football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

This is his last season
Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 18:23
We have to make sure it his last season he has proven he will not leave of his own accord so we must now squeeze him out of the club I can't for the life if me believe we are just going to let him mug us off for another year no way @#$%& that if your putting money into the club your part of the problem if your arguing with other arsenal fans and not protesting to the club your part of the problem.

Enough is enough.

Re: This is his last season
younghansolo (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 18:24
I think it probably will be tbh

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 18:30
Quote:
younghansolo
I think it probably will be tbh

That's the thing WE have to take out the probably and force the issue enough is enough I don't trust him with any money or team tactics I don't trust him with anything to do with football he is clearly passed it we have a dinosaur as a manager while everyone else is moving with the times and pace of the game on and off the pitch in all aspects we are behind everyone we are trying to compete with.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 18:37
I agree with you but I'm not actually sure anything will happen unless the board really want it to. And by that I mean until the club is losing money by him being here. Protesting walking out of games is grand. But there's too many who will keep paying to watch this @#$%&

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 18:47
A full blown revolt is all it will take to get rid off this caricature of a man.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 19:18
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
A full blown revolt is all it will take to get rid off this caricature of a man.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 19:39
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
AJ The Gunner

That's what's I'm talking about

holzini (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 20:37
bring out the banners again.
Mobilise all the fans that , for whatever reason, still support this regime.
The more we are , the more the media will pay attention.
The more attention this protest gets, more likely we will lose revenue ----> and thats what makes this old cowboy move and hopefully sack wenger.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 21:01
Quote:
Big Guhnz
We have to make sure it his last season he has proven he will not leave of his own accord so we must now squeeze him out of the club I can't for the life if me believe we are just going to let him mug us off for another year no way @#$%& that if your putting money into the club your part of the problem if your arguing with other arsenal fans and not protesting to the club your part of the problem.
Enough is enough.

You sure you lots have the "Arsenal Fan Power" to organise public demonstrations, turned Emirates into a toxic atmosphere to get rid of Arsene Wenger now?

[www.gunnerstown.com]

David O’Leary mentions in his book there were cliques formed in the dressing room. The players were no longer giving 100%. We then got knocked out the League Cup at home by Walsall, which really turned the fans against Terry Neill, the atmosphere in the stadium was toxic and we were 16th in the table, then lost at home to WBA 1-0. There were angry demonstrations by the supporters outside the ground afterwards. The fans wanted Neill out. Neill had just signed Tommy Caton, who must have wondered what he’d let himself in for. We then lost 3-1 away at West Ham and on the 16th of December 1983 the club did the inevitable and sacked Terry Neill.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 21:08
Well he says he honours his contracts and I can't see anyone sacking him

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 21:18
The Sky Sports commentator let rip at Granit Xhaka, Mesut Ozil and Aaron Ramsey for WALKING with Arsenal 2-0 down against Manchester City.

Shortly after the extraordinary outburst City scored a third and it sent Neville into a full-on rant at Arsene Wenger's men.

He fumed: "Look at Ramsey walking, he's walking. Xhaka's walking. Mesut Ozil is walking.
"Don't walk at Wembley. Don't walk on a football pitch. It's impossible. Run.

"Look at Xhaka and Ramsey walking back, they are central midfield players.

"Forget Arsenal, I'll come into them in a minute as they're a disgrace.
"A minute before that goal I mentioned the walking of the Arsenal payers and the retreating runs of Ramsey and Xhaka.

"They are an absolute disgrace they are, walking on a football pitch at Wembley, giving up. Spineless.

"This is a dark, dark day. The team have just not shown up.
"There's nothing I've liked about this Arsenal performance - not one single thing."

[www.express.co.uk]

It meant that the players had stopped playing for him.
And he said he will leave when he lost the dressing room and can't improved the team to the next level.
Plus he is not leaving a strong foundation for the next manager to take over.

Want to get rid of Arsene Wenger in the summer. Easy.

#1 - create a toxic atmosphere at Emirates during match-day. It will scare sponsors and advertisers away who do not wish to associate their products with a loser.

