football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Player Rating against Newcastle Merlion and Matty versions
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:34
5 - Cech. Oh boy, he should retire, slow and geriatric.
3 - Chambers. Can't defend, can't pass and really can't shot.
5 - Mustafi. Inconsistent and really need a strong partner.
5 - Holding. Decent outing.
4 - Monreal. No spark, off-form. Lightweight and should retire.

6 - Xhaka. Only creative midfielder, and got one extra point for that.
5 - Elneny. All over the place aimlessly. Reactive and no anticipation.
5 - Willock. Try hard and still raw.
6 - Iwobi. Trying to make thing happen.

5 - Lacazette. One extra point for the goal, otherwise as useful as udders on a bull.4
4 - Aubameyang. Anonymous. Perhaps thinking "WTF am I doing here?"

N/A - Welbeck. No impact.
N/A - Maitland-Niles. Shown what we were missing at right flank.
N/A - Nketiah. A cameo 5 minutes appearance

A game that exposed our vulnerable right flank with Chambers who can't pass, can't defend. Guess this is his last season with us and why we need one or two class CB who can defend.
AMN is way better as right wing-back than Chambers.

Pretty patterns with neat passes but no penetration since Iwobi, Elneny and Xhaka are not creative playmaker.

Lacazette is a big question mark and suffering from the "No. 9" Curse and I doubt very much he will fit into a mobile team that needed him to move and remain mobile all the time to create space in the box and to drag defenders out of position. He is too static and a one-dimensional striker who is superb in the box with the ball feed to his feet. Other that that, he is useless.

We need to buy a touch-tackling midfielder that can tackle, hold the ball and can pass out of defence. The team is missing this key and vital component for the entire season.
After Petit, Vieira, Gilberto and Song, Arsene Wenger failed to develop a youth player to fulfil this role in the senior team.

And of course, a new RB and LB for next season.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 16:40 by Padre Pio.

Player Ratings vs. Newcastle
MattySadler (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:36
Cech - 5. Could've done better on the first.

Chambers - 5. Good first half, missed a good chance. Ineffective second half.
Mustafi - 3. Lost his man at the front post for the second Sunday running. Shaky throughout. Only seems capable of an 8/10 performance or a (far more frequent) 3/10 performance.
Holding - 5. Better than Mustafi but still not great. Really disappointing season after his strong finish to last season.
Monreal - 4. Aimless header led to Newcastle's winner. Tried to get forward but crossing wasn't good. Poor performance.

Xhaka - 5. Passed well and put himself about, but pretty ineffective.
Elneny - 5. Ditto.
Willock - 5. Busy first half, messed up a good chance. Went missing in the second half.

Iwobi - 6. Lively first half but ineffective in the second half. End product lets him down.
Lacazette - 6. Good first half, scored and worked hard. Didn't see much of him in the second half.
Aubameyang - 6. Good first half, good assist and worked hard. Ineffective second half.

Subs:

Welbeck - 5. No impact.
Maitland-Niles - 5. Rusty.
Nketiah - N/A. Not on long.

I think its fairly obvious that nobody at the club gave a toss about this match. That was reflected in the line up and the performance.

The defence really let us down today. No Ramsey and Ozil, no party.

Re: Player Ratings vs. Newcastle
MattySadler (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:40
We are the only club in the top four English division not to earn a single point away from home.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:48
Need a whole back five in the summer.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 16:31
We lead the League in defensive errors with 31 and with errors leading to a goal with 15.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 18:22
Quote:
MattySadler
We are the only club in the top four English division not to earn a single point away from home.

What record, we need to give Wenger a new contract extension ASAP.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Bergmars (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 21:13
Quote:
MattySadler
Need a whole back five in the summer.
Absolutely and a defensive midfielder with a presence.

A shadow of what we were

Re: Player Rating against Newcastle Merlion and Matty versions
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 22:10
This.
[www.sportsmole.co.uk]

Arsenal had six players in their own half to cover three opposition men in the build-up to Matt Ritchie's winning strike, leaving former Manchester United skipper Vidic with little doubt as to where the Londoners need to improve ahead of next season.

"I think there is a lack of communication, they are watching the ball and not reacting," he told Sky Sports News.

"There are six players against three and there is no communication about who is going to go and attack the ball, who is going to cover.

It seems like in this situation, it is definitely organisation, and I can't say a lack of desire because I saw them in the first 20 minutes and they were really attacking and aggressive.

"I think communication is the key. Everyone is watching what the other player is going to do, no one is saying 'you attack, I'll go behind'.

I did that my whole career with Rio [Ferdinand], Patrice [Evra] and players I played with, we always had a communication between us.

It's wasn't just us waiting to see what was going to happen, we communicated all the time throughout the game.

"They have to defend. For me, when Arsenal get to pre-season, they don't have to think about scoring goals, they need to think about keeping a clean sheet because that is what they have to learn - to defend.

"That's the key if they want to challenge for the title because I think in the end, they will score 70 goals a season but they will concede 40.

For a team who is in the top seven who concede that many goals, I think they are doing well to be in that position."

Arsenal, beaten in all five away games since the turn of the year, are just two points better off than seventh-placed Burnley.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 06:55
Yeah doesn't take a genius to see there was absolutely no organisation on that winning goal.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 08:35
It's the old chestnut no organisation or if. they are given instructions they are ignoring them or are incapable of carrying them out.Its disgraceful how it's been allowed to continue for so long Wenger seems unable or unwilling to alter it.Changes are needed this summer but we all know it's not gonna happen.

A shadow of what we were

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net