football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Is Ramsey goal in top five Arsenal great goals
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 14:54
Ive been watching Ramsey goal on a loop, I dont think I ever seen a better finish.
Yes there are lots of curlers, bananas,scorpions, bicycle, rocket volleys etc. But this is different, he is completely in the air, he has back to the shot, he catches it with back of foot, its not a shot, not a tap in, its a lob. And he seems to know its going in almost as soon as he touches it.
Its an incredible goal, perhaps only one behind Bergkamp magic at Newcastle.
I cant tire of looking at it. I have never seen that goal before. At last something new, and I was sitting opposite it.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Re: Is Ramsey goal in top five Arsenal great goals
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 15:05
Eduardo's goal against Burnley with the outside of his left foot wasn't too shabby as well.

Goofle (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 16:29
Great goal by a great player. When top players score top goals it always makes them better, because you know it's not a fluke.

His goal against Galatasaray was better though.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 17:07
RVP At Charlton was a cracker and Bergy scored some greats

A shadow of what we were

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 20:32
Quote:
Goofle
Great goal by a great player. When top players score top goals it always makes them better, because you know it's not a fluke.
His goal against Galatasaray was better though.

Great player lol!

dvno (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 21:46
Seriously not even close.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 April, 2018 07:54
Ramsey is one of the best box to box midfielder of his generat8ion in terms of talenr. His pbm is his fitness. If he remains fit for 40 games, he is bound to have that season again that he had 3 years back

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2018 12:58 by CazOnARola.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
07 April, 2018 08:05
That Galatasaray goal was out of this world. Sanogo's reaction to it as well.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
07 April, 2018 10:31
Quote:
MattySadler

It was a great goal, but I have seen it a hundred times by a hundred different players.
Every season, the premiership sees half a dozen or more of these rocket shots,player a long way out, facing the goal, using the front of their foot, but as exceptional as they are I have seen them again and again.
This was almost unique, I dont remember an Arsenal player scoring one before and its more difficult than the rocket shot facing goal whilst on the ground. Ramsey was in the air, both feet in the air and he was watching the ball all the way.
He couldnt smash through the ball, he had to get a touch that would just clear the keeper but fall again in time to miss the crossbar. The keeper was in his way.
The rocket shot takes the keeper by surprise, as long as its on target speed is all its needs, speed to take the keeper unawares, to give him no chance of reaching the ball, or blocking the player.
Ramsey's goal this time was spotted by the keeper, it felt like he could get in the way, most players would have fluffed it, there is no space, no comfort zone. The keeper is confident he can put the striker off, then he has to watch as he realises he has been tricked by beautiful areobatics and wonderful use of the back of the boot, by a player not looking directly at goal, not using front of boot, and not a foot on the ground, but close to him, oh so close.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
07 April, 2018 12:59
It was unique and masterfully done, you're right.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 April, 2018 15:28
It was def one of the most unique goals scored by sn arsenal player under wenger.. Giroud s scorpion was also very different and delightful

SandyB (IP Logged)
07 April, 2018 18:23
Discussing a goal without a picture is meaningless, can someone put a video.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 22:25
Quote:
Padre Pio
Quote:
MattySadler

It was a great goal, but I have seen it a hundred times by a hundred different players.
Every season, the premiership sees half a dozen or more of these rocket shots,player a long way out, facing the goal, using the front of their foot, but as exceptional as they are I have seen them again and again.
This was almost unique, I dont remember an Arsenal player scoring one before and its more difficult than the rocket shot facing goal whilst on the ground. Ramsey was in the air, both feet in the air and he was watching the ball all the way.
He couldnt smash through the ball, he had to get a touch that would just clear the keeper but fall again in time to miss the crossbar. The keeper was in his way.
The rocket shot takes the keeper by surprise, as long as its on target speed is all its needs, speed to take the keeper unawares, to give him no chance of reaching the ball, or blocking the player.
Ramsey's goal this time was spotted by the keeper, it felt like he could get in the way, most players would have fluffed it, there is no space, no comfort zone. The keeper is confident he can put the striker off, then he has to watch as he realises he has been tricked by beautiful areobatics and wonderful use of the back of the boot, by a player not looking directly at goal, not using front of boot, and not a foot on the ground, but close to him, oh so close.

A great goal that I still recalling.
The other great goal is that Bergy's at Newcastle.

And a dim memory for all those "öne-touch one-pass breathe-taking" goals by French Spine with just 5 or less touches in counter-attacking from our box and then scored at the other end.

And many more from Freddy running in from the blind-side and rammed home the ball from a very tight angle between goalie and near post.

And yes, I consider Ramsey's goal amongst the Top-5 with Giroud's scorpion kick and Bergy Newcastle goal the greatest of all.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 22:47
Jack's goal after a flurry of 1-2's and backflicks is argubly the best team goal. Was that against Norwich?

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 03:02
Yep Norwich. A similar goal by rosicky as well

MattySadler (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 10:30
My favourite team goal has always been that Pirès one at Spurs when we won the league.

weedz (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 00:39
Quote:
Bergmars
RVP At Charlton was a cracker and Bergy scored some greats

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net