#2 - hound Arsene Wenger at away games ... or better still, refuse to travel to away game.

#3 - start leaving Emirates in the 22nd minute as a protest against Arsene Wenger regime.

#3 - boycott all 2018/19 Arsenal products and block entry to Armoury with public demonstrations there.

'In the end the most satisfying solution is the one where you have cleared everything away and there is no solution at all any more, at the same time, the problem has been solved. That's the nicest way of doing it.'
Brilliant Orange [2010]

Bergmars (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 21:38
He needs to go NOW

A shadow of what we were

MattySadler (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 21:44
Last season was bad, finishing below Spurs/ finishing outside of the top four. Maybe its me being naive but I expected some kind of response. I never envisaged this season could be as bad, maybe even worse.

Particularly since the start of this year though, we've just been so awful. We've only won 4 times this year and some of the sides we've lost to are seriously bad. Today was embarrassing.

We play bad football, we're laughable defensively, the players are under-performing and generally don't look too bothered about it. We're miles off the rest of the "big six".

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 21:52
Quote:
We're miles off the rest of the "big six"

And a few below that.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

25 February, 2018 22:17
http://i67.tinypic.com/ezok5d.jpg

weedz (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 01:31
Quote:
MattySadler
Last season was bad, finishing below Spurs/ finishing outside of the top four. Maybe its me being naive but I expected some kind of response. I never envisaged this season could be as bad, maybe even worse.
Particularly since the start of this year though, we've just been so awful. We've only won 4 times this year and some of the sides we've lost to are seriously bad. Today was embarrassing.
D
We play bad football, we're laughable defensively, the players are under-performing and generally don't look too bothered about it. We're miles off the rest of the "big six".

I agree with all of this. Our form this year is as bad as I've seen in 50+yrs of being a fan. This team does play better than the Terry Neil team of the early 80s, and I quantify this by saying the Neil teams are the only ones I've seen, live, but the overall standard of football has improved hugely and on that front we're playing no better than the teams I watched at Highbury.
And it's going to get worst I suspect. New management, an over-haul of senior players, Cech, Mertz, Koz, Nacho and Santi are all 'past best date'. That's the best part of defensive squad and our owner and the board have deep pockets but short arms, so hence my negative feelings.
On a positive note I must pay some homage to our club for updating the back-room/scouting network, but that's about all that's positive about being a Gooner ATM.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 07:15
Yes squad management has been abysmal as well. Important components of the squad all aging/ past their best and soooooooooo many players all out of contract in a short space of time.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 07:57
Six defeats in two months...

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 08:32
Quote:
Merlion96
The Sky Sports commentator let rip at Granit Xhaka, Mesut Ozil and Aaron Ramsey for WALKING with Arsenal 2-0 down against Manchester City.
Shortly after the extraordinary outburst City scored a third and it sent Neville into a full-on rant at Arsene Wenger's men.

He fumed: "Look at Ramsey walking, he's walking. Xhaka's walking. Mesut Ozil is walking.
"Don't walk at Wembley. Don't walk on a football pitch. It's impossible. Run.

"Look at Xhaka and Ramsey walking back, they are central midfield players.

"Forget Arsenal, I'll come into them in a minute as they're a disgrace.
"A minute before that goal I mentioned the walking of the Arsenal payers and the retreating runs of Ramsey and Xhaka.

"They are an absolute disgrace they are, walking on a football pitch at Wembley, giving up. Spineless.

"This is a dark, dark day. The team have just not shown up.
"There's nothing I've liked about this Arsenal performance - not one single thing."

[www.express.co.uk]

It meant that the players had stopped playing for him.
And he said he will leave when he lost the dressing room and can't improved the team to the next level.
Plus he is not leaving a strong foundation for the next manager to take over.

Want to get rid of Arsene Wenger in the summer. Easy.

#1 - create a toxic atmosphere at Emirates during match-day. It will scare sponsors and advertisers away who do not wish to associate their products with a loser.

