The Finals. I Call Them The United Colors of Benetton. Lol. Well Done Belgium For Making It This Fair. So Who Will Play France In The Finals?? FIFA's Favourite or ???

Goofle (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 23:16
Quote:
SuperRob

wut?

SandyB (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 00:00
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
And It's France All The Way To The Finals. I Call Them The United Colors of Benetton. Lol. Well Done Belgium For Making It This Fair. So Who Will Play France In The Finals?? FIFA's Favourite or ???
Definitely FIFA’s favorite. They will win it.

11 July, 2018 18:52
Here is why I think England will beat Croatia. The Croatian team look mentally exhausted. They've had tougher games which has taken a toil on them whereas England has had it easy plus it appears that they are the favoured one. Plus Croatia has been playing the same way which is tedious to watch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2018 19:52 by AJ The Gunner.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 21:38
Bye Bye Three kittens! grinning smiley

11 July, 2018 21:47
Ehhhhh! #ItsComingHome RIGHT??? Like joke like joke Croatia has reached the finals.

This game was one that I really didn't expect this outcome.

This Croatian's are something else.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 22:14
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
France will win it.

As usual am right

11 July, 2018 22:19
Croatia the better team overall tonight.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 22:23
Croatia were bang averaged England threw it away and Kane was terrible.

France will beat them at least 3-0

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 22:45
Im just amazed that such a limited team got so far. Croatia were by far the better team and Modric superb

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

11 July, 2018 23:01
Quote:
Padre Pio
Im just amazed that such a limited team got so far. Croatia were by far the better team and Modric superb

Yes.

Might not mean a lot but If Belgium are up for 3rd place Saturday they could hammer England.

SandyB (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 23:08
Quote:
3 penalties, 2 rebounds one unknown goal, journey to the golden boot
Someone put this on twitter but nevermind let's do this #ItsComingHome2022

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 03:08
Lot of luck and help to get here. The biggest help came from Belgium s goal in the group stage.

France won't rip apart crostia. They will just play cautiously like they have. They know they just nedx to break them down once and they have the quality.

They will again pack the midfield and end up running the way madrid beat pool

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 05:10
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Socceroos are like Huddersfield. Remember how hard it was for ManCity to break them down? Anyway, a win is all that counts at this stage. By the 1/4 and 1/2 semi-finals, France will have found their perfect team/system and their fluidity. You'll see.
Won’t go beyond 16. (Sm6)

Yo, how's your summer going sandy? Hope you didn't choke on your shitty predictions.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 12:00
France Brazil would have been a worthy final.

Just does what a difference a coach makes.

He has filled his team with tall strong players being ksnte and griezmann. Stuck with giroud for more than 3 years.

The man had a plan, and inspite of a few mistakes, he has been able to get good team to play this way.

Made pogba sacrifice being the star with only matuidi going foward and pogba and kante staying back to stop belgium.
Dechamps deserves all the credit for having a plan and sticking to it and getting them to the final

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 13:09
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Socceroos are like Huddersfield. Remember how hard it was for ManCity to break them down? Anyway, a win is all that counts at this stage. By the 1/4 and 1/2 semi-finals, France will have found their perfect team/system and their fluidity. You'll see.
Won’t go beyond 16. (Sm6)

Yo, how's your summer going sandy? Hope you didn't choke on your shitty predictions.
Pure luck dude, pure luck. Now I wanna wish you best of luck for the final probably to jinx it. grinning smiley

SuperRob (IP Logged)
15 July, 2018 16:16
Greizman dive

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
15 July, 2018 17:56
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
France will win it.

As usual...

SuperRob (IP Logged)
15 July, 2018 17:59
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
France will win it.

As usual...

As usual...

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
15 July, 2018 18:24
Was a good final, France deserved to win it, but the score flatters them somewhat

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

15 July, 2018 19:14
He Lifted The World Cup as A Captain in 1998 and Now As A Coach, France Is Lifting The World Cup in 2018!!! Didier Deschamps Is Indeed The Champ!!!

This Game Was A Weird One For Croatia. The First Game They Just Weren't In Their Element. Own Goal, Conceding A Penalty.... Well A Controversial One. Same Ball To Hand That Was Denied Nigeria But A Penalty For France.
But FIFA.... You tried some crafty crafty moves for this game O!

Nevertheless, France were the overall best team and they deserved to be crowned the World Cup Champion 2018!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/07/2018 22:00 by AJ The Gunner.

