football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

WTF
SandyB (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 22:40
Transfer window opens on 17 May n closes on 6th August n still the club canโ€™t find the next manager? Itโ€™s more than 3 weeks every sign they are heading towards a big fu.k up.

Re: WTF
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 22:53
Why do we need a manager?

'If you want to be unhappy, just compare.' Chinese Proverb

'Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.' Winston Churchill

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 23:13
Don't expect anything else from the club.
Total farce as usual.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Flava (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 23:16
Which is why we have a head of recruitment

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 00:11
They promised Wenger not to announce the manager until he has gone.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 00:35
According to Jack the Plug on AFTV, we are very close to an agreement with Allegri. ๐Ÿ‘

SuperRob (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 01:29

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 04:46
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
According to Jack the Plug on AFTV, we are very close to an agreement with Allegri. ๐Ÿ‘
If this happens that will be worth the wait, if they sign Arteta after the wait that will be hard for the fans n hard on them too.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 08:15
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
If this happens that will be worth the wait, if they sign Arteta after the wait that will be hard for the fans n hard on them too.

Arteta is a disappointment irrespective of his time of appointment. It's the equivalent of signing sanogo on a free to me and I'd be very very disappointed but not surprised

younghansolo (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 09:27
I actually think our new manager will be far less involved in transfers.
Seems that be Allegri which is great news

Bergmars (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 12:09
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
mapleleafgooner

Arteta is a disappointment irrespective of his time of appointment. It's the equivalent of signing sanogo on a free to me and I'd be very very disappointed but not surprised

A shadow of what we were

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 15:35
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
mapleleafgooner

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 15:54
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
mapleleafgooner

No appointment can be called disappointment to be fair to Arteta or whoever is appointed. Underwhelming yes, disappointing only if it doesnโ€™t work out. Everybody deserves a chance before being written out, specially when fans put up so long with Wenger.

The point is transfer window starting on 17th May n it will be very unprofessional n careless from the club if they want to wait out till middle of June till the World Cup starts without any apparent reason.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 16:15
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
mapleleafgooner

No appointment can be called disappointment to be fair to Arteta or whoever is appointed. Underwhelming yes, disappointing only if it doesnโ€™t work out. Everybody deserves a chance before being written out, specially when fans put up so long with Wenger.

The point is transfer window starting on 17th May n it will be very unprofessional n careless from the club if they want to wait out till middle of June till the World Cup starts without any apparent reason.
I'm just saying I'd be disappointed with the other managers avaliable.

And wenger is not in the equation. I personally am not going to compare the new guy with wenger for better or worse. He's gone. And once appointed he will have my full support. But id still be disappointed when there are ot her managers avaliable. Arteta will not command immediate respect from the players. Thsts just how i feel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/05/2018 17:30 by CazOnARola.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 16:55
Quote:
younghansolo
I actually think our new manager will be far less involved in transfers.

Agree with this, hopefully it will be a good thing.

Quote:
Seems that be Allegri which is great news

Would be great if it happened, but the past 10 years has made me so pessimistic about all things arsenal, that I just can't bring myself to hope.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 17:21
I expect them to screw this up by signing Arteta or Vieira. Why would anyone think Arteta should even be a choice??

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 17:42
Because he'll come cheap and do as he's told.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

PKGooner (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 20:59
The reason the club sacked Wenger is because they can no longer afford to have the empty
seats and have sponsorship deals suffer. We can't afford another 5th/6th placed finish.

So I doubt it'll be Arteta or Vieira.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 23:37
Quote:
PKGooner
The reason the club sacked Wenger is because they can no longer afford to have the empty
seats and have sponsorship deals suffer. We can't afford another 5th/6th placed finish.

So I doubt it'll be Arteta or Vieira.

You you think so, but I very expect us to sign a "rookie" manager like Arteta or Vieira.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

SandyB (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 22:59
It has also been announced that manager Joachim Low has extended his contract until 2022.

There goes Joachim Low out of probable manager list.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 23:08
Excellent. He would have been the worst choice, except maybe P. Vieira. Loew hasn't managed at club level in 15 years, and his managerial career was average, to be charitable.

kudzif01 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 23:30
Quote:
SandyB
Transfer window opens on 17 May n closes on 6th August n still the club canโ€™t find the next manager? Itโ€™s more than 3 weeks every sign they are heading towards a big fu.k up.

Arsenal is not about managers anymore but coaches.Think of Arsenal as a more high end Southampton.

Goofle (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 00:03
Gonna be Arteta. WINS FOR ME.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 00:28
Absolutely no justification for Arteta what so ever.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Bergmars (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 06:28
Quote:
Goofle
On what basis

A shadow of what we were

16 May, 2018 10:24
Quote:
Goofle

Missed opportunity for Arsenal. One chance to get a proven manager with a winning record and take Arsenal to the next level and we f@ck it up. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 13:44
Goofle just loves being controversial so spouts the alternative opinion every now and again to cause a stir. Like insisting Denilson or Cleverley are actually good players.

Same with Arteta, there is no logical reason what so ever to appoint him as manager. He has zero experience.

16 May, 2018 14:38
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Goofle just loves being controversial so spouts the alternative opinion every now and again to cause a stir. Like insisting Denilson or Cleverley are actually good players.
Same with Arteta, there is no logical reason what so ever to appoint him as manager. He has zero experience.

It is called being a 'contrarian' or another way of saying "being a rebel without a cause". [:wor kid:]

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 16:36
Yes I've got a mate like it, says BS like he didn't like Shawshank Redemption just to be different because literally every other person on planet earth thinks it's the t.its

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 05:27
Alert: Antonio Conte might be leaving Chelsea in next 48 hrs.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 08:40
Frankly I can't phantom why they are delaying the inevitable. These guys know who they want to sign but still choose the delay tactics. Are they fearing Fans meltdown?? Or are they waiting to finish the season ticket sales??? Who knows as anything is possible with these group of men.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net