football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Anelka's 28 goals for Arsenal:
PKGooner (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 11:04
[www.youtube.com]

Some very nice goals in there. Good watch.

Re: Anelka's 28 goals for Arsenal:
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 18:20
Le Sulk was quite a striker.

Goofle (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 18:35
Watch my video instead.

Disgraceful PK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/03/2018 18:35 by Goofle.

Shane (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 19:22
Tom has just reminded us as to how inappropriate his choice of song is for these YouTube compilations. I suspect if I were to visit his YouTube channel I'd find a Schindlers List video with Uptown Funk synced over it.

Goofle (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 19:46
I would never degrade such a great song.

Shane (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 22:12
Yes it's great, but I suspect you prefer the didgeridoo version or some sh*t.

weedz (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 00:27
Unfortunatly some footballers have awful mind-sets, outside their talents on the football field and statements like ' I won't have to chase after Skud-missile passes from Bergkamp, Viera and co anymore' upon leaving Arsenal, as the thoughts of a petulant child, in their mentality.

He broke onto the world stage at our club. He was given the chance as an 18 yr old, to become a star and only repaid that debt at a financial level.
Unprofessionally, he rubbished our club upon leaving for Madrid, when there was no need to.

I only admire his scoring abilities and nothing else, so he can never be great in my mind. And that's a shame because he played and scored for us.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 07:07
Great player

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 07:46
He could have been a legend if he wasn't a c.unt.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 10:17
Tom's video wont down load, PKs was fine.
When is the final volume the Headers of Anelka coming out?

Joking apart, he was the greatest scorer of one on ones I have ever seen.
He was young, to me he looks depressed, and had two awful brothers advising him, and all they wanted was money, bit like Wenger really

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 12:28
Quote:
Shane
Tom has just reminded us as to how inappropriate his choice of song is for these YouTube compilations. I suspect if I were to visit his YouTube channel I'd find a Schindlers List video with Uptown Funk synced over it.

Was there a 'song' in there?

younghansolo (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 15:47
His Brother was the bigger @#$%&. Anelka was just an idiot used by his talentless brother to make money.

What a player he was though. in 1998 he was literally all the goals for us in what was otherwise a very defensive season.

Goofle (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 16:27
Anelka at Chelsea was better to be fair. He could have developed into a world beater, but he did improve quite a bit technically over the years.

litmus (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 11:48
Anelka had everything in his locker to be one of the best in the world. Its really a shame.
Its history now, and even Wenger said he regretted Anelka leaving as he wanted to pair Henry and Anelka together. What a strike partnership that would have been. With Bergkamp in the number 10 role supplying them, it would have been a frightening forward line.

Totally a shame that he couldn't settle. But he was always a loner, and at that age losing your way, it can happen. He was a kid really.

Even the magnificiently prolific Jardel who was much older than Anelka when he broke thru lost his way. They became the poster boys for unfulfilled potential.

Lewis_198four (IP Logged)
30 March, 2018 22:15
Anelka didn't have a choice in that Madrid move that was all wenger the transfer fee paid for the training ground.
He was good though, I remember the games against utd.

AFC
RULE!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net