football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Coaching!
Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 22:09
So we are finally going to have a new manager after more than two decades and more than a decade of things being stale.

This all well and good.

However a new manager alone is not enough.

What we also desperately need is new coaching staff.

Yes if sign an established/experienced manager like say Allegri, Enrique, Ancelotti, etc... then they will most likely change our backroom staff probably bring in their own coaches.

However I am not how much of an importance this will be if our next manager is an inexperienced manager like Arteta, Viera, etc...

It is very obvious that under Wenger, our players have lacked proper coaching, at least for the last 10 years, especially in defending and general game tactics.

Therefore it is vital that we also sign new coaches, episodically a GK coach and defensive coach.

Some of our players will improve quite a bit just with some solid basic coaching.

If we only get a new manager and don't change our coaches and our approach to coaching then things will continue to get worse.

So I hope that Gazidis, Josh Kroenke, Sanllehi and Mislintat know this.

Apparently we have already signed some new coaches recently so that is good sign but we need to continue to improve this, especially if a "rookie" does end up being our manager for next season.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Re: Coaching!
MattySadler (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 22:16
I'm so excited

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 22:31
A new coach will bring his own team so as long as we get Allegri, we will be fine.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 22:38
Any manager with tactical and defensive awareness will be better than has been Wenger.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

09 May, 2018 22:45
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
A new coach will bring his own team so as long as we get Allegri, we will be fine.

Yes usually but not if it is someone totally fresh like Arteta, who himself is part of a backroom staff at the moment, or if it someone like Veira whos current team in New York won't be good enough for the EPL.

So if we do sign a "rookie" manager then Gazidis, Sanllehi and Mislintat need to also hire top coaches to helpout the new manager otherwise we will be worse than now.

Guys like Gerry Peyton, Boro Primorac and even Steve Bould need to leave along with Wenger.

09 May, 2018 23:17
If Arteta is hired, we are scr@wed irrespective of who they want to retain or bring in to help the rookie coach. fyi Allegri ust won the Italian cup and are one point from winning the Scudetto with two games to play. Unless Allegri says no, the job to replace Wenger is very simple, really!!

SandyB (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 00:06
The entire Wenger coaching team need to be binned. There is no discussion on this, also I don’t think they are gonna hire Arteta. If they are going to the rookie path then they should hire a head coach n Technical Director with the entire coaching team while firing the entire useless Wenger team. Wenger’s wage itself will cover the wages of them actually they will save some money. The only issue I think all these Wenger cronies are on long term contract so they will have big pay days. Hire the Liverpool guy as head coach or the German guy from Hoffenheim n RB Leipzig guy as TD. They have quality coaching team will bring with them. Max Allegri isn’t coming so stop talking about him the unless you believe in English media hype. Other options are Ancelotti, Conte or Enrique all will come with their own coaching team n none of them will come cheap. So it’s all down to how much Kroenke wants to spend on the entire coaching team then how much he will come out for buying actual players.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 07:09
Quote:
SandyB
The entire Wenger coaching team need to be binned. There is no discussion on this, also I don’t think they are gonna hire Arteta. If they are going to the rookie path then they should hire a head coach n Technical Director with the entire coaching team while firing the entire useless Wenger team. Wenger’s wage itself will cover the wages of them actually they will save some money. The only issue I think all these Wenger cronies are on long term contract so they will have big pay days. Hire the Liverpool guy as head coach or the German guy from Hoffenheim n RB Leipzig guy as TD. They have quality coaching team will bring with them. Max Allegri isn’t coming so stop talking about him the unless you believe in English media hype. Other options are Ancelotti, Conte or Enrique all will come with their own coaching team n none of them will come cheap. So it’s all down to how much Kroenke wants to spend on the entire coaching team then how much he will come out for buying actual players.

This. And we need everyone gone including Lehmann who was hired last year. Im not even sure i want mertesacker coding the youth, who was part of the same wenger legacy, but like you said, it depends on the money.