15 July, 2018 19:17
Least I Forget, drum rolls.... And the best assist in this world cup 2018 goes to (Sm22) the French goal keeper Lloris. What was he thinking??? Winning 4:1 but you had to add a bit of flavour. Lol

15 July, 2018 21:31
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
Least I Forget, drum rolls.... And the best assist in this world cup 2018 goes to (Sm22) the French goal keeper Lloris. What was he thinking??? Winning 4:1 but you had to add a bit of flavour. Lol

That is just Tottenham in him comimg out to try to bottle it for France.

Luckily for France, they only had one Tottenham player in the team.

15 July, 2018 22:02
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner

That is just Tottenham in him comimg out to try to bottle it for France.

Luckily for France, they only had one Tottenham player in the team.

(Sm22)

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
16 July, 2018 02:20
CHAMPIONS DU MONDE!

as predicted by yours truly. (Sm60)

Yo, sandy, don't be sore, your boy Neymar will get to play with MBappé again next season. (Sm6)

karsene16 (IP Logged)
16 July, 2018 10:16
Good world cup, I hate international football at times. Teams that play the best football can lose out to individuals at times.

I'll see everyone at Arsenal times when Unai Gets Sacked lol

See you later

SandyB (IP Logged)
16 July, 2018 12:44
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
CHAMPIONS DU MONDE! Yo, sandy, don't be sore, your boy Neymar will get to play with MBappé again next season. (Sm6)
Who knows?

Goofle (IP Logged)
16 July, 2018 13:11
Shame the best CM ever won't be able to complete his CV with a World Cup win, but I'm glad for Kante and Varane. Two astonishingly amazing footballers.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
16 July, 2018 13:23
Modric did get footballer of the tournament

Goofle (IP Logged)
16 July, 2018 14:02
Deservedly. He's just something out of this world.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
16 July, 2018 14:11
Not a single Arsenal player in France 23 for the first time in a long time, btw.

Also, there's no way France would have won if Koscielny had been playing in this tournament. His injury was a blessing in disguise for Deschamps.

Goofle (IP Logged)
16 July, 2018 14:49
He wouldn't have played if fit anyway. Nowhere near good enough to get a sniff, and never has been anywhere close to Umtiti and Varane.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
16 July, 2018 16:26
Robbie envious of France!

[www.youtube.com]

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
17 July, 2018 18:42
Lovren complaining that "France didn't play football" is the height of hypocrisy and bad faith, esp. considering the Croats did everything to PREVENT the French from playing football with their constant high press.

SandyB (IP Logged)
17 July, 2018 20:44
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Lovren complaining that "France didn't play football" is the height of hypocrisy and bad faith, esp. considering the Croats did everything to PREVENT the French from playing football with their constant high press.
Actually nothing to complain about football but French were given two very questionable penalty decisions by Collina mafia syndicate one against Argentina n another against Croatia both are very vital turning point of the game. This WC was run by a disgusting European bias even they put European refs when a South American team was playing against an European opponent.
France being a counter attacking team without having a single creative midfielder got full advantage of the goal ahead but I gotta acknowledge France played the best counter attacking football in WC probably since Italy played in 1982.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
17 July, 2018 21:29
Well, like you said yourself, it's not a beauty contest. The end justifies the means. The players don't care how they do it, as long as they win in the end. France tried to play jogo bonito in 1982 and 1986 and lost against the ugly, but super-efficient Germans. France got some luck along the way, incl. VAR decisions, but still scored 11 goals in the knock-out stages, incl. 4 in the final. How many previous winners achieved that?

SandyB (IP Logged)
17 July, 2018 21:36
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Well, like you said yourself, it's not a beauty contest. The end justifies the means. The players don't care how they do it, as long as they win in the end. France tried to play jogo bonito in 1982 and 1986 and lost against the ugly, but super-efficient Germans. France got some luck along the way, incl. VAR decisions, but still scored 11 goals in the knock-out stages, incl. 4 in the final. How many previous winners achieved that?
Well final had 6 goals but 3 dodgy goals.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 04:31
Its a pragmatic side. These days thsts all that works with football becoming more and more about only counter attacks. And of course VAR made sure that the natural lost of things as per FIFAs agenda remains. Not so much with france winning but more with the other teams who made it far

tigerline (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 11:42
Quote:
CazOnARola
Its a pragmatic side. These days thsts all that works with football becoming more and more about only counter attacks. And of course VAR made sure that the natural lost of things as per FIFAs agenda remains. Not so much with france winning but more with the other teams who made it far

Leicester won a title with superb counter-attacking, which is one reason why a pacy winger would be a welcome additional weapon in our arsenal.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 13:21
I find the South American view fascinating. I've spoken to a few I know now and all feel very strongly about the ref bias against them. Most really can't get over England beating Columbia and feel they were completely screwed by the ref and England.

