football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Wayne Rooney has ...
tigerline (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 14:27
moved across the pond.

He has agreed in principle with DC United in the Major League SOCCER(!) league.

Re: Wayne Rooney has ...
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 10:22
He's just cashing out, he hasn't got the legs for the PL anymore anyway.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

younghansolo (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 14:26
I assume this was already agreed last year, he just wanted a quick homecoming. Sa y what you want about Rooney, he did always love his boyhood club and he'll no doubt be in the stands at Everton when he's done....well in a box anyway.

One of those guys, that never looked like a footballer until you put a ball at his feet and then magic happened. Euro 2004 was electric because of him. I'm convinced we'd have won it with him.

celine dion (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:21
He was sh*te at Everton if we are honest about it. In his final years he tried to reinvent himself as a deep player. It was disastrous for England in the Euros and he didnt really appear any better at Everton. Still decent on the odd long shot, set piece or a penalty but in the build up he simply didnt have the legs as stated above. Completely ponderous and not bringing anything to the team that an 19 year old reserve midfielder couldnt. I thought Everton signing him was heart over head and ultimately I was correct.

SandyB (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 23:02
Quote:
celine dion
He was sh*te at Everton if we are honest about it. In his final years he tried to reinvent himself as a deep player. It was disastrous for England in the Euros and he didnt really appear any better at Everton. Still decent on the odd long shot, set piece or a penalty but in the build up he simply didnt have the legs as stated above. Completely ponderous and not bringing anything to the team that an 19 year old reserve midfielder couldnt. I thought Everton signing him was heart over head and ultimately I was correct.
Some heart over head the other part is all these corporate style big clubs do corporate wage off load by letting go high wage earning players on free by subsidizing part of their wages in last one or two years of contract.
Anyway, all the best to him time for him to enjoy some life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net