football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Player Ratings vs. Everton
MattySadler (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 19:38
Cech - 7. Did well putting Niasse off (injuring himself in the process) but otherwise had nothing to do before going off.

Bellerin - 7.5. Superb in the first half as he got forward well. Okay second half.
Mustafi - 7. Good flick on for Koscielny's goal. Made a number of good defensive actions but didn't look comfortable a few times.
Koscielny - 7. Solid without being overly worked, and scored the second.
Monreal - 7. Had a good first half. Unlucky not to score as he hit the bar. Went off injured at half time.

Ramsey - 9. Disciplined when he had to be but also got into dangerous positions. Unreal engine. Scored a hat trick. Third goal was a great finish.
Xhaka - 7. Much improved, on and off the ball. Solid and efficient.
Iwobi - 7.5. Again, much improved. Excellent first half where he was heavily involved in everything we did. Okay second half but had some one or two clumsy moments. Worked hard.

Mkhitaryan - 9. Star of the first half. Good movement, used the ball well, strong defensive effort. Hat trick of assists.
Aubameyang - 7. Quiet for the most part but was involved in the opening goal and took his goal well.
Ozil - 8. Our main man clearly enjoyed the greater movement he had to work with.

Subs:

Kolasinac - 5. Outjumped for Everton's consolation.
Ospina - 5. Nothing to do.
Wilshere - 5. Didn't have much time to get into the game.

Its nice to feel positive about the Arsenal eh?

Reminded me of the Palace game a few weeks ago - great first half against a poor opposition followed by a bit of a flat second half.

Happy to see Xhaka and Iwobi playing better. Really excited about Mkhitaryan.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2018 12:48 by Padre Pio.

Re: Player Ratings vs. Everton
hahanice (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 20:08
Motm was Mkhitaryan for me. 3 assists. The build up for the first goal was unreal. Ball in to auba, which he spreads out to a runner perfectly. Brilliant team play

MattySadler (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 20:10
Yeah he was my MOTM as well. He was excellent.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 20:12
Cech - 7. Did well putting Niasse off (injuring himself in the process) but otherwise had nothing to do before going off.

Bellerin -5 I don't like him. He is a speedster but that's about it. He isn't good at all defending.
Mustafi - 7. Good flick on for Koscielny's goal. Made a number of good defensive actions but didn't look comfortable a few times.
Koscielny - 7. Solid without being overly worked, and scored the second. He has improved in the last weeks. Is not easy to play with a chronic problem.
Monreal - 7. Had a good first half. Unlucky not to score as he hit the bar. Went off injured at half time.

Ramsey - 9. Disciplined when he had to be but also got into dangerous positions. Unreal engine. Scored a hat trick. Third goal was a great finish. Had not seen him that well since 13/14 season.
Xhaka - 5. I don't think he did well. Hasn't got any tackles in him nor creativity.
Iwobi - 7.5. Again, much improved. Excellent first half where he was heavily involved in everything we did. Okay second half but had some one or two clumsy moments. Worked hard. I wish he keeps like that

Mkhitaryan - 9. Star of the first half. Good movement, used the ball well, strong defensive effort. Hat trick of assists. A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLAYER TO THE UTD VERSION
Aubameyang - 7. Quiet for the most part but was involved in the opening goal and took his goal well. Despite being offside
Ozil - 8. Our main man clearly enjoyed the greater movement he had to work with.

Subs:

Kolasinac - 3. No pace, no tackles in, no crosses. We declined after he came.
Ospina - 5. Nothing to do.
Wilshere - 5. Didn't have much time to get into the game.

Excited for Magic Mickey, hoping Iwobi keeps improving. I hope this is not another false dawn. I don't see Xhaka and/or Elneny being good enough against stronger opponents.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 21:00
WORST. RATINGS. EVER

Ramsey deserves a 2 all three goals were lucky
Jack was at least an 8

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 22:35
Mkhitaryan played well. But looks slow will see how he gets on against better teams than Everton.

