football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

How low would you go?
Flava (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 13:29
Who is at the bottom of your acceptable list to replace Arsene Wenger should he ever leave the club?

Rafa Benitez, Eddie Howe? How far are you willing to go for something different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/04/2018 13:42 by Flava.

Re: How low would you go?
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 14:04
Allegri is at roughly 4m pounds per year. Wenger is at about 10m pounds. Pay Allegri 7m pounds and Arsenal still save some dough while getting a battle proven manager at the highest level.

Flava (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 14:15
He’d be my choice but who is the worst manager you’d take?

SandyB (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 14:20
I can go upto Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Patrick vieira but well if we are talking about apple to apple replacement then even Arteta is good enough to replace Wenger. (Sm6)

18 April, 2018 14:37
Quote:
Flava
He’d be my choice but who is the worst manager you’d take?

Henry

younghansolo (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 14:58
To be honest. I don't want Wenger replacing for just anybody. For me it's top tier managers or an ex gunner. If not Sadly I'd rather stick with Wenger. Some managers would make it a lot worse in an already nasty atmosphere. Look at how Leeds, Newcastle fell away. That is honestly a risk to Arsenal if we continue to slide. That's why we must act now, but a big name manager these days is as much a part of the brand as anything else.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 17:34
Merl.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 18:46
Shane

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 23:05
Quote:
MattySadler
Merl.

Too archaic.
I am from the Rinus Michels' "School of "1970a Ajax Style of Team Building".

Seriously, the way Arsene Wenger is selling snake-oil to the Kroenke Family, he will preside over 1,000th game with Arsenal FC.

Arsene Wenger is an iconic figure with Arsenal Holding plc and is the global marketing figure of Arsenal FC now.

Hope is the last creature out of Pandora Box

MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 06:58
His 1000th game was four years ago mate

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 07:14
1,000th league games at 38 games per season = 26.32 or 27 seasons.

Hope is the last creature out of Pandora Box

MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 07:41
Oh okay league.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 08:32
I agree it has to be an improvement to dismiss Benitez is folly proven EPL has done a good job with limited players.Allegri is a great shout but why would he want to swap Juve for us.As for how low Dyche

A shadow of what we were

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2018 08:33 by Bergmars.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 08:45
Lowest is ancelotti. Out of work, his teams play decent football. He would snap up the chance

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 10:33
I'd sink pretty damn low if it meant getting rid of Wenger. To the point I'd even take Sean Dyche in a heartbeat at this rate.

Done a fantastic job at Burnley where they may even finish higher than us in the league ad beat usto the 6th place trophy. People may question the style of football but he's doing miracles with what he has available and we play s.hit football now anyway. At least we would have a young manager with some passion and ambition.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 12:45
The lowest we can go is to appoint that arrogant @#$%& of a Mikel Arteta.
Least we forgot, he erased all links with Arsenal FC for his social media once he joined Abu Dhabi City.

I will pick Henry, Vieira or Bergy anytime over that puta.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 14:08
I don't get all the fuss behind Arteta. He's an assistant coach and was a s.hite player, so why all of a sudden is he deemed some future Pep Guardiola?

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 15:09
I want a former player like Viera or Henry, so the players we have can respect them and relate to him.

We know a super star coach is not going to get the money needed to turn this team around, so why not give a former player/hero a chance at it.

We cant be any worse than we are now!!!

SuperRob (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 22:16
Tony pulis or Sam allardyce

20 April, 2018 00:12
Quote:
SuperRob
Tony pulis or Sam allardyce

Only if we get into a relegation battle.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net