football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Emery to build a new Arsenal Team around Ramsey and Aubameyang.
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 15:02
Unai Emery has told Arsenal’s hierarchy that he plans to build his team around Aaron Ramsey and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, according to reports. The 46-year-old is set to be officially announced as Arsene Wenger’s successor after impressing Arsenal chiefs in an interview. Mikel Arteta had been the favourite to land the job, but the Gunners have opted for a manager with more experience.

According to The Sun, Emery delivered a presentation to Arsenal’s board two weeks ago, which included an in-depth analysis of every player at the club. And during his interview, Emery made it clear that both Ramsey and Aubameyang will be integral to his plans ahead of the new campaign.

The report claims that Arsenal’s chief executive Ivan Gazidis and his recruitment team were left ‘gobsmacked’ by Emery’s attention to detail and his forensic knowledge of the squad. A source close to Arsenal told The Sun: ‘He knew more about the Arsenal squad and every relevant detail about their career path and injury histories than people who had been at the club for years.

‘They’d no idea where he had gathered his information but they were mesmerised by the vision he put before them.’

Aaron Ramsey future at Arsenal remains uncertain. The 28-year-old scored 10 goals in 13 Premier League appearances and looks set to lead the line next term.

Ramsey, meanwhile, has a year remaining on his contract with Arsenal, while his agent indicated over the weekend that talks over a new deal have not begun.

Reports have suggested that Arsenal will look to offload Ramsey as a way to bolster their £50m transfer budget.

But it now appears Emery is keen for the Wales international to remain at the club.

Read more: [metro.co.uk]

It is only The Sun.

Re: Emery to build a new Arsenal Team around Ramsey and Aubameyang.
Bergmars (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 15:43
Ramsey may not be with us .

A shadow of what we were

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 15:49
Rabiot has one year left on his contract.
Perhaps Emery can convince him to replace Ramsey.

Will Wilshere and Xhaka improves under Emery?

'In the end the most satisfying solution is the one where you have cleared everything away and there is no solution at all any more, at the same time, the problem has been solved. That's the nicest way of doing it.'
Brilliant Orange [2010]

tigerline (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 16:19
Which players will we sell off and how much can we add to boost our transfer budget?

Ozil?
Ramsey?
Ospina?
Xhaka?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/05/2018 16:35 by tigerline.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 19:25
We need defensive players first

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 19:52
Quote:
CazOnARola

this, This, THIS!

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 21:09
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
CazOnARola

this, This, THIS!

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

tigerline (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 21:11
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
CazOnARola

this, This, THIS!

Agreed.

I see us needing immediate upgrades at each of the back six positions.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 06:26
I used to think Ramsey was not it at all until I witnessed how he almost single handedly carried the Wales team at the Euro's until he got injured and they were knocked out.
It was at that point I decided not to be quick to judge our player's until I watch them play for another manager.

Let's see if he stays or goes but we need to sort out our defense ASAP!!!

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 12:43
Unai Emery has come up against Pep Guardiola (10 games) and Jose Mourinho (5 games) on 15 occasions overall, but hasn't won a single one of those matches (W0 D5 L10).

Not a lot changes then. (Sm22)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

SuperRob (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 13:49
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Unai Emery has come up against Pep Guardiola (10 games) and Jose Mourinho (5 games) on 15 occasions overall, but hasn't won a single one of those matches (W0 D5 L10).

I think 5 draws against Barcelona and Madrid is pretty good for clubs like valencia and sevilla.

SandyB (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 14:19
Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
Boston Gooner

I think 5 draws against Barcelona and Madrid is pretty good for clubs like valencia and sevilla.
Agreed. His times at Valencia n Sevilla there were monsters at Barca n Real.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 14:27
The past takes doesn't matter. If we ask each the games, the improvements in organization, if they are any, should be visible to all of us by the end of the next season at least

tigerline (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 14:46
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
CazOnARola

this, This, THIS!

Agreed.

I see us needing immediate upgrades at each of the back six positions.

Cech
Monreal
Chambers/Kos
Mustafi
Bellerin
Xhaka

It looks like Emery likes to play a back four.
We need a complete overhaul back here.

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 18:41
Most important position is cm

Ichigo (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 19:34
Xhaha has shown glimpses of what he can do towards the end of last season. He was one of the most cositstent performers in the last half of the season. Maybe he will improve under Unai. He has passion which is something most of our players lack. So I guess we should give him a chance and not write him off too quickly. Same applies to Stead.

tigerline (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 21:29
Quote:
Ichigo
Xhaha has shown glimpses of what he can do towards the end of last season. He was one of the most cositstent performers in the last half of the season. Maybe he will improve under Unai. He has passion which is something most of our players lack. So I guess we should give him a chance and not write him off too quickly. Same applies to Stead.

Who is Stead?

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 09:48
Kolasinac, Sead

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 12:50
Quote:
Merlion96
Rabiot has one year left on his contract.
Perhaps Emery can convince him to replace Ramsey.

Will Wilshere and Xhaka improves under Emery?

I would get rid of Xhaka first before Ramsey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net