football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Ox
Bergmars (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 20:08
Scores in CL he's with a club who actually want to win.

A shadow of what we were

Re: Ox
Bergmars (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 20:11
Amazing what proper coaching does

A shadow of what we were

PKGooner (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 20:13
Great goal tonight but to be honest he's been for them just like what he was for us.

One good game every 6-7.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 20:28
Looks a better player with them but any decent manager would improve all our players

A shadow of what we were

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 21:30
Just a great goal, he is playing inspired and in a position he wants to play.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 21:51
He may well win the trophy. Liverpool at home in Europe are umbeatable. But what they did to the city bus before the game was utterly disgusting

Bergmars (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 21:56
No Liverpool fans do no wrong can't be them

A shadow of what we were

SuperRob (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 22:32
Ox is clearly better suited to Klopp's direct style of play than our crab football.

There's no doubt he's doing better for them than he ever did for us and I think he'll keep improving.

SandyB (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 00:37
Didn’t watch the game but where is shano?? (Sm6)

Shane (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 01:27
Quote:
SuperRob
Ox is clearly better suited to Klopp's direct style of play than our crab football.
There's no doubt he's doing better for them than he ever did for us and I think he'll keep improving.

He won't keep improving mate. In fact, he's not even improving. It's one great big lie that Arsenal fans tell themselves every few months - in other words, every time Oxlade-Chamberlain posts a superb performance - because we will happily endorse and support anything which makes the club and Wenger look a bit stupid, even if it makes absolutely no sense.

We absolutely have a vested interest in this bloke's career; not because he's ex-Arsenal and it's great to see former players do well, but because he can prove beyond doubt that Wenger is an incompotent arrsehole. Wenger and his methods would look really, really bad if Klopp transformed Oxlade-Chamberlain, but has he? Clearly not.

He hasn't started more than three games in a row since January. In fact, he has only started FIVE games in all competitions since Liverpool went out of the FA Cup in January. Most of his appearances this season have literally come from the bench, but you're going to tell me he's a much better player even though Wijnaldum benches him most weeks?

He's still a horribly inconsistent player capable of truly brilliant performances, just like he was at Arsenal. Difference is, we view his special performances very differently when, really, it's all the same. He was no better against Man City tonight than he was in the Fa Cup semi-final against them last year.

SandyB (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 03:53
Fuc.king hell AKBs will be AKBs.. the guy’s going to play in Champion’s league semi final n all you talk about Wenger n FA Cup (Sm22)

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 06:04
Klopps style will suit athletic players. It's not even a question. Whether ox has improved his game or not is out of the question. If he went to play for Guardiola, he will have the same issues he faced at arsenal. He really doesn't have the best decision making abilities and touches. He is all power and pace.and that's the most imp quality in geigen pressing.
He will be more effective for klopp than most other managers.

Klopp's style of play has only two pbms. Soft tissue injuries and teams that sit deep and play on the counter bypassing their front 4 players. Like Leicester do with mahrez-vardy, that will trouble klopp teams

Bergmars (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 06:35
My point was that actually planning and give players a role it makes them look better if people would rather bury their head in the sand so be it.
Wenger is running the club into the ground and that's plain.

A shadow of what we were

MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 07:34
Quote:
PKGooner
Great goal tonight but to be honest he's been for them just like what he was for us.
One good game every 6-7.

Spot on.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 10:03
Quote:
Bergmars
My point was that actually planning and give players a role it makes them look better if people would rather bury their head in the sand so be it.
Thats spot on and had happened far too often at the detriment of the player. Not everyone wants to be the best right back in the world. They would rather be an average CM as they enjoy playing in their preferred position. And you never know sometimes they step up and actually improve.

Changing positions doesn't work with everyone and he has over used that plan. Bielik absolutely ruined because we never had reserve CBs

Bergmars (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 11:01
Seeing how he glosses over obvious faults including the half empty stadium it is apparent he has narcistic tendencies.Either that or he really is a stubborn fool who gives no thought to the consequences. Either way he has to go.

A shadow of what we were

Shane (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 14:32
Quote:
Bergmars

Who's burying their head in the sand mate? Not me. You'd think Arsenal fans could recognise a recurring series of identical events when they see it. How does a fanbase who popularised the term 'Groundhog Day' in a football context not understand that Oxlade-Chamberlain is the very embodiment of something on an endless loop? It's the same storyline over and over again. How does nobody see this? There's five stages and it goes something like this:

1) Brilliant performance which Arsenal fans interpret as cold-hard evidence of his improvement at Liverpool
2) Inevitable come down after the high of last week, a subdued performance which goes unnoticed by Arsenal fans
3) Further subdued displays leading to being dropped from the first XI, which also goes unnoticed by Arsenal fans
4) Promising 15-minute cameo which earns praise from a pundit, which in turn puts him back on Arsenal fans' radar
5) Brilliant performance which Arsenal fans interpret as cold-hard evidence of his improvement at Liverpool.

