football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

We need a coach with fresh ideas, not another old school manager ..
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 22:04
This.

Delaney also reports that one of the biggest attractions Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis has in Arteta, besides his familiarity with the club, is that his lack of managerial experience would play well within the executive structure Gazidis has spent building the past 8-9 months, brining in the likes of Raul Sanllehi and Sven Mislintat and Raul Sanllehi to spearhead general footballing operations and player recruitment, respectively. Arteta, in Gazidis’s opinion, would be free from those distractions and therefore be able to focus largely on coaching.

As has been noted in many other places, Arsenal would prefer to have an appointment made before the World Cup kicks off in early June and, if what Delaney is reporting has an ounce of truth to it, we might well be on our way to knowing who the next Arsenal manager is going to be.

[theshortfuse.sbnation.com]

I see the attraction of Arteta like "McVay at LA Rams".

It is difficult to salvage the debris from a mentally-weak squad lacking heart to fight.

Therefore, employing a new manager who focuses on coaching and building a new team with players he wanted is priority.

The new manager must not committed the errors of Rodgers and Moyes in just tinkering with the existign squad and trying to walk the straight and narrow to continue the legacy of their predecessors.

No, the new manager must smash away Wenger's Legacy, clear the rubbles and start anew with his philosophy and keeping players who are fully committed.

We are staring at 3 to 4 years of building a new Arsenal team.
There is no short-cut to success (unless we are owed by a petrodollar sheikh or a Russki Sugar Daddy) but 3 to 4 years of pain without successes to build a new Arsenal team.

Hope is the last creature out of Pandora Box

Re: We need a coach with fresh ideas, not another old school manager ..
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 22:07
Many believe he would be too friendly with the players and that the squad may struggle to respect him as a manger so soon after leaving.
But when discussing taking the step into management, Arteta spoke with the sort of authority that suggests he would not be pushed around.
“I will have everyone 120 per cent committed,” he said. “That’s the first thing. If not, you don’t play for me.
“When it’s time to work it’s time to work, and when it’s time to have fun then I’m the first one to do it, but that commitment is vital.”

[www.football.london]

[www.arsenal.com]-

SandyB (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 23:13
If they are going with Arteta then what stopping them from announcing now, why wait till 1st week of June?

Shane (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 23:42
This might just be the most diabolical decision ever made by Arsenal if it materialises.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 01:12
Low cost solution. Somethings never change.

SandyB (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 02:48
Julian Nagelsmann over Arteta any day.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 06:29
They may as well have Eddie Howe he at least has experience this could be a ticking bomb.

A shadow of what we were

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 08:26
Apparently you are not officially allowed to approach managers until transfer window opens

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 08:43
B.ollocks

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 08:50
Quote:
Delaney also reports that one of the biggest attractions Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis has in Arteta, besides his familiarity with the club, is that his lack of managerial experience would play well within the executive structure Gazidis has spent building the past 8-9 months, brining in the likes of Raul Sanllehi and Sven Mislintat and Raul Sanllehi to spearhead general footballing operations and player recruitment, respectively. Arteta, in Gazidis’s opinion, would be free from those distractions and therefore be able to focus largely on coaching.

this in effect is the worrying aspect of this madness. while i am up for giving people a chance, the state we are now is certainly not a time to try out an inexperienced manager. i heard a rumour even before wenger announced that he was leaving that the senoir players considered Arteta arrogant. if this is true then how on earth is he supposed to get them to play for him??

this may turn out to be a dynamite waiting to explode.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 12:23
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
this may turn out to be a dynamite waiting to explode.

or a repeat of the Moyes' fiasco.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 14:39
Why don't we wait and see what happens.

And if it is Arteta, why don't we wait and see whether he's any good before condemning him as a failure.