#2 - hound Arsene Wenger at away games ... or better still, refuse to travel to away game.

#3 - start leaving Emirates in the 22nd minute as a protest against Arsene Wenger regime.

#3 - boycott all 2018/19 Arsenal products and block entry to Armoury with public demonstrations there.

This

MattySadler (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 08:52
Wenger may not have "lost the dressing room" in that a number of the players like having an easy ride and probably like him in that sense, but he clearly can't motivate them now, and if you can't motivate players to turn up in a cup final you'll never be able to.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 10:32
Not going to defend Wenger in the slightest because all of this is his own making.

However in regards to the rant by Neville. He's way off the mark imo. Ramsey was walking because anyone could see he'd blown up. He wasn't fit and should not have played. We could have used the industry of welbeck instead.
Xhaka and Ozil never sprint anywhere, It's not a motivational issue. It's an attitude issue. Xhaka in particular should not be playing at all. I'd happily take Alex Song (who's available on a free) over him.

The number one player I do blame for their own behaviour however is Koscielny. It barely even registered with me that he was playing he was so poor. He's a @#$%& captain.
There's one player who should have been captain and that's Jack Wilshere. I love that he got booked for slow clapping the ref. I love he was trying to get Fernandinho sent off. He wanted to win and was angry. None of the other players looked the slightest bit angry or embarrassed.

Wilshere was the same against spurs too.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 22:35
Bloke on Twitter who, so far, has been absolutely spot on with all his rumours etc, is saying that Wenger will be sacked if we don't make the Champions League.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 22:41
Number of candidates being considered as replacements including Arteta.

26 February, 2018 22:43
Quote:
MattySadler

(Sm22)

djarse (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 22:53
Ian Wright has finally lost patience too:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I heard the interview live and it was interesting that he also referred to instances recently when players were allegedly phoning in sick for training and staff having to get them out of bed to go training - really it seems the corruption has spread down through the whole of the club.....

26 February, 2018 22:58
Quote:
MattySadler

Thierry Henry Bringing back the Arsenal legend would excite the fans but be a huge gamble

Leonardo Jardim Took Monaco to their first championship in 17 years with thrilling football

Paulo 
Fonseca Portuguese has impressed with Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League

Joachim 
Low Won the World Cup with Germany, but may fancy a change after 12 years

Carlo Ancelotti Highly experienced Italian has been out of work since Bayern Munich sacked him

Brendan Rodgers Former Liverpool manager’s stock has risen with his success at Celtic

Mikel Arteta Former Arsenal midfielder is learning his craft with Pep Guardiola

26 February, 2018 23:12
If Brendan Rodgers gets the job, tell my family and friends that I loved them all.

26 February, 2018 23:17
Quote:
MattySadler
Wenger may not have "lost the dressing room" in that a number of the players like having an easy ride and probably like him in that sense, but he clearly can't motivate them now, and if you can't motivate players to turn up in a cup final you'll never be able to.

exactly

MattySadler (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 07:50
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
MattySadler

Thierry Henry Bringing back the Arsenal legend would excite the fans but be a huge gamble

Leonardo Jardim Took Monaco to their first championship in 17 years with thrilling football

Paulo 
Fonseca Portuguese has impressed with Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League

Joachim 
Low Won the World Cup with Germany, but may fancy a change after 12 years

Carlo Ancelotti Highly experienced Italian has been out of work since Bayern Munich sacked him

Brendan Rodgers Former Liverpool manager’s stock has risen with his success at Celtic

Mikel Arteta Former Arsenal midfielder is learning his craft with Pep Guardiola

At this point I'd take every single one of those plus thousands and thousands more, over Wenger.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 08:00
Vieira has done well for New York so far...

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 12:41
Be realistic folks, this is World Cup year, Wenger will run his mouth about stars of world football on French TV, a fired Wenger before World Cup not gonna happen.

Shane (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 12:58
It would be the most Arsenal thing ever if we hire a someone who isn't a manager to be our next manager.

