football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

UEFA Cup Win u still want wenger in?
sinpa01 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 16:50
If Arsenal we win the UEFA cup!!

Do you think the board will still keep him for next year?

Does he deserve another year?

He says he staying for next year?

Re: UEFA Cup Win u still want wenger in?
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 16:55
If he wins it, a big if, for me its thank you very much, and best of luck in the future far from here

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

SandyB (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 17:23
If he wins in Russia n moves to Europa SF that will secure his stay end of this season. If he reaches Europa final but losses club will declare that he's staying at least till end of his contract, if he wins Europa they will immediately award him another 3 years extension at least. He'll roam London on an open top bus as a conqueror nevermind who wins the CL or PL.

Get some real perspective, he's going nowhere.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 17:30
He could lose every game until the end of the season and still be here next season. He's going nowhere.

Personally if he won and the Europa and then I found out he was my dad the very same day, I'd still want him gone.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 19:53
Quote:
BootyDaddy
He could lose every game until the end of the season and still be here next season. He's going nowhere.
Personally if he won and the Europa and then I found out he was my dad the very same day, I'd still want him gone.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 22:04
You all are forgetting that Arsenal FC, financially, are doing well and commercial businesses are expanding.
Plus Silent Stan is wholly focused on completing his Inglewood project by 2019.

Silent Stan will not spend 10-mil to pay off Wenger and just let sleeping dog lies and Arsene Wenger runs down his contract in summer 2019.

'If you want to be unhappy, just compare.' Chinese Proverb

'Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.' Winston Churchill

Goofle (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 00:31
Quote:
Padre Pio
If he wins it, a big if, for me its thank you very much, and best of luck in the future far from here

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 04:21
Winning the Europa will be a great send off and thank you to Wenger. We need to bring in Allegri to drive Arsenal towards the next level. Wenger has done his part and he cannot do more. Does Silent Stan and the board have the b@lls make the change?

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 07:05
If we win europa, and looking at the referees performances in all eufa matches it looks likely that we ll reach the final, he will see it the contract and probably get us fourth place next season.

He has been experimenting through out the campaign with stupid formations that he can't coach till we crashed out of every single competition except europa and finally switched to system that at least suits the offense.

I willing to bet that we will magically avoid atheletico in the draw and the other semi finalist might even dump atheletico out with a little help from dubious decisions /bizarre injuries to athletico players.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 08:39
Will be here next season whatever happens.

Shane (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 09:53
Normally I'd say winning a trophy on that scale should buy the manager another season in charge, but in Wenger's case, he has had too many chances, too many get-out-of-jail free cards, only to wind up there three months down the road.

He's football's OJ Simpson.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 13:38
If we win the cup, he will see out his contract, not good for the club of course

younghansolo (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 16:15
I think he will still be here.

However if he wins it, I cannot think of a better time for him to leave gracefully. He would have finally won a European trophy at Arsenal and delivered us back into the CL...in France no less.

I really don't see him going though.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 16:27
Who gives a s.hit really about the Europa league? We are 30 points behind the league leaders FFS. 30!

Winning the Europa league to sneak back into the CL via the back door, to then just get knocked out in the last 16 again, does not change the fact that Wenger has done a p*ss poor job for more years than I care to remember.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Shane (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 18:17
I think it's his last season. I'd put money on it if I could. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an announcement made to coincide with the renewal date for season tickets in May or whenever it usually is.

I mean, it's really, really significant that fans are staying away even after we've broken our transfer record twice in the space of a year. That tells me that signing big-name players no longer appeases supporters in the way it once did at Arsenal and it's time that the suits adopt a new way in which to coax the fans back.

The best and only way to excite fans now is by ushering in a new era and, sadly for Wenger, that means he'll have to move aside, whether he likes it or not.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 18:57
Shane, you are a good fan, and I hope you are right, but the fact you are prepared to put money on it makes it less likely.
I do believe they wont give him another contract, but they are craven enough to let him limp along for another year

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 19:22
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Who gives a s.hit really about the Europa league? We are 30 points behind the league leaders FFS. 30!
Winning the Europa league to sneak back into the CL via the back door, to then just get knocked out in the last 16 again, does not change the fact that Wenger has done a p*ss poor job for more years than I care to remember.
That doesn't mean winning the europa league is useless.

Its not the FA cup. Winning it would still be our only European trophy for a long time. He should go. But by no means is winning europa going to be a cake walk

Shane (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 19:31
Quote:
Padre Pio
Shane, you are a good fan, and I hope you are right, but the fact you are prepared to put money on it makes it less likely.
I do believe they wont give him another contract, but they are craven enough to let him limp along for another year

I called the Arsenal side of that now-infamous bet right mate. I said from day one I needed slip-ups, and they haven't come, but the part I predicted was bang-on to be fair.

I'm not as confident with Wenger's future, but I know when something adds up and this, to me, makes sense.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 23:24
Quote:
Padre Pio

Not craven ... but money saving as they got to pay 10-mil to get rid of Wenger.
Why waste money when Wenger is still in control to reduce expenditures.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 03:07
Mel they will lose more money with wenger in charge. Fans will start revolting by October if we continue the play this way on the league. This is of course asking we reach the final of europa.

If we lose in the semis, u will see fans revolt before even the ball has kicked off next year

Shane (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 18:39
Quote:
Shane
I think it's his last season. I'd put money on it if I could. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an announcement made to coincide with the renewal date for season tickets in May or whenever it usually is.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 19:32
Quote:
Shane
Quote:
Shane
Well done

Shane (IP Logged)
21 April, 2018 14:55
Thanks mate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net