TonyStark (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 15:52
I like the idea of bringing in a young manager. Arteta has the backing, but no experience.
problem is, for such a huge job, I don't see any big name managers out there knocking down the door.
Allegri is staying put. Nagelsmann he's also staying. Enrique supposedly wants a lot of money, even though we've heard nothing about him being interviewed. So who's left ?
Patrick Vieira ? I think I'd rather have Arteta. just strange, we seem to have no options

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 15:55
Quote:
SuperRob
Why don't we wait and see what happens.
And if it is Arteta, why don't we wait and see whether he's any good before condemning him as a failure.

Because we've put up with c.rap management for longer than I care to remember.

So why take the risk on a completely untested assistant, when we can get a proven tried and tested manager.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2018 15:56 by BootyDaddy.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 16:30
Looks like Sam Allardyce will be available. 😂😂😂

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

younghansolo (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 16:38
The thought of Arteta being our manager genuinely makes me sick.

He's about as dynamic as a Wheelie Bin and has absolutely no experience. He's not even got all of his coaching qualifications.

If we go down that route we will be guaranteed to lose our best players, to not be able to recruit new ones, and to be certain of failure to get CL football.

I'm rarely an "extremes" poster but this is a clear nonsense hire if it happens.

TonyStark (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 16:43
so, as I posted, if not Arteta, then who ? unless they are holding secret meetings with candidates, we haven't read about anyone who is considered a BIG name

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 18:13
I'm sure there are plenty with coaching badges and experience. The idea behind hiring a former player is to sign a legend so that fans are patient and also a legend commands respect from players. That's where a viera would work. I don't think arteta fits in those categories.

And if we are going to gamble then there are several technical managers in la liga. If you watch the top half of that league play football, it is highly technical and def worth a gamble.

Where arteta has the edge is he knows the premier league and the club. His achiles heal is his credentials as a manager and how soon can he command respect

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2018 21:46 by CazOnARola.

Shane (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 18:15
Quote:
TonyStark
I'd rather have Arteta. just strange, we seem to have no options

There'd be plenty of options if the Arsenal's managers job was available, but it's not. We're interested in appointing a head coach, which means whoever get hired is going to get all of the blame if it doesn't work out, and none of the credit if it does.

Everton and Leeds sacked their head coach last season, even though it was Steve Walsh and Victor Orta who orchestrated their demise by making an absolute bollox of the recruitment drive last summer.

The head coach is going to get sacked if the results are sh*t, not the idiotic Directors of Football, the scouts, the chief executives or board members. Advertising such a job is always going to attract absolutely nobodies like Arteta because the people we want know better than to accept such a hopeless role.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 18:27
Quote:
Shane
Quote:
TonyStark
I'd rather have Arteta. just strange, we seem to have no options

There'd be plenty of options if the Arsenal's managers job was available, but it's not. We're interested in appointing a head coach, which means whoever get hired is going to get all of the blame if it doesn't work out, and none of the credit if it does.

Everton and Leeds sacked their head coach last season, even though it was Steve Walsh and Victor Orta who orchestrated their demise by making an absolute bollox of the recruitment drive last summer.

The head coach is going to get sacked if the results are sh*t, not the idiotic Directors of Football, the scouts, the chief executives or board members. Advertising such a job is always going to attract absolutely nobodies like Arteta because the people we want know better than to accept such a hopeless role.

How is the Arsenal structure different to say, Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus or Dortmund? I thought most of the big European clubs now have directors of football and head scouts?

A while back, weren't you saying that Klopp wouldn't be a like for like replacement for WEnger, and if Arsenal tried to hire him, they would also need to hire a director of football and a transfer guy?

SandyB (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 18:48
Shano doesn’t understand much about modern day football structure so no point arguing (Sm6) he’s AKB so only understand Wenger structure of despotism

Shane (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 00:49
Quote:
SuperRob
How is the Arsenal structure different to say, Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus or Dortmund? I thought most of the big European clubs now have directors of football and head scouts?
A while back, weren't you saying that Klopp wouldn't be a like for like replacement for WEnger, and if Arsenal tried to hire him, they would also need to hire a director of football and a transfer guy?