Fortunately I don't think Arteta or Henry will be in the picture, because Wenger will without a doubt have a say and I don't think even he's that thick to tip - let's face it - absolute nobodies in the managerial stakes.

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 14:48
Thierry Henry will be twice the manager Arsene Wenger could ever be on his first day of managerial career. The only problem of such move are AKBs most of the AKBs have heard about football, Arsenal n Arsene Wenger on same breath. That's a serious issue, these folks lived in a cocoon in parallel universe since they were born, they will go bonkers the day new manager losses his first game but don't worry years of Wenger's treachery n deception has created a small but battle hardened fanbase over a long period, that's the core real Arsenal all season fanbase n they will standby the new manager kicking the asses of AKBs at least for next 2 to 3 years. That's sufficient time to stabilize the club n bring it to a new direction. Henry will do a Zidane at Arsenal.

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 15:14
Any new manager will be a breathe of fresh air, no matter who it is. I hate to say even Brendan Rogers will be welcome, a good choice no way. I personally want Henry, call me an idiot, but he was my favorite player and would be fun to see him run this club. He obviously loves it and will try his hardest to turn it around with or without Wenger's help. Why bring in Ancelloti, just makes no sense to me, we are a project to any manager. Lowe makes the most sense with all the German influence in the club today. I can not stand the attitude of the players we have now and we need someone to change it, they know that Wenger has no guts to call them out or even bench players like Xhaka or Mustafi, Wenger is to loyal to players and it works when you are winning, but hard to change when it all falls apart like now.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 17:33
Lowe for me. Not Henry for me.

27 February, 2018 19:48
Diego Simeone
Leonardo Jardim
Massimiliano Allegri
Maurizio Sarri

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 23:49
Quote:
MattySadler

Let's hope it's wind up

Allegri would be my number one choice go all out and get him in

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/02/2018 23:52 by Big Guhnz.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 12:09
Theirry Henry. Give us someone who actually cares about the club.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 15:43
You may as well go Viera or Bergkamp on that basis because even though they aren't exactly experienced, they have bags more than Henry at the moment.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 04:13
Quote:
younghansolo
Theirry Henry. Give us someone who actually cares about the club.
Not if he was advising sanchez to leave.

Lets not very emotional. Get the best man for the job, if it doesn't work out, sack them.

Henry would likely get more time and it will be more difficult to ask Henry than a job arsenal manager.

The criteria needs to comprehend and sky sports punditry is not a qualification to be a manager.

Lets not compare with Zidane. He was a lot more involved with real before he making manner, he was already identifying players etc etc and driving signings (i forget if he was director of football or not right now).

Henry has no experience with any aspect of football management.

Please get someone who already has experience and pedigree. No arteta please. We cannot be someone's first break. He has to have managed a football club.

As others have stated, try and entice the jardims, simeones, allegris etc

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 21:50
Wenger has sucked all footballing life out of the club

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 21:57
Who is the best man to salvage this team should Wenger be sacked in the morning?

Arsenal fans should continue to stay away to force Silent Stan to take action to protect his wallet since new sponsors and advertisers will demand a rebate now or walk away to another spanking new stadium in North London.

'In the end the most satisfying solution is the one where you have cleared everything away and there is no solution at all any more, at the same time, the problem has been solved. That's the nicest way of doing it.'
Brilliant Orange [2010]

SandyB (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 22:02
Even no manager or Josh Kroenke could be better manager than Wenger. The dinosaur is beyond liability.

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 22:07
Why on earth would any good manager want to come here, seriously?

There is very little chance of our club getting back on top again for years to come, with these toxic players in this team.

Watch a handful of them star in the World Cup and we are all wondering why
not play that way for Arsenal.

There has to be a handful of players that are destroying this club, just cant figure out who they are.

Wenger takes most of the blame, but really who are they?

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 08:05
Our team is average because Wenger has made it that way. We have players like Xhaka, Welbeck and Iwobi playing to name just a few and there is only one deluded moron who made this dire team.

The players are competing at the current teams level, hence why we will finish sixth at best. The table doesn't lie.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net