football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Europa League S/Final draw.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:10
ARSENAL V ATLETICO MADRID

MARSEILLE V SALZBURG

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2018 11:19 by Boston Gooner.

Re: Europa League SF draw.
13 April, 2018 11:13
Ties to be played on April 26 and May 3

Re: Europa League S/Final draw.
13 April, 2018 11:18
This will be Arsenal's first ever competitive meeting with Atlético Madrid, while they progressed from their only previous European semi-final tie against Spanish opposition (Villarreal in the 2005/06 Champions League). Clash.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2018 11:19 by Boston Gooner.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:18
Do we play them at home first?

13 April, 2018 11:22
Quote:
SuperRob
Do we play them at home first?

Yes.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:35
Hell Noooooo!!! It's Diego Simmone's Atletico In The Semi's!!! My Fears Have Become A Reality. The Good Thing Is That If We Can Knock Them Out, I Can't See Whose Left To Stop Us From Winning The Europa Cup.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

SuperRob (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:44
Maybe it's better to play them in the Semi than in the final. In a one off game, especially in a final, I can't see us beating them. There's no chance they have an off day in a european final.

But I think we have more chance of getting a win at home when they will probably be playing for a draw and then maybe we can scrape a draw or a narrow defeat in the away leg.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:12
Bring it on!!

younghansolo (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:29
They're nothing special. Let's have at it

13 April, 2018 12:31
Madrid home 26th April
Man Utd away 29th April
Madrid away 3rd May.

Lol.

Goofle (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 13:07
YESSSSSS

WE ARE GONNA WIN IT

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 14:30
Toughest game to beat Atletico over two legs, chances were much better if played them in final.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 16:25
Quote:
SandyB
Toughest game to beat Atletico over two legs, chances were much better if played them in final.
This.

We got the toughest team. The only saving have is simeone is a lot more cautious than mourinho. As long as we can keep them out, ww have a good chance

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 22:31
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Madrid home 26th April
Man Utd away 29th April
Madrid away 3rd May.

Lol.

ManU 8 2 Arsenal Reserves

13 April, 2018 23:56
Arsene Wenger admits fatigue among his Arsenal squad is becoming a concern as his side approach a Europa League semi-final.

The Gunners have already played 52 games this season after reaching the Europa League semi-finals and going all the way to the Carabao Cup final before losing to Manchester City.

Wenger has shuffled his pack as much as possible in recent weeks, often prioritising the Europa League over Premier League fixtures, with Arsenal 13 points adrift of the top four.

A 2-2 draw at CSKA Moscow on Thursday night was enough to set up a Europa League semi-final clash with Atletico Madrid - at the same time adding more fixtures to Arsenal's schedule in the closing weeks.

"It is a little bit of a concern yes because, with the League Cup in the middle of the season, it is so difficult," Wenger said, when asked about fatigue.

"If you look at [Manchester] City they look a little bit like that as well, they have lost games recently and overall, fortunately next week we can recover a bit.

"I do as much [rotating] as I can but unfortunately some players have to play every game."

Jack Wilshere has played some part in the last eight games across all competitions, establishing himself in the side after a couple of injury-hit seasons and a loan spell at Bournemouth, with Wenger admitting he may be in need of a breather.

"He got a kick as well on his ankle," the Frenchman revealed after confirming Wilshere had tired during the CSKA game.

"As well, Jack is a player who makes a difference individually and I believe these kinds of players when they are tired they are more in trouble than the players who run less with the ball."

F*cking excuses coming out already. lol
And poor boy Wilshere is tired.
Nothing to do with being shite after all.

Flava (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 08:06
He played reserve teams in the Europa and League Cup, what an annoying man he is. Self preservation

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 09:47
He's played reserve teams in the league as well

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 01:54
Oh well, nice to get your excuses in early.

"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is a success.”
Henry Ford

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 12:13
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
Hell Noooooo!!! It's Diego Simmone's Atletico In The Semi's!!! My Fears Have Become A Reality. The Good Thing Is That If We Can Knock Them Out, I Can't See Whose Left To Stop Us From Winning The Europa Cup.

I thought the same thing in the league cup final when we were playing Birmingham ...

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 20:32
Atletico lost 3-0 away at Real Sociededad, today, which shows:

1) They're not unbeatable, but also...
2) They're concentrating 100% on the Europa League because they have nothing else to play for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net