football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Sir Arsene Wenger?
SandyB (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 04:03
Looks like folks in English congress are debating about awarding ‘sir’ to Wenger!! (Sm105)
While Wenger is acknowledging his mistake of penny pinching 12m Christiano Ronaldo price tag. And guess what he seems to have rejected league 1 8th place giant St. Etienne. (Sm6)
I desperately want him to sign for someone plz, so that we don’t have to see a Sir Arsene Wenger return as director of football which merl always creamed about what more Arteta as head coach n Santi Cazorla his assistant. hallelujah!!

Re: Sir Arsene Wenger?
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 08:39
Wenger won't be here unless gazidis, sven and raul have all been kicked out. So stop worrying.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 08:39
They can add sir but he is still Uncle Wenger. Lol

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 08:46
I thought he had an honourary knighthood and we already have a director of football Mislentatt or something like that (turns out its an OBE)

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 08:57 by Padre Pio.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 11:52
I thought one has to be a British citizen to be conferred the title 'Sir'?

tigerline (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 13:02
Quote:
mapleleafgooner

Apparently, he can be knighted, but cannot be called "Sir."

[people.com]

Shane (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 13:10
Quote:
mapleleafgooner

He's lived in the UK since 1996 so maybe he has citizenship, or else he's been on a long ass Visa.

tigerline (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 13:29
Quote:
Shane
Quote:
mapleleafgooner

He's lived in the UK since 1996 so maybe he has citizenship, or else he's been on a long ass Visa.

[m.youtube.com]

SandyB (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 13:34
Quote:
Padre Pio
I thought he had an honourary knighthood and we already have a director of football Mislentatt or something like that (turns out its an OBE)

That guy is Raul Sanllehi, padre but he's Director of football relation at Arsenal n less of a Technical Director. Basically, he used to oversee most of the Barca's transfer dealings but being Director of Football in Barca for a very long time he might have experience in technical side of the game. To run the club with a newbie head coach like Arteta, we might need a more involved technical guy on top of him. So who knows 'Sir Arsene Wenger' might return in that role by January on popular demand!! (Sm6)

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 16:06
Thay was a made up name to appease Wnger but really he is DoF

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

SandyB (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 18:52
Here you go...Wenger backs Arteta and Arteta backs Santi Cazorla!! (Sm124)
Stage is all set for a 'Sir Arsene Wenger' come back after 6 months of holiday. (Sm100)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 18:53 by SandyB.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 05:53
@#$%&.... sad smiley

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 06:51
They are clearing out the old Wengerites

SandyB (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 12:27
In the interview where he said he still didn’t clear his desk coz he’s still in shock, he also said he’s still deciding whether to work as manager or something higher. He said PSG management was always his good friend but didn’t contact him recently. Then he some sort of endorsed Arteta. All signs are scary... he’s planning for a coup!! (Sm123)

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 14:33
I think the only way he will be back is if gazidis and Co. are fired and it ain't gonna happen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net