football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Team News & Spurs Match Thread
MattySadler (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 11:45
Going Shrewsbury Plymouth today, watching the game at a pub.

Wilshire and Elneny in for Iwobi and Ramsey.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 15:13 by Padre Pio.

Re: Team News & Spurs Match Thread
Kalela (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 12:46
Who is the alternative to Héctor Bellerín? Defensively he is a major weakness.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

Flava (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 13:26
Quote:
Kalela
Who is the alternative to Héctor Bellerín? Defensively he is a major weakness.

Did you see that first half?

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 13:40
Ozil and Mhiki should really switch flanks

Kalela (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 13:52
Wilshere and Xhaka should have gone off instead. Wilshere has been useless in this game.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:00
What a f.ckin horror show.

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:05
Xhaka and Wilshere are useless. We dont have any midfield. Kościelny and Mustafi are frightening. And we bring Alex feckin Iwobi to save us. My god...

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:09
Why dont we try maitland niles in cm ffs!? He cant be worse than xhaka can he!?

Kalela (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:13
Iwobi can't even move with the ball. The guy was most effective as a striker in the youth teams which was the reason he got promoted to the first team. Why is he playing in midfield?

younghansolo (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:23
Poor gameplay.

But... Have to say the game was changed by that horrific call by the lineman early on. We would have been one up easily and it's a different game then.

Also worth saying that at the end the free kick was a handball and the wall was nowhere near ten yards.

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:28
Saw it again and Kane headed the ball to be honest..

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:28
Again Iwobi and Xhaka are not quality players, what they do to be in the team is what?

Who is going to head the ball for Spurs, lets see Kane, so why not mark him?

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:31
We should have scored before anyway.

Early offside call was wrong though. Exactly the same as Kane's. Auba was flagged Kane wasn't. Just sayin...

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:32
First half not to bad.
2nd half Spurs stepped it up and we was terrible.
Overrun and should have lost by 4 or 5.

Iwobi and Lacazette where terrible when they came on as subs.

We really are a mediocre team.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

younghansolo (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:34
We have to play our two biggest midfielders to make up for the fact that we don't have a single DM in the squad now.

No wonder we were overrun.

litmus (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:59
Ozil was poor. He was complaining about everyone else but himself today and definitely looked like he didn't want to be there today. Expected more of him after signing that big contract with a big fat pay rise. Didnt deserve it based on the showing.

We simply crumbled in the second half.

Strangely enough, we could have easily gotten a draw.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 15:05
Agreed. I know ppl i have said things about ozil before, but i dont think he has played like this before.

Thsts was no energy and off the ball movement. Nothing like he normally plays.

Of course it applies to almost everyone in the team. I haven't seen a more toothless display in a long long time.

Like a team thsts playing for nothing. Even considering the league position, it's a derby ffs.

In past we have defended badly and failed to create chances, but here they weren't even trying.

Even in the 94 min the amount of time it takes mustafi to put the ball into the opposition box is ridiculous. They weren't even trying after the 30th min of the game.

It was okayish till the middle of the first half and then suddenly the entire team just stopped running till the final whistle.

Disgraceful performance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2018 16:44 by CazOnARola.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 15:07
Not sure why Welbeck wasn’t on sooner tbh. I can’t get over how terrible Iwobi is. He is completely stealing a living

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 15:27
It's alright for you lot enjoying a feast of Wenger ball when I've got to get up
at 5:15 tomorrow just to see the Sun Rise in Agra over some old tomb

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

hahanice (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 15:51
This is why I wanted nothing to do with ozil staying here. With all we are paying in we could have brought in someone new, new energy and ideas like Miki and auba.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 15:52
Can't take any positives from that, whereas Plymouth is very good.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 16:10
Rickshaw ride in Delhi was more exciting

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 18:42
Completely out-performed and could've been worse if it wasn't for Cech.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 19:35
They didn't have to out perform either. Football is about running more than anything else first. I know mindless running doesn't help but if you are just going to be so static and not create an any angles to recieve, might as well not play.

We beat a side that was losing line is today 10-0 last week.

Me and my brother were talking about the same thing about how it feels to play against a team that plays like that.

Tottenham didn't have to get out of 2nd gear, last 30 min absolutely useless and we have been useless in the last 30 for a long time now irrespective of whether we are winning or losing

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 00:04
Quote:
Padre Pio
It's alright for you lot enjoying a feast of Wenger ball when I've got to get up

Watch out for the giant rats in Agra!

Taj Mahal is majestic.

Flava (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 13:11
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
Padre Pio

Taj Mahal is majestic.

I’ve always fancied the Taj Mahal, looks amazing

Flava (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 13:12
Quote:
MattySadler
Can't take any positives from that, whereas Plymouth is very good.

Delete the second part of that post you tw.at

MattySadler (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:37
Green Arrrrmy

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 23:12
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
Padre Pio

Taj Mahal is majestic.

You'd love India mate, you should try to go one day, just don't take Shane with you 😂

MattySadler (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 07:06
So apparently we've lost as many away league games this season as we did between August 2001 and January 2005, wow...

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 09:38
Quote:
MattySadler
So apparently we've lost as many away league games this season as we did between August 2001 and January 2005, wow...

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/shocked/open-mouth-surprised-smiley-emoticon.png

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

DPGZ (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 13:20
Not sure about that mate...he created a chance on a plate for lacazzette, more than ozil, auba, or miki did all game.

he made mistakes like every other player so am nt sure why you single him out.

Shane (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 18:54
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
Padre Pio

Taj Mahal is majestic.

You'd love India mate, you should try to go one day, just don't take Shane with you 😂

Flava has a four-year travel ban after customs at San Francisco found a can of Sure up his arrse, and then pretended he thought deodorant qualified as contraband when really he just forgot it was up there.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 13:51
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
Padre Pio

Taj Mahal is majestic.

I really love Jaisalmar and camping out at Thar Desert.

'Most owners take out of the club and Vichai just put in. Without him, we would not have won the Premier League. It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing.' Danny Barry, a Leicester City fan for 64 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net