That is the cycle.

hahanice (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 14:56
he's been pretty good this year on the whole. his poor performances have come on nights when the team as a whole underperformed. he is playing much more consistently there than he was here, and is doing well. he was never going to play every minute of every game. they have a deep squad which is very talented, and Klopp likes to rotate. To say he is not very good because he isn't starting every game is silly. Mane is isn't even starting every week.

we have kept a ton of dross at the club, and let some major talent go

Shane (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 15:52
No, Mane is starting every week and that's because he's a massive player for them mate. You're in denial to be fair, but so are a lot of other Arsenal fans because they love the idea of Oxlade-Chamberlain being way better at Liverpool, and that's because it would serve as a terrible reflection on Wenger. And we will push any agenda that makes Wenger look bad, even disregarding the facts to do so.

What are the facts? Oxlade-Chamberlain didn't play a minute in either game against Porto in the last round. Oxlade-Chamberlain has played 436 minutes of Premier League football since their win over Manchester City in January - Van Dijk, Salah, Mane, Karius, Firmino and Robertson have all played at least 720 of a possible 810 minutes since that game. He has played 55 minutes more than Elneny over the past nine Premier League games.

The reason he's been getting the minutes of a squad player - James Milner, at 32, has literally played more football than him this season by the way - is because he is a squad player for them, and he will continue to be unless he finds a degree of consistency and only then can we say Klopp has improved him because that's where Wenger failed!

SandyB (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 16:15
Oxlade-Chamberlain is Liverpool legend in making n it's a shame that due toa fuc.king impotent manager at Arsenal he couldn't reach his potential. Sad!! (Sm6)

hahanice (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 17:02
im not really sure how to track minutes, not sure i care enough to do so. but milner has played in 27 matches. mane in 24. ox in 29. with his injury record maybe his manager is deciding not to burn him out... something unheard of here but maybe thats taken into consideration?

sorry found minutes. hes played more minutes than milner including the 3 games with arsenal.
hasnt played as many as mane. maybe he hasn't been fit? hard to say really since i don't follow liverpool but to say he isnt doing well makes no sense.

he is obviously important enough if he is starting a Champions league QF

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 17:21
Its not even about if he is important /first.

He has scored two big goals against city, the second one potentially putting them in a CL semi final.

I think he has scored a few goals for us and has played well in patches, similar to Liverpool. But i dont remember that kind of an impact in an imp game like that.

Like he played well against bayern and had that mazy run.

But like in the ratings, we all give extra marks for a goal. And that goal is worth almost 2 goals in a normal game.

So will not say that he had beem some sort of a revelation thsts, but u certainly feel he has made a bigger impact than he did for us over a season. On their fan base as well.

Of course overall he hasn't fared too differently in terms of consistency . But two big games against supposed best team in England. My only memories of a big game performance are with the handball against chelsea, goal against Tottenham and that mazy bayern run.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2018 17:26 by CazOnARola.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 18:19
Ox is far more productive now than when he was with us

A shadow of what we were

celine dion (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 20:39
Shanes argument would be a lot more convincing if he was only being picked for their less important matches and not, you know, Champions league quarter finals and stuff.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 21:00
He's been a big part of taking City apart twice now

A shadow of what we were

Shane (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 22:13
Quote:
hahanice
im not really sure how to track minutes, not sure i care enough to do so. but milner has played in 27 matches. mane in 24. ox in 29. with his injury record maybe his manager is deciding not to burn him out... something unheard of here but maybe thats taken into consideration?
sorry found minutes. hes played more minutes than milner including the 3 games with arsenal.
hasnt played as many as mane. maybe he hasn't been fit? hard to say really since i don't follow liverpool but to say he isnt doing well makes no sense.

He's been fit all season. He just hasn't been good enough to keep his place every week. It's literally that simple. The numbers I provided are bang-on.

Quote:
celine dion
Shanes argument would be a lot more convincing if he was only being picked for their less important matches and not, you know, Champions league quarter finals and stuff.

My argument couldn't be any more convincing mate.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 22:42
Look we don't agree on this I take your points

A shadow of what we were

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 23:45
He still lacks the ability to use his brains while playing but he has improved while playing for Liverpool while he was getting worse with us.

My thinking though

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 21:19
I bet Ox is really questioning his decision to leave us and join Klopp at Liverpool.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

SandyB (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 21:36
The bigger one is Roma beating Barca 3-0 at home n reaching SF though..incredible. This year could be a Liverpool vs Roma final.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 21:53
Can't see past Real Madrid winning it.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a realistic chance though. In Wenger's 22 years we have made one final ... but he is the messiah don't be fooled otherwise.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 22:20
OX is still inconsistent and like all new players, his 2nd season with Liverpool will determine whether he is a dud or a diamond.

The key is that he does not have a football brain and decision-making skills were woeful at Arsenal, i.e. "cross when he should shoot, and shoot when he should have cross".

'If you want to be unhappy, just compare.' Chinese Proverb

'Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.' Winston Churchill

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 22:54
For the first time I can admit that OX never put in that performance for us, especially away from home.

He is improving.

SandyB (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 22:57
Oxlade is now a completely different player. I started pity Coutinho it was a wrong mid season move, Ox took the opportunity very well.

sinpa01 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 23:01
yes he did much suited in the middle... All the best to him!

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 23:47
CM was always Ox's best position. I remember the Milan game when he first played there and he absolutely run the show. Probably his best performance for us, so what did Wenger do ... put him back on the wing and eventually wing back. (Sm164)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net