football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Burnley two points behind Arsenal
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 10:47
Just saying
(Gunners play game in hand at 2:15 today)

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Re: Burnley two points behind Arsenal
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 10:49
They are our level nowadays.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

younghansolo (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 11:32
To be fair. Burnley have been an absolute joy to watch this season and fully deserve to be where they are. They've played better than a lot of big teams.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 12:04
Surely we can't be beaten to the 6th place trophy by Burnley?

We are just the 33 points behind City as well, but like Wenger says we're in great shape as a club and never had it so good. It's crazy to think otherwise.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Bergmars (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 13:00
Says it all this is where we are now mid table

A shadow of what we were

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 14:33
Cech and Mustafi 2 @#$%& who should be put on the scrapheap!!

Bergmars (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 14:36
It's shameful as for Iwobi I give up

A shadow of what we were

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 14:39
Iwobi, Welbeck and now Mustafi are pitiful.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 14:41
Iwobi is the worst footballer I have seen a regular for Arsenal in quite awhile. That's saying something as well considering he plays in the same team as the like of Welbeck, Elneny and Xhaka (amongst quite a few others).

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 14:45
lol

Shane (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 14:53
Quote:
Bergmars

Mid table is short for 'middle of the table' as you no doubt know. It's not a term used for every team outside the top four.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 16:12
Sorry we are absolutely brilliant well in your world anyway.

A shadow of what we were

Bergmars (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 16:15
Are you a returning Eduardo

A shadow of what we were

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 16:31
Iwobi had potentials but the partying and selfie addiction coupled with Wenger failing to discipline him has lead his decline.

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/2017-09-26_12.35.41.jpg

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 18:41
What a difference a few hours makes.
Its back to 5 points

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Shane (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 18:59
Quote:
Bergmars

No I just think context is important mate. Maybe it's not important on an internet forum, and maybe I was wrong to pull you up for just venting a bit of frustration, which is your right.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 19:27
Quote:
Shane
Quote:
Bergmars

Mid table is short for 'middle of the table' as you no doubt know. It's not a term used for every team outside the top four.
Perhaps it’s shorthand for the middle being all the teams between the top 4 and bottom 3.
After all it is a sort of no mans land

Bergmars (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 20:20
Sorry Shane it was tongue on cheek you talk sense I just get very frustrated silly really

A shadow of what we were

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 21:40
Quote:
Bergmars

Certainly as bad. (Sm22)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

djarse (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 22:23
We might overtake Chelski now and get 5th - just three points behind them and they are on a poor run of form (losing 3 of their last 5 games)

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 22:32
Wenger claimed he will be ruthless in the summer if we failed to qualify for CL Cup.

Then he should start by taking out his clean slate and start his team-building all over again.

Arsenal Team Mark 1.0 - 1996/97 to 2005/06 - French Spine with Fab-4
Arsenal Team Mark 2.0 - 2006/07 to 2009/10 - Era of Midget Midfielders
Arsenal Team Mark 3.0 - 2006/07 to 2012/13 - Era of Brit Pack
Arsenal Team Mark 4.0 - 2013/14 to 2016/17 - Era of Ozil-Alexis Glactico
Arsenal Team Mark 5.0 - 2017/18 to 2021/22 - Rebuilding with End of Arsene Wenger Era?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
Abraham Lincoln

Shane (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 22:36
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
Bergmars

Certainly as bad. (Sm22)

We've won six in a row, and you'll find that I very publicly and very confidently predicted the run we're on, back when the prospect of winning one game seemed impossible, let alone six in succession.

I'm not special but to paraphrase a quote I've often used, I simply kept my head when everyone else was losing theirs.

Okay the top four bet might not work out, but you can't argue that so far I wasn't absolutely spot on about what I said and wrote about Arsenal, so I take offence when I'm compared to someone who was a bit delusional, someone who claimed officials conspired to damage Arsenal's form, someone who went out of his way to find something positive to say, hence the nickname Edgenda.

You do me a disservice really mate.

SandyB (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 00:54
More like DeTimes rather than Eduardo, obviously DeTimes is smarter he used to wind up people. (Sm6)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net