Aubameyang didn't really get a lot of the ball but his running and movement caused problems.
Think he will do well.

Xhaka & Iwobi weak links as usual.

Cech should have gone off before conceding.

Looked ok going forward but still look poor at the back and that was against a poor Everton team.

Bad news is we may have to put up with Ospina in goal for a few games.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 01:16
Still enjoying the afterglow.

Hard for some guys here to overcome their bias.
Iwobi, Xhaka and Ramsey are different players when playing with worldclass players that can hole the ball and find passing channels.
Can't believe the way we move the ball quickly instead of watching a ball-hog like Alexis and a flat-footed Lacazette waiting for passes to his feet.

"Everybody has the will to win but only the best have the will to prepare to win.”
Bill Parcells

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 02:40
The test is next week against Spurs.

We need Jack to start, so drop Iwobi, rather drop Xhaka.

Will be a fun game to watch.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 04:09
Elneny has to play against spurs.. Although for the first time in a long time i saw xhaka winning back a possession, i spent try against spurs.

And BG, mickey is a little slow, but he has that awareness to float for opponents by surprising them just like what Zidane did at 35(of course zizou miles better) .

But yes his pace will get found out at times and is not ideal to have both him and ozil on the wings. I'm happy he is from a klopp team and knows when to press and can win the ball back.

Iwobi although better, was still the most clumsy of the front 5.
I m very hopeful for auba because he seems to have the right movement.. Able to move wide as well as play centrally. Playing in a team that has ozil and micky helps

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 10:33
That chance where Iwobi won it in the left back spot, played it to Ozil and then Ozil played Aubameyang through and he fired straight at Pickford from a tight-ish angle, fills me with a lot of promise. We've lacked that for ages and I want to see more of it.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 11:50
Yeah Matty, but his first touch was quite heavy which meant he was forced wider, otherwise a better foxy touch would hehe meant he could have come at Pickford a little straighter and would have probably scored.

But yes we haven't been a good counter serving team because to many ppl won't go come deep and collect the ball and don't want to run. We have now have 4 players with great off the ball movement in ozil, ramsey, auba and micky.

Only thing is remember what wenger said in one of the pieces conferences in Jan.

"the only option competing with Bob teams with big rates are have either a large group of players or have a small group on higher wages". In sure he was talking quality.
Basically thsts what we did in the initial part with the cesc team and recently its been a better all round squad but very few super quality player.

I suspect we are going to end up with a very good first team, but poor back ups, and i mean poorer than recent years. Think bendtner years when eboue played right back alongside walcott.
Next year laca, xhaka, elneny, welbeck etc will be sold to buy first team defenders.
I suspect we will end up if with the "if anyone is injured we are @#$%& like liverpool and spurs next year.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 14:17
Arsenal vs. Everton stats:

Most touches

Xhaka 99
Mustafi 82
Özil 80

Most passes

Xhaka 74
Özil 61
Mustafi 55

Highest passing accuracy

Xhaka 94%
Koscielny 93%
Ramsey 91%

Most tackles/interceptions

Mkhitaryan 7
Martina 7
Gueye 7

Most chances created

Özil 4
Mkhitaryan 3
Davies 2

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 06:19
The most tackles is the interesting one. I could aee evidence of micky beong more defensively aware and winning a couple of balls but that stat shows the potential there of another player who may help us win back possession in the opposition half.

Not really surprising considering he once played for klopp

MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 07:34
Yeah like I said in the ratings I was really impressed with his defensive work. Seemed to win a lot of duels.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 21:39
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Mkhitaryan played well. But looks slow will see how he gets on against better teams than Everton.
Aubameyang didn't really get a lot of the ball but his running and movement caused problems.
Think he will do well.

Xhaka & Iwobi weak links as usual.

Cech should have gone off before conceding.

Looked ok going forward but still look poor at the back and that was against a poor Everton team.

Bad news is we may have to put up with Ospina in goal for a few games.

Like I said Mkhitaryan is to slow.
Crap today.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net