It is different Rob. The structure isn't all that different at Arsenal nowadays compared to other big European clubs, but the circumstances clearly are because whoever replaces Wenger will be the first head coach in the history of Arsenal. Why would well-known figures be killing each other to get their hands on that job when it's effectively Ivan Gazidis's experiment? Is it an experiment at other big European clubs? No it's their way of doing things and has been for a very long time.

It's also worth noting that if you join one of those clubs as head coach then you're guaranteed to be given quite a few marquee players to work with because the likes of Florentino Perez and Bartomeu, unlike Gazidis, are answerable to the people, the fans, if things don't work out. They have to spend quite a lot of money, which must be a hell of a lot more reassuring for a head coach than working under Gazidis, whose job up until this point clearly doesn't hinge on the team's success and therefore it's not his neck on the line.

There is a lot of people who we could appoint, either because they're available or because we give them an offer they can't refuse, but being Arsenal's head coach isn't all that attractive to anybody with a career, which is why Mikel Arteta and Patrick Vieira want the job.

Shane (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 00:54
I said Klopp was unproven in an environment where he has 100% control of transfers by the way, which isn't any less true just because Liverpool are in a Champions League final.

I think it's obvious he has done some great business.

SandyB (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 03:37
Quote:
Shane
I said Klopp was unproven in an environment where he has 100% control of transfers by the way, which isn't any less true just because Liverpool are in a Champions League final.
I think it's obvious he has done some great business.
Dude, as gunnersing often says that football isn’t your forte but beyond doubt writing some literary piece is! You not only said Klopp was unproven but also said similar stuff about Pep, Pochettino n almost everybody else other than Wenger. Klopp has worked with sporting directors throughout his career n till date works with one Michael Edwards
Also having a football management structure isn’t Gazidis’s pet project, he works for a sports businessman who’s name is Stan Kroenke. Just in case you still living in Wenger’s despotic la la land through out the world as well as Kroenke’s sports venture here in US also runs on similar structure, it’s not Gazidis who determines the budget to sign marquee players it’s the Kroenke’s who decide. Wenger is gone n so will be all his cronies so for better or worse get used to the new world order, mate.

Shane (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 04:07
Quote:
Shane

Quote:
SandyB
You not only said Klopp was unproven.

Do you do this on purpose or do you genuinely not see the difference in what you're saying and what I said?

You have proven yourself a troll - albeit a very talented one - time and time again, so I expect you intentionally miss the point just to draw these types of responses.

SandyB (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 04:29
Quote:
Shane
Quote:
Shane

Quote:
SandyB
You not only said Klopp was unproven.

Do you do this on purpose or do you genuinely not see the difference in what you're saying and what I said?

You have proven yourself a troll - albeit a very talented one - time and time again, so I expect you intentionally miss the point just to draw these types of responses.

(Sm6) that’s a below the belt hit on a boxing match, don’t ask me to pull out the thread but you didn’t call Klopp unproven in the past due to his transfer market inexperience but doubted his ability as a football coach/manager. Basically just like most of the Arsenal fans who lived in Wenger world you doubted every single football managers compared to Wenger. I’m following this site since 2008 n remember this discussion thousands of times where every feasible alternative discussion of Wenger ended with a question from Eduardo cult name an alternative in the world who can replace wenger. Guess what today Gazidis has the answer it’s mighty Arteta!! (Sm6)
Statutory warning: I don’t favor Arteta appointment only due to the fact, I foresee if by December things get that fuc.ked then a shano n like minded fans might start the bring back Wenger campaign which will end up very nasty. Hope silent Stan has a plan B n bringing back Wenger isn’t that plan B!! (Sm124)

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 04:05
Wenger will never be brought back. Arteta will struggle but we do have new players so need to prove themselves like aubemeyang and lacazette who have fairly fresh contracts along side ppl like iwobi who will paying for their jobs.

You will be surprised how hard ppl can work when their job is on the line. Look st ozils for before contact renewal and after.

Whoever the next manager is, if the players know that they're is no wenger to protect them again raul sanheli, it might just work.

As long as we are 5th or 6th and have won a couple of games against big teams, i dont think there will be a fan revolt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net