football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Eriksen
SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 22:54
Younger, and much better than Özil (his stats don't lie)

I remember the year Fabregas left, we could have got him from Ajax for 15 ml, instead we went for Gervinho lol

Re: Eriksen
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 02:30
I think a similar story to modric being too "light weight" for PL

MattySadler (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 07:39
Yeah I remember him playing against England in a friendly around that time and I was blown away by him, two years later he joins Spurs.

Think he can be inconsistent in the league but when he's good he's good. Set pieces can be a mixed bag though.

On the subject of Spurs, I'm jealous of how good they are physically. Streets ahead of us.

Flava (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 08:16
Good point about their physicality mate. Also, they are a much better team when Dembtle plays. We need to find someone who knots our midfield together

SandyB (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 12:43
Watched the game, Juve throw away 2 goals lead trying to be too tactical as well as I think never expected Spuds to play like a league game. Still confident they will do Italian hit job @Wembley, don’t think Spuds have the experience to deal with 2 away goal advantage.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 15:18
From an Arsenal p.o.v., I'd much rather have a powerhouse like Demebele in the middle of the park than a luxury player like Eriksen, who's similar in style to Ozil and Mikhi.

Re: Juventus, and I speak as a Juventino, they just couldn't keep up with the intensity and speed of Spurs. The age difference was a big factor. And they also missed the energy in midfield of Matuidi. As for Buffon, what can you say? It was already obvious during the 2014 WC that he was well past it... Sczezny would NEVER have conceded those 2 goals.

SandyB (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 18:49
Blasting the penalty was a disgrace, should have buried the game there..

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 22:14
Not much Buffon could do about the 1st. Szczesny would get himself sent off hacking Kane as far as we can imagine. Or he is more mature now and wouldn't do that... i don't know.

It's a disgrace though that we sold him as he said that he would be happy to learn from Cech when he came... Now the latter is almost geriatric and we have Olive f.ckin Oyl as our backup.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 22:24
I did say we should sign Dembele when he was at Fulham.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 22:41
Were you right again by chance?

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 22:54
Yep as usual!

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 22:57

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 23:13
LOL saying he's as good as Yaya Toure ... he isn't

Saying he's better than Diaby ... isn't difficult.

Surely we're not claiming an I told you so there?

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

younghansolo (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 16:07
Quote:
BootyDaddy
LOL saying he's as good as Yaya Toure ... he isn't
Saying he's better than Diaby ... isn't difficult.

Surely we're not claiming an I told you so there?

Also why feel the need to say I told you so? What are you, 8?

Goofle (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 23:56
Better than Coutinho

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 15:03
Quote:
Goofle
Better than Coutinho
Coutinho better defensively/pressing and shooting though. Not sure if he will ever reach the heights he reached under klopp. Him passing for barca is one sanchez parking for barca. It won't last long

SandyB (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 16:03
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
Goofle
Better than Coutinho
Coutinho better defensively/pressing and shooting though. Not sure if he will ever reach the heights he reached under klopp. Him passing for barca is one sanchez parking for barca. It won't last long
LOL, do you guys watch Barca?

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 10:06
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
Goofle
Better than Coutinho
Yes. You can watch highlights as well if you want.

Most of the chances that he is involved in would be either him creating space for himself or receiving in a good position.

Most of barca s chances involving 3/4 player moves (team moves), its messi/suarez/iniesta /roberto/alba.

Thsts cause coutinho is a bit like sanchez (better than sanchez of course). Klopps way of creating chances leaves a lot of room for individual flair than barca

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 14:33
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
Goofle
Better than Coutinho

Most of the chances that he is involved in would be either him creating space for himself or receiving in a good position.

Most of barca s chances involving 3/4 player moves (team moves), its messi/suarez/iniesta /roberto/alba.

Thsts cause coutinho is a bit like sanchez (better than sanchez of course). Klopps way of creating chances leaves a lot of room for individual flair than barca

What actually, I meant is although they signed Coutinho this season but as he isn't eligible to play in CL they have no plan to fit him in this season n no plan to change the 4-4-2 they play, Coutinho is playing as bit part player in place of Initesta but not replacing him through middle in Iniesta's role rather whenever he plays in some league game as sub Messi switches with him while Coutinho playing mostly through right n sometimes left. Next season when Barca comes up with a different plan most probably with very different formation that's a different ball game altogether. No he isn't anywhere close to Sanchez who's great player on his own rights n Eriksen who's nothing player on his own right... lol.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 13:39
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
Goofle
Better than Coutinho

What actually, I meant is although they signed Coutinho this season but as he isn't eligible to play in CL they have no plan to fit him in this season n no plan to change the 4-4-2 they play, Coutinho is playing as bit part player in place of Initesta but not replacing him through middle in Iniesta's role rather whenever he plays in some league game as sub Messi switches with him while Coutinho playing mostly through right n sometimes left. Next season when Barca comes up with a different plan most probably with very different formation that's a different ball game altogether. No he isn't anywhere close to Sanchez who's great player on his own rights n Eriksen who's nothing player on his own right... lol.
I would take coutinnho over sanchez any day. He's not going to pull up any trees at united this dragon and will probably rob ball time off the likes of pogba and mata

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net