football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Tuchel
Shane (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 10:51
There's been a lot of chatter in recent days that he'll replace Wenger this summer, especially with Lothar Mattheus revealing that we're in talks with him.

Looks like we're going the 'let's build a dynasty' route and it'll fail spectacularly. Ancelotti and Simeone would've been too obvious. We have to go for the cheap but promising manager whose CV looks like a stamp.

Re: Tuchel
Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 11:35
You’ve been horrifically wrong with so many things the past few months that if you think he will fail then Tuchel is almost certain to succeed.

I like him, personally.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 11:50
Didn't Mislintat and him have a fall out ?

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

SuperRob (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 11:51
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Didn't Mislintat and him have a fall out ?
Yes

Shane (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 12:44
Quote:
Gunners R Us
You’ve been horrifically wrong with so many things the past few months

Like what, the Champions League bet? If you'd like to re-visit that thread mate you'll see several instances of where I was 100% spot on, be it through logic or other Arsenal-related bets.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 12:58
Tuchel will be a poor choice but not unexpected. Tuchel is Klopp-lite and has no winning record. Allegri is the ideal choice for Arsenal as he knows how to build Arsenal up from the back ala Graham. So f$king obvious.

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 14:39
Tuchel was the manager of Mainz, which is basically Southampton.

Then he was manager of Dortmund for 2 years. In his 2nd season he won the German Cup then sacked 3 days later for falling out with the board.

So I don't get this 'he has no winning record' debate. In his 2nd season at a club where it's expected to challenge for trophies he won one.

Also worth bearing in mind in his first season he lost out to bayern munich in the final, in penalties.

Regarding Allegri, we could've got him last season but they gave wenger a new deal. That's now done.

We have missed out on so many class, forward thinking managers the past few years and i fear we will miss out again if we don't get Tuchel.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 15:16
Think I'd rather have weng....never mind.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 17:34
The first manager after Wenger is probably going to be a disaster anyway, so it doesn't really matter if it isn't the ideal person. It's not like we can get much worse than 6th in the league.

25 March, 2018 18:19
@GRU.....1 cup win is not a winning record. Allegri won 1 Series A with AC, 3 consecutive double with Juventus and twice CL finalist. Now that is a winning record.

Flava (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 22:19
Quote:
SuperRob
The first manager after Wenger is probably going to be a disaster anyway, so it doesn't really matter if it isn't the ideal person. It's not like we can get much worse than 6th in the league.

Wenger is setting the bar so low now anyone who comes in will look like a genius

weedz (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 23:36
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Tuchel will be a poor choice but not unexpected. Tuchel is Klopp-lite and has no winning record. Allegri is the ideal choice for Arsenal as he knows how to build Arsenal up from the back ala Graham. So f$king obvious.

Back to the GG era. That'll be good, won't it?

weedz (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 00:01
Whist I reckon that Thomas Tuchel wouldn't be a poor choice, I'd prefer Carlo Anchelotti because, as a manager, he has worked for Reggiana, Parma, Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, and has won domestic titles in Italy, England, France, Spain, and Germany.

He's a winner.

Didn't he attend our hosting of AC Milan? Hopefully he attended to checkout what he needs to do to get our club back into the silver-ware market.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2018 00:28 by weedz.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 07:50
Why do people think Allegri would want to come to us? He has a great team and is p.issing all over the Italian opposition.

He would be inheriting a s.hit team and an owner who doesn't give two f.ucks as long as h turns a profit.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

younghansolo (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 10:19
I can think of 9million reasons

26 March, 2018 12:27
Quote:
weedz
Quote:
mapleleafgooner

Back to the GG era. That'll be good, won't it?

From a defensive perspective only. I expect Allegri to be tactically better and offensively stronger than GG and Wenger.

weedz (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 20:23
Sky sports are reporting that there has been no contact between Afc and Tuchel. Soundz like he will take over at Bayern M.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 23:02
He wasn't going to come Arsenal.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 03:22
Agents plant stories to get better financial deals for their clients and of course newspapers make up click bait articles to use the frustrated arsenal fan base. It's nothing new

Flava (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 07:06
Every man and his dog will want to manage Arsenal.

litmus (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 07:29
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Why do people think Allegri would want to come to us? He has a great team and is p.issing all over the Italian opposition.
He would be inheriting a s.hit team and an owner who doesn't give two f.ucks as long as h turns a profit.

Allegri was open to the Arsenal job before, so why not? Every successful manager is always wanting to test himself out in different leagues, to challenge himself. I am sure even Simeone would consider it. There is not many better testing ground than Arsenal for managers. A big club in perpetual crisis for many years. Any manager confident enough in himself would want to have the glory of being the man to do bring a club like Arsenal back to the top, challenging for titles.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 08:56
One reason is generally enough. Pound sterling. Can test the resolve of most. City dropped the idea of signing sanchez and he went to united to play for boringho.