And like you said, i dont see allegri coming. Conte would be a boost. I'm not particularly excited if it's enrique except that it would mean he's been promised more than the reported 50mn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2018 08:43 by CazOnARola.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 07:37
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
mapleleafgooner

Yes usually but not if it is someone totally fresh like Arteta, who himself is part of a backroom staff at the moment, or if it someone like Veira whos current team in New York won't be good enough for the EPL.

So if we do sign a "rookie" manager then Gazidis, Sanllehi and Mislintat need to also hire top coaches to helpout the new manager otherwise we will be worse than now.

Guys like Gerry Peyton, Boro Primorac and even Steve Bould need to leave along with Wenger.

Pretty sure I read Peyton and Primorac are off with Wenger. Not sure about Bould.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 08:02
Bould is quite simply a s.hit coach or terrified to speak up, or both.

Either way he needs to go as well.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

12 May, 2018 12:47
I read that the club would like to retain Boulds and Lehmann but not sure in what capacity.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 06:14
Maybe to sit on the bench and not say a word because that's all they have done since being appointed.

I find it baffling that one of our most famous defenders of old literally sits there in silence as goals sail in our net from school boy defending you wouldn't see in a pub team.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

tigerline (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 12:11
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Maybe to sit on the bench and not say a word because that's all they have done since being appointed.
I find it baffling that one of our most famous defenders of old literally sits there in silence as goals sail in our net from school boy defending you wouldn't see in a pub team.

Exactly right.
He is a big part of the problem.
No time for sentiment.

Get Rid.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 15:04
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
BootyDaddy

Exactly right.
He is a big part of the problem.
No time for sentiment.

Get Rid.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 14:35
[www.skysports.com]

Quote:
It is understood the new manager will be able to bring in his own backroom staff.
Also leaving with Wenger are coaches Boro Primorac, Neil Banfield, Gerry Peyton and Tony Colbert, and physio Colin Lewin.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 15:49
Ta-Ta.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:42
Colin lewin probably only got in because he was the coudin of a certain gary lewin. I will def put some blame if not all on injuries esp where players have continued playing after pulling hamstrings clearly noticeable on the ground or even television, with him going and inspecting and allowing them to continue.
And injuries like podolski where players don't warm up at all after half time only to tear something in the first sprint.

Some time last year an entire training session was shown live on arsenal.com.

You guys should have seen how stressful the warm up was. Nobody other than giroud and mertesacker were even remotely interested in even dog proper stretching exercises. Wtf is that?
And how jobless would I have had to be that day to actually watch that?

Goofle (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 00:04
So we are complaining about coaching... and also complain about potentially hiring a manager whose expertise is COACHING.

Get off your own lawn.

SandyB (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 00:22
Quote:
SuperRob
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11373200/arteta-favourite-for-arsenal-job
Quote:
It is understood the new manager will be able to bring in his own backroom staff.
Also leaving with Wenger are coaches Boro Primorac, Neil Banfield, Gerry Peyton and Tony Colbert, and physio Colin Lewin.
Na na na na..take Bould with you.

Shane (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 01:00
Quote:
Goofle
So we are complaining about coaching... and also complain about potentially hiring a manager whose expertise is COACHING.
Get off your own lawn.

I read somewhere he isn't "overly involved" in training sessions, so his only expertise is sitting on a car seat beside Pep Guardiola.

16 May, 2018 01:33
Quote:
Goofle
Get off your own lawn.

I would take Arteta as a coach at Arsenal for next season but not as a manager, or even a head coach.

Quote:
SuperRob
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11373200/arteta-favourite-for-arsenal-job
Quote:

Very good news if true. Hope Bould leaves too.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 13:47
Quote:
Goofle
Get off your own lawn.

LOL he's an expert coach is he? Says who exactly?

He barely has pubes as far as his coaching or managerial experience goes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net