football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

What Gary Neville told Lee Dixon when Arsenal signed Mustafi in 2016.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 23:09
Neville managed Mustafi during his time as Valencia manager and told Dixon in 2016 that he "couldn't believe" Arsenal spent £35 million on him.

Furthermore, Neville said Valencia once "couldn't give away" the 25-year-old - that's how bad he was for the Spanish club.

Says it all really. Dixon was speaking as a guest at the Arsenal Supporters' Trust AGM on Monday night, where he also said: "Mustafi... don't get me started on him."

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Re: What Gary Neville told Lee Dixon when Arsenal signed Mustafi in 2016.
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 00:06
Yes I was there and Dixon was not complimentary about Bellerin either. He sees him as a major cause if Lacazettes failure

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 01:52
Not to different to what i physically feel about mustafi. He hasn't had one game where he didn't make stupid mistakes in my opinion. They just aren't exposed in every single match because not every mistake is published every game.

It just must goes to its title to use terms like, "world cup winner" as s measure of individual success. Even if klose started every single game for Germany in the wc, it didn't mean we should sign him.

One of the biggest reasons for wengers failure is its failure to kick out his back room staff long back.

Rice, rowley, bould, the physio, physio's son. All stayed far too long then they should have

MattySadler (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 07:35
Funny I saw this last night and found it interesting. Just for the sake of balance, here is Neville speaking about Mustafi in November 2016...

Quote:
Gary Neville
Mustafi has got an incredible amount of natural ability and talent, good physical capability and I think with age and maturity he will grow into being a fantastic defender,” he told Metro.

He’s got all the attributes you would want. I think that ultimately it will help him playing along Koscielny who has got experience there playing at Arsenal. I think he’s got all the makings of it.

Defenders will mature with age and I think he will get better and better.
Squawka

Make of that what you will.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 11:27
To be honest, Gary Neville knows a lot about playing as a right back but his spell at Valencia shows he knows @#$%& all about other players and how to tell if they're any good or not.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 15:28
Quote:
younghansolo
To be honest, Gary Neville knows a lot about playing as a right back but his spell at Valencia shows he knows @#$%& all about other players and how to tell if they're any good or not.
Yes it's astounding after his abject failure he is still willing to pontificate.

Under new managment

Bergmars (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 15:38
Quote:
younghansolo
Yes it's astounding after his abject failure he is still willing to pontificate.

Under new managment

Bergmars (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 15:55
Quote:
younghansolo

Under new managment

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net