I honestly cannot understand this. I mean Henderson was headbutted do Columbians dispute that? They call the English cheats yet they were scuffing up the centre spot for the penalty, and tried for literally minutes to put Kane off. Yet the English cheated? I simply cannot see what they saw, but they seem to truly believe that they were screwed.

SandyB (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 19:11
Quote:
younghansolo
I find the South American view fascinating. I've spoken to a few I know now and all feel very strongly about the ref bias against them. Most really can't get over England beating Columbia and feel they were completely screwed by the ref and England.
I honestly cannot understand this. I mean Henderson was headbutted do Columbians dispute that? They call the English cheats yet they were scuffing up the centre spot for the penalty, and tried for literally minutes to put Kane off. Yet the English cheated? I simply cannot see what they saw, but they seem to truly believe that they were screwed.
Dude that Harry Kane dive in the penalty box happened almost every game including at least
twice in the final against Croatia in final the ref didn’t even take a look at VAR. Without that penalty goal England couldn’t score a goal in that game also the supposedly head butt ref has shown a yellow card it was more play acting than head butt never a red card. Your media can’t go round ridiculing Neymar about rolling while your own players diving like a cun.t in the penalty box(the Leicester defender) or Harry Kane flapping every time he was trying to dribble which isn’t his forte.
There were only two penalty decisions with VAR was given for all South American team by Collina’s scam team not giving blatant penalty against Belgium for Jesus foul even using VAR was embarrassing. There is an unwritten rule not to have an European ref when a European n South American team is playing also not followed in vital QF game like Brazil vs Belgium where Serbian ref n Collina’s team in VAR room making some controversial decisions
proved the bias beyond doubt they had a plan but the plan slightly misfired when Croatia popped the party n France take it away from you guys. If England made it to the final history would have been rewritten by Collina’s scam artists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/07/2018 19:19 by SandyB.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 17:24
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
younghansolo
Dude that Harry Kane dive in the penalty box happened almost every game including at least
twice in the final against Croatia in final the ref didn’t even take a look at VAR. Without that penalty goal England couldn’t score a goal in that game also the supposedly head butt ref has shown a yellow card it was more play acting than head butt never a red card. Your media can’t go round ridiculing Neymar about rolling while your own players diving like a cun.t in the penalty box(the Leicester defender) or Harry Kane flapping every time he was trying to dribble which isn’t his forte.
There were only two penalty decisions with VAR was given for all South American team by Collina’s scam team not giving blatant penalty against Belgium for Jesus foul even using VAR was embarrassing. There is an unwritten rule not to have an European ref when a European n South American team is playing also not followed in vital QF game like Brazil vs Belgium where Serbian ref n Collina’s team in VAR room making some controversial decisions
proved the bias beyond doubt they had a plan but the plan slightly misfired when Croatia popped the party n France take it away from you guys. If England made it to the final history would have been rewritten by Collina’s scam artists.

Mate, how is a headbutt not a red card in any circumstance??
I can't stand Kane, I think he's a complete @#$%&, but he was practically being raped in the box. Of course it was a pen.
For me they were just the right decisions which team in the past got away with and never should. Pulling shirts, holding in the box is by definition a foul and therefore a penno

Personally it smacks of South American teams complaining because their dirty tactics have been caught out by VAR.

What I will say, is there needs to be more consistency.

SandyB (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 18:25
Quote:
Mate, how is a headbutt not a red card in any circumstance??
Ask BBC or Guardian that when someone lightly stamped Neymar which was caught on camera but not even shown a card which became a global meme promoted by English media why that’s not red card well there wasn’t even a yellow card. Regarding the Harry Kane penalty that’s the only time a ref has given one but they missed easily another 30 more critical incidents where a player was closer to score. England played every match with 12 men unfortunately still couldn’t win. They tactically took out teams like Spain not giving much clearer penalty decisions to put England through on a clear path but Croatia robbed it very late.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net