football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Player Ratings vs. Man City
MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 21:57
Seems pointless doing this now but...

Cech - 5. Twice prevented Aguero from making it 4-0 with good saves, but could've done better with City's first.

Bellerin - 3. Genuinely never seen him get the better of Sane. Poor.
Mustafi - 4. Improvement on Sunday but still not nowhere near good enough.
Koscielny - 4. Sluggish, poor positioning. Seen nothing recently to suggest he isn't finished at the top level.
Kolasinac - 2. Slow, unfit, absolutely no quality or finesse in possession.

Xhaka - 5. Passing okay. Better than on Sunday but again, still not good enough.
Ramsey - 6. Only positive, particularly in the first half. Playing for a move away?

Mkhitaryan - 5. Started well but drifted out of the game.
Ozil - 3. If I was a cynic I'd say he's been poor since he signed his new deal, but I'm not a cynic... Anonymous today.
Welbeck - 4. Worked hard and pressed high but got nothing out of Kompany.

Aubameyang - 3. Hardly had a touch and then his penalty was poor. The same thing that happened with Lacazette has happened with Aubameyang, which makes you question whether its them or the way we play.

In our defence we at least attempted to respond today. Not that it's saying much, we were better than on Sunday. We looked good for the first 10 minutes of the second half, but quickly found ourselves 3-0 down after 35 minutes, and looked good for the first 10 minutes of the second half, but missed our big opportunity from the penalty spot. Unfortunately City are simply better than us in every area

No subs, no tactical changes, given up? The players have turned, most of the fans have turned and most of the board have turned. The end of Wenger is near.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 09:19 by Padre Pio.

Re: Player Ratings vs. Man City
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 22:00
The end of Wenger is near?
He had dig his own grave and it is time to lower him into it.

"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is a success.”
Henry Ford

MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 22:04
Genuine question, what's the worst that could happen if they sacked him tonight?

Cashelgunner (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 22:10
Finishing 6th is as bad and good as it’ll get. Boring

MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 22:13
Wenger taking ages to come out of the dressing room...

MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 22:24
Wenger on whether he can turn things around -

"Yes of course (I have confidence in myself). The confidence comes from the fact I have done it before."

Flava (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 23:19
He’s mental

Imagine if he’s here next season, we could finish 8th
N

weedz (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 02:26
Quote:
MattySadler
Genuine question, what's the worst that could happen if they sacked him tonight?

Arsenal Board appoint the 3rd manager of the season, Fat-Sam, to steer us away from relegation (Sm101)

Genuine question, can Afc remain competitive with self-sustain policy?

MattySadler (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 07:43
Quote:
weedz
Quote:
MattySadler

Arsenal Board appoint the 3rd manager of the season, Fat-Sam, to steer us away from relegation (Sm101)

Genuine question, can Afc remain competitive with self-sustain policy?

Depends who you want us to remain competitive with mate, because at the moment, the way I see it at least, we've got the top five > a big gap > us > a gap > the rest of the Premiership.

Remember when Leicester won the league and the rest of the top six, apart from us and Tottenham, all changed managers? Well the rest of the top six have all improved, and we've gone the other way.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 08:03
Ozil def doesn't look interested after the contract and I'm a huge fan otherwise and was calling for an extension.

We weren't very different from our best performances this season, city just were at a different level in their forward play.

Defensively and CM wise, we matched and could have scored but again our passing accuracy and movement isn't at the same level as them.

Wenger will def leave end of this season. He will be sacked like when he was at Monaco.

We need 3/4 years of rebuilding before we can become top 4. And if all require 200mn pounds or a very good scouting network

MattySadler (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 08:15
I thought our press was decent for the most part but City are just that good they can pass and move around us and make it look easy.

What a player Leroy Sane is. Every time I see him play he's class. I don't think I've ever seen him lose a foot race. He has a great mix of running/ dribbling with the ball and movement without it. If he can become more of a goal threat...

younghansolo (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 10:07
We were 100 times better than against City in the league cup. However, we were wasteful in front of goal, poor in defence. And importantly, City were clinical. They look like Barcelona used to, fitter than everyone else. Back when there were rumours of Barcelona blood doping their players.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 10:10
also worth saying that City have lost once in the league all season. We were never going to beat them. Never.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 10:32
The performance was pathetic, again.

As soon as there's the slightest hint of adversity we roll over and get our bellies tickled. Nobody stands up to be counted, zero fight or leadership, c.rap players, even worse manager, it's a f.ucking joke.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

SuperRob (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:23
Official attendance - 58,000

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 16:47
Quote:
SuperRob
Official attendance - 58,000

Reason why Wenger is still here.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

weedz (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 19:59
58000 seats sold.Estimated at under 30000 in attendance, but the weather played a huge part of that. In saying this, we were hosting the best team in the country.

To the locals, how cold was it? I noticed a few flakes of snow towards the end of the game, but the players looked comfortable enough. Was it as bad as you fellas have felt?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 21:40 by weedz.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 20:42
A friend of mine intended to go, but his road got snowed in and couldn’t get out to main road. Others had the problem of cancelled trains, I could have got there but didn’t fancy sitting in a -6 temperature watching us get beat, not my idea of fun, nor did a friend of mine. Not sure I would have attended even if we were playing well as just recovering from flu. So I think it was a mixture of reasons, but keep in mind that a train of commuters heading out of London were trapped for 15 hours in freezing conditions. I am sure if weather had been better crowd might have been another 15k plus

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

weedz (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 21:44
All quiet at your favourite greasy-spoon then? (Sm24)

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 01:09
It must have been quiet, beacuse of the three regulars amongst my mates who go to the cafe, none showed up.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net