Again aterling pound at work

Shane (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 19:35
Quote:
Gunners R Us
Tuchel was the manager of Mainz, which is basically Southampton.
Then he was manager of Dortmund for 2 years. In his 2nd season he won the German Cup then sacked 3 days later for falling out with the board.

So I don't get this 'he has no winning record' debate. In his 2nd season at a club where it's expected to challenge for trophies he won one.

Also worth bearing in mind in his first season he lost out to bayern munich in the final, in penalties.

Regarding Allegri, we could've got him last season but they gave wenger a new deal. That's now done.

We have missed out on so many class, forward thinking managers the past few years and i fear we will miss out again if we don't get Tuchel.

His CV is dwarved by Villas-Boas when he arrived in England, so winning the DFB-Pokal doesn't mean anything I'm afraid. It's impossible for any one club in the modern landscape of English football to dominate year after year and although it looks like Manchester City will, they definitely will not.

That's why it makes absolutely no sense to make a long-term appointment and get some wet-behind-the-ears manager who might be brilliant in three or four years, with the logic that he can build a dynasty. It's a nice concept but at the same time it's complete fantasy in England.

We already know that because we've seen our rivals try and fail miserably with this approach, which is why Klopp, Mourinho, Conte and Guardiola are now at England's biggest clubs.

It's a f*cking sin if we overlook someone like Ancelotti for Tuchel or anyone else who will be appointed based on potential, not what they've achieved.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
28 March, 2018 02:22
Agreed. Building a team expecting a manager to keep his job for 5+ years in not feasible in the current era.

Same goes for players. The pressures and demands are to great compared to 2000s and every team has been needing fresh management ideas every 3-4 years.

Is be very surprised if Guardiola remains Manager for 4 more years

Bergmars (IP Logged)
29 March, 2018 06:07
Quote:
Flava
Every man and his dog will want to manage Arsenal.

We already have the dog.

A shadow of what we were

goonerred (IP Logged)
29 March, 2018 12:59
Quote:
SuperRob
I was going to post the same thing. It will be hard for any manger who takes over,the media will be all over it and comparing him to Wenger and Arsenal to the Wenger years. Look at United now, a few managers later Fergie is in the past.
Shh, we can get worse than 6th.

SandyB (IP Logged)
29 March, 2018 14:33
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
SuperRob
I was going to post the same thing. It will be hard for any manger who takes over,the media will be all over it and comparing him to Wenger and Arsenal to the Wenger years. Look at United now, a few managers later Fergie is in the past.
Man United was in different situation when Ferguson left, they were winning back to back titles n stuff like that. Compared to Ferguson n do even better job was kinda mission impossible. What's there to actually compare to Wenger era, winning few FA cups in recent time? Wenger has set the bar extremely low n he's still setting it even lower longer he stays, not even a problem to surpass Wenger within few season whoever takes over. Almost any half decent manager can achieve what Wenger achieves. Getting worst than 6th is only possible due to the fact if n when Wenger atall leaves he'll definitely leave the team in such a fuc.ked state that any half decent manager need to put a lot of efforts n money to bring it back to some shape. The man is called dinosaur for a reason, he builds the team in his image around him.

goonerred (IP Logged)
29 March, 2018 15:02
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
SuperRob
Man United was in different situation when Ferguson left, they were winning back to back titles n stuff like that. Compared to Ferguson n do even better job was kinda mission impossible. What's there to actually compare to Wenger era, winning few FA cups in recent time? Wenger has set the bar extremely low n he's still setting it even lower longer he stays, not even a problem to surpass Wenger within few season whoever takes over. Almost any half decent manager can achieve what Wenger achieves. Getting worst than 6th is only possible due to the fact if n when Wenger atall leaves he'll definitely leave the team in such a fuc.ked state that any half decent manager need to put a lot of efforts n money to bring it back to some shape. The man is called dinosaur for a reason, he builds the team in his image around him.
It doesn't matter, they'll still compare, they won't be able to help themselves. Wenger has been there so long.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
31 March, 2018 03:16
So what your are saying is that the pain is set to continue for a few years after he leaves. Which is fair. It is likely to happen

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
31 March, 2018 03:57
Thomas Tuchel set to replace Unai Emery at PSG, according to L'Equipe and other French media outlets.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
31 March, 2018 12:34
Makes total sense. Unai emery failed in Europe. Tuchel's European pedigree is exactly what they need.

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
01 April, 2018 14:21
Yet he's not good enough for us? You see the dross that's on the pitch.

This forum is laughable these days.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
01 April, 2018 16:23
I'd take Emery then

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net