football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Arsenal Shirt left sleeve sponsor announced.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 12:13
The Rwanda Development Board, through their subsidiary, the Rwanda Convention Bureau, has become our first official sleeve partner as part of the country’s drive to become a leading global tourist destination, using ‘Visit Rwanda’ messaging.

The three-year deal will also see ‘Visit Rwanda’ become our official Tourism Partner. The ‘Visit Rwanda’ logo will feature on the left sleeve of all our teams next season. The new kit for season 2018/19 was unveiled on May 22.

Rwanda is one of the fastest growing economies in Africa with a booming tourism sector that has seen the number of visitors double in the last decade. The country’s national parks are attracting record number of tourists due to growing numbers of wildlife including black rhino, lions, zebra, chimpanzees and the famous mountain gorillas. Rwanda is also attracting new hotels and lodges across the country, making it easier to experience longer, unique and memorable vacations.

Our chief commercial officer, Vinai Venkatesham, said: “This is an exciting partnership which will see us support Rwanda’s ambition to build their tourism industry. The country has been transformed in recent years and Arsenal’s huge following will bring Rwanda into people’s minds in a new and dynamic way.

The Arsenal shirt is seen 35 million times a day globally and we are one of the most viewed teams around the world. We look forward to working with the ‘Visit Rwanda’ team to further establish the country as a leading tourist destination.”

Rwanda is ranked as the second easiest place to do business in Africa by the World Bank and has been awarded for its leadership in tourism and competitiveness by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) and the World Economic Forum respectively.

Rwanda Development Board chief executive officer, Clare Akamanzi, said: “We're thrilled to be partnering with Arsenal and showcasing the vibrancy and beauty of our country. Rwanda is a country pulsing with energy, creativity and innovation.

“Visit Rwanda and discover why we are the second fastest growing economy in Africa. Investors in Rwanda are able to register their businesses in only six hours and prepare to enjoy the opportunities accrued from the free trade agreements that we’ve signed with over 50 countries.

“Renowned for our incredible and unique Mountain Gorilla tracking experience, tourists can also enjoy a variety of water sports, cycling, hiking, bird watching to list a few of the tourist attractions available while in Rwanda.”

Players from our men’s and women’s teams will visit Rwanda and club coaches will host coaching camps to support the development of the game for boys and girls in the country.

‘Visit Rwanda’ will gain global exposure through branding on matchday LED boards at Emirates Stadium, all the interview backdrops and a broad range of other marketing rights. They will also have the opportunity to engage our fans around the world through the club’s social media channels.

Copyright 2018 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Re: Arsenal Shirt left sleeve sponsor announced.
younghansolo (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 14:33
Should be visit London.Why couldn't we have given the sponsorship to a local company for less money?

Not sure why visit Rwanda would want this deal either. I mean the majority of the people who would care are probably already in Rwanda. Can't imagine the average football fan in England (or Europe or Asia or USA) is going to suddenly want to visit Rwanda because of this,

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 12:15
No but many will know there is something known as Rwanda, a country. It will surprise you how many. And many who will know just by the press release they are getting out of this. It's also a signal to the business world "we are ready to offer you freebies, land, etc etc anything if you would like to come here, Rwanda is now open for business". A lot of African, even look at Israel, are trying to advertise in a big way to get some attention, if nothing else

There's better ways to gain exposure imo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 24/05/2018 15:36 by younghansolo.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 12:59
You will be surprised at how many ppl i met were searching for wakanda after black panther

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 15:33
How much?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 19:40
I see at least 10-15 of then googling if wakanda is a real country or not

Shane (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 19:56
I think Padre was talking about how much Arsenal get.

Anyways, I'm not at all political, but it seems a bit immoral to endorse a country as backwards as this for commercial reasons. I read that a man convicted of robbing bananas was executed for his crime.

celine dion (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 21:01
Not only that. But no c*nts going to go to Rwanda are they really. After its massive civil war and genocide scenario going back about 20 years. I appreciate that all that has finished now and the government are trying to improve their economy via tourism. But I'd be pretty surprised if your average punter sees 'visit Rwanda' on Mustafis shirt sleeve and thinks 'yes I'd better get along there next year, due to my unwavering support for Arsenal Football club'. Seems to me a waste of money really.

Shane (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 22:07
Dunno mate. Tens of millions of people are going to be exposed to the name of that country every week until 2021 and while the vast majority aren't going to suddenly book flights, I do think it'll pique a lot of people's interest at the same time. I reckon more than anything they're probably paying Arsenal to enhance their image.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 22:29
What's the deal worth?
It's about corporate image I don't suppose they are expecting a rush anytime soon

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 08:11
Quote:
Shane
Dunno mate. Tens of millions of people are going to be exposed to the name of that country every week until 2021 and while the vast majority aren't going to suddenly book flights, I do think it'll pique a lot of people's interest at the same time. I reckon more than anything they're probably paying Arsenal to enhance their image.
Exactly. Just the press release would have given them new visibility already. I hope we are getting paid a lot cause i would there would be less controversial sponsors interested in us and should have submitted bids

younghansolo (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 10:57
But I mean... Had you not heard of Rwanda before they put their name on our shirt? You done;t need to generate awareness of a country. But you do need to create awareness of the benefits to business and tourism (and it's clearly geared at that with the words "visit.") I'm not sure this is going to do that.

I had heard of them like pretty much every @#$%& else and them sponsoring Arsenal does nothing else for me or most people I know.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 13:53
Not sure why Rwana in particular is an issue.

Arsenal would advertise visiting an Igloo in the Arctic as long as they paid good money. That's what it's all about.

Shane (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:56
Quote:
younghansolo
But I mean... Had you not heard of Rwanda before they put their name on our shirt? You done;t need to generate awareness of a country. But you do need to create awareness of the benefits to business and tourism (and it's clearly geared at that with the words "visit.") I'm not sure this is going to do that.
I had heard of them like pretty much every @#$%& else and them sponsoring Arsenal does nothing else for me or most people I know.

It's not about awareness in the conventional sense I don't think. As you said, everyone knows Rwanda exists, but I'm guessing most people associate it with poverty and a film with Don Cheadle about genocide and corruption. That's the perception it evokes for me anyway, but being tied to a brand like Arsenal, who are the fifth biggest club on the planet going by turnover, is a serious way of changing how people view the country. I think shattering prejudice is probably the priority.

You and I won't be going, but you and I probably have no designs on visiting Africa period. For those who do, there's no reason to exclude Rwanda from a list of probable destinations now since a brand like Arsenal are behind it.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 15:50
Quote:
PKGooner
Not sure why Rwana in particular is an issue.
Arsenal would advertise visiting an Igloo in the Arctic as long as they paid good money. That's what it's all about.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 02:39
An impoverished African country which has received hundreds of millions of pounds in aid from British taxpayers is paying £30 million to sponsor Arsenal – one of the world's richest football clubs.

Rwanda, which is getting £62 million this year alone from the UK, has paid the Premier League club to promote the country's tourist industry on players' shirts.

The astonishing deal will also give Rwanda's despotic ruler Paul Kagame and his cronies the use of an exclusive hospitality box at the London club's Emirates Stadium, piles of match-day tickets and access to star players for promotional work.

Last night, furious critics of the UK's £13 billion-a-year foreign aid programme said the deal proves that British taxpayer cash is being flagrantly wasted.

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Shouldn't Arsenal fans be ashamed to the depth that their club had plunged; whose only interest is to worship at the Temple of Mammon, nothing else matter?

For shame, Arsenal fans should refuse to buy shirts with "Visit Rwanda" on the sleeve.

"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is a success.”
Henry Ford

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net