football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Summer Transfer Rumours.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 18:11
Arsenal have held talks with Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri's representatives, according to Sky Sports News

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2018 21:43 by Boston Gooner.

Re: Transfer Rumours.
15 May, 2018 18:14
Freiburg star Caglar Soyuncu is close to becoming an Arsenal player, according to reports. The centre-back was tipped to join Arsenal earlier this month.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 20:42
With or without a director of football, 'transfer negotiator' or bring out the oranges man as Wenger viewed him, surely the new manager should at least be consulted on new recruits.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:05
Buying players without a manager suggests the kind of manager they want. We are in for it

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:25
My thoughts exactly, I wonder when Arteta will be announced.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:31
I ask for director of footballs and head of recruitment and what not. But manager has to have a list thst he gives out to these folks and then they do the rest, if they can't get a particular guy then so be it, they move to next in the list. That way the manager doesn't get to think "id rather get a defender in for 30mn then get my b lister striker for 30mn". But it is ridiculous if we are signing players without consulting the manager.

It looks we are going to get a "coach" only and he won't be involved with player recruitment at all

SandyB (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 22:05
I wouldn't write off any of these guys signing they know what they are doing one of them is Dortmund veteran another one is Barca veteran.
Actually it's better to have a head coach with a brand new coaching team working with the head coach to shape up the players n make tactical decision during the game.

The Barca structure is way better than Wenger structure, where a backroom team will call the shots how the team wants to play what's the long time vision for team to progress and even not just the head coach a director of football will be involved in tactical preparation of the team for each game throughout the season.

Having said that, I do have strong reservation on Arteta, I think they could do far better than Arteta even recruiting the head coach.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 23:10
Seri is a lesser version of N'Golo Kanté.

Naiggolan/Arturo Vidal is the type of enforcer we need.

litmus (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 07:49
Naiggolan for me. That's a proper midfield enforcer, but Jorginho or Lemina could also work.

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours.
16 May, 2018 22:10
Reports from Germany indicate Arsenal are ready to pay Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno’s buyout clause.

kudzif01 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 22:51
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
Buying players without a manager suggests the kind of manager they want. We are in for it

How do you think things have been done in mainland Europe for over a decade now, and at barca and Madrid do you think the managers decide purchases.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 23:02
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Reports from Germany indicate Arsenal are ready to pay Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno’s buyout clause.

He's shite! FFS!

Goofle (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 02:09
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Seri is a lesser version of N'Golo Kanté.

You only need to watch about 1 minute of footage to see that he's nothing like Kante. Closer to Wilshere.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 03:55
Seri is offensive and he isn't very tall. I thought we were going more physical players considering we have xhaka. Either ways i dont understand that the same players that run with 50mn pounds budget stories run with us blowing 40mn on seri.

This is just his agent trying to get him a move to a better club

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 03:56
I d be very surprised if we bought any player that we knew the name of this season. It's gonna be like mavropanos, of course more experienced, but not someone touted by the press until the deal is very close.

The new manager has to first prove himself and they may give more money next season based on his ability the work with what he has. They might also be willing to sacrifice another season without champions league.

The first target for the new man might just be chairmen for the top 4 and do better than wenger last year, even if he finished 5th. If wenger were still in charge, we d have write off this season as well, so I'm not too worried

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 03:59 by CazOnARola.

SandyB (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 04:34
Quote:
CazOnARola
I d be very surprised if we bought any player that we knew the name of this season. It's gonna be like mavropanos, of course more experienced, but not someone touted by the press until the deal is very close.
The new manager has to first prove himself and they may give more money next season based on his ability the work with what he has. They might also be willing to sacrifice another season without champions league.

The first target for the new man might just be chairmen for the top 4 and do better than wenger last year, even if he finished 5th. If wenger were still in charge, we d have write off this season as well, so I'm not too worried
Agreed, get ready for all the full of potential but unknown players n that’s why they want to have a understudy head coach. It’s rebuilding time but while rebuilding they need to be careful of not junking the squad which is already pretty sh.t gifted from Wenger era. If they follow the Liverpool rebuilding model then they need to sign odd Suarez, Coutinho type potential future world class players, not easy to find but that’s the gamble.
The most important thing with this strategy is to move fast n get the business done swiftly.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 06:26
The word is CHEAP we will see it's the way the club will go

A shadow of what we were

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 09:48
Our scouting failed us miserably. Continuous cost less than 20 and sureaz about 22.

Wenger was right in saying that price didn't always dictate the quality of a player. But the pbm of course was poor scouting network kept suggesting the gervinho s and wellington silvas of the world insteadwe had players like coutinho (who always had good dribble and shooting abilities, other things he improved on) or even mahrez or kante bought by Leicester.

The are plenty of good players out there considering the pool of players available around.

Our scouting in SA has been absolutely @#$%& and most of the flair players come from that continent.

Lets see what the German connection does for us

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net