football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Wilshere left out England squad.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 18:07
Apparently Jack Wilshere will miss the World Cup after being left out of England's 23-man squad by manager Gareth Southgate.

Not surprised.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Re: Wilshere left out England squad.
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 19:44
He is too fragile to last the WC tournament. Better that he has a good summer rest and prep for the new season.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:06
He didn't do enough to warrant being included thanks to his persistent injuries

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:29
In fairness Jack has played more PL games this season than he has since the 2010/11 season.

At one point he was playing really well, I think he just ran out of gas towards the end of the end of the season.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:34
I think he was playing well only because it was the first round of the europa league.

If anything i saw him get end to end a little bit towards the end of the campaign. He still is no where close to his speed over two yards as he was in his youth and that is a big pbm. His stamina levels are very low as well from what is required at epl level

SandyB (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 22:06
If I've to be honest, he isn't good enough to play for a top 4 team anymore.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 04:02
Quote:
SandyB

Bergmars (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 06:26
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
SandyB
That's ok he's playing for us and we won't be top four for a good while yet

A shadow of what we were

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 07:37
He was called up for England earlier in season then had to pull out of squad due to a strain

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:38
Still letter than half that squad. And certainly the only midfielder capable of playing up to strikers not running past them.

Silly decision. They'll pick lallana though who is crippled

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 13:40
And Jordan Henderson who is f.ucking s.hite.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

karsene16 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 15:31
What are England really missing out on?

All Wilshere has contributed to our season is passion.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 18:24
The only real midfielders in the squad are Henderson, Dier and Alli with Delph and Young possibly able to play there.

Considering the squad includes Rashford, Lingard, Sterling, Loftus-Cheek and Welbeck, all of whom are basically the same type of player and we can only play a max of 2 of them at the same time, I would have left Rashford out and taken Wilshere.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 14:10
Rashford (who I once thought would be the future of England's attack) has been absolutely useless all season and barely played. Totally agree Jack in place of him.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 22:20
Jack has come out fighting online and rightly so in my opinion.

SandyB (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 20:02
Quote:
Jack Wilshere's representatives have offered the Arsenal midfielder to French giants Paris Saint-Germain, it has been reported in L'Equipe.

Wilshere is believed to have been offered a new deal by the north London club but is yet to put pen to paper.

Thomas Tuchel is meanwhile looking to bolster his squad having arrived at the Ligue 1 side this summer.
Not sure about the authenticity though...

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 16:49
Apparently a lot people feel it's not right that Wilshere was left out of the English national team. I feel the fact that he is now injury prone worked against him.

Well time will tell if Southgate got it wrong. It shouldn't be automatic call up for any player.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net