football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Rumours that Klopp's assistant Zeljko is being lined up to replace Wenger, and he had taken a leave of absence from Liverpool just days before CL match with Roma
litmus (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 04:09
What do you all think?

[www.eurosport.com]

[www.skysports.com]

Rumours seem to be gaining traction.

Zejlko who?

Re: Rumours that Klopp's assistant Zeljko is being lined up to replace Wenger, and he had taken a leave of absence from Liverpool just days before CL match with Roma
SandyB (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 04:46
Possible

Re: Rumours that Klopp's assistant Zeljko is being lined up to replace Wenger, and he had taken a leave of absence from Liverpool just days before CL match with Roma
tigerline (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 11:36
The Mislintat connection from their time together at Dortmund adds to the plausibility.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 14:40
Lame.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

PKGooner (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 17:05
Nonsense

tigerline (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 17:24
Quote:
tigerline
The Mislintat connection from their time together at Dortmund adds to the plausibility.

Add in that Buvac has already worked extensively and productively with Mikhtariyan and Aubameyang at Dortmund.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 20:11
Just read that he left to take care of his dying father.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

SandyB (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 00:52
Zeljko Buvac looks like the front runner to get the job. I wouldn’t be disappointed though if I’ve to be realistic n honest. Arsenal hierarchy might be thinking a structured setup with Gazidis, Mislintat n Sanllehi n even probably appointing an experienced technical director like Ralf Rangnick to mentor the young manager n the team. Let’s see how it goes.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 05:57
There will be fan revolt. Imagine the new man getting the boos in the first game. Plus don't care for gegen pressing game.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 07:43
Uninspiring

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 09:56
I think the only job that he has right now is to arrest the slide, if we compete and come in 5th or 6th in the first season it will be fine, other teams built on their squad s they had last season whereas we roll be rebuilding so if we get more /equal to what we got this season, that's arresting the slide.

We have to think of the next manager as an interim manager cause top managers won't join a team with our budget and with no ucl next season

karsene16 (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 10:48
As long as the Manager's name is not Arsene Wenger i'm fine.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 14:13
Is it just me or should replacing Wenger be really easy (at least from our side)
allegri has won four in a row with juve, plays amazing football and is, as far as I can tell, the only truly world class option on the table?

If he isn't interested then fair enough but Inn terms of options. He's the only reasonable option for any board who has ambition.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 15:42
Latest rumor that Gazidis, Sanllehi and Mislintat still cannot agree on a replacement.

But Josh is trying to do a "McVay" and pushing for a young manager to turn Arsenal FC around.

Enough of old foggies and who will be that new and young manager with fresh ideas?

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 17:26
Quote:
younghansolo
Is it just me or should replacing Wenger be really easy (at least from our side)
allegri has won four in a row with juve, plays amazing football and is, as far as I can tell, the only truly world class option on the table?

If he isn't interested then fair enough but Inn terms of options. He's the only reasonable option for any board who has ambition.

Spot on. If he really is free for next season than it shouldn't be a question.

litmus (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 03:38
Allegri should be our next manager. Enrique wont happen as our board wouldn't get someone abrasive like he is. He has shown that he is a bit loco over the years.

SandyB (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 13:23
Folks be realistic, Max Allegri wouldn’t touch current Arsenal with even a barge pole, the team is fuc.ked the club is changing their one man show manager after 22 years. He isn’t mad to come to Arsenal at this time which needs major reconstruction. Joining Arsenal for him is now nothing better than joining Milan. This isn’t gonna happen.

07 May, 2018 20:30
Quote:
SandyB
Folks be realistic, Max Allegri wouldn’t touch current Arsenal with even a barge pole, the team is fuc.ked the club is changing their one man show manager after 22 years. He isn’t mad to come to Arsenal at this time which needs major reconstruction. Joining Arsenal for him is now nothing better than joining Milan. This isn’t gonna happen.

For Arsenal's sake, I hope u are wrong.

SandyB (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 20:43
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Quote:
SandyB

For Arsenal's sake, I hope u are wrong.

I hope so too but I watched Diego Simeone's interview before the 1st leg n when a Spanish jurno asked him if he's going to join Arsenal the way he answered that he isn't interested makes me wonder if Max Allegri's answer will be any different. Allegri is now most sought after manager n he's with Juve what makes you think that he will choose to come to Arsenal where there are so many big club offers can come if he's open to it. I think he's waiting for a Real Madrid call.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 16:25
i just read that we are in advanced talk with an ex-player. i'm guessing it's vieria.
big mistake if you ask me.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 16:42
Or there is Arteta

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

09 May, 2018 21:44
I can accept Vieira as he has experience managing a team albeit a short one. Arteta has zero experience in the hot seat and Arsenal is not the place to try out a rookie. Allegro is the only good option.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net