football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

What's our strongest line up now
Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 18:25
Do you expect Auba to start on Saturday

He was training by himself today, so I doubt Wenger will throw him straight in

Ideally I would like to see him and Laca upfront together but somehow I think it will be one or the other

I expect that we will line up like this when everyone is fit

--------------Cech
Bellerin--Kos--Mustafi---Monreal
--Jack------Elneny---Ramsey
Özil-----Aubamayeng---Mhkitaryan

Maybe we could play Mhki instead of Ramsey and Laca alongside Auba

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Re: What's our strongest line up now
SandyB (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 18:48
When you put this team you immediately see some issue here, Mhkitaryan was pretty much useless in ManU but even if we keep aside his recent form he’s best suited for the no 10 position through middle n so is natural no 10 Ozil. Now if you play Aubamayeng centrally then obviously you oh need to play Laca who’s already low in confidence out of position.
Then when you put Wilshere, Ramsey n Elneny in that central MF you know that’s the weakest link in that team n almost out of option there.
I don’t know what on earth that prompted to make accusations of Mhkitarian instead of a right wing flair player and a defensive MF and a proper central defender is beyond me.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 19:27
Elneny shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11. Or squad for that matter.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 21:00
Quote:
SandyB
When you put this team you immediately see some issue here, Mhkitaryan was pretty much useless in ManU but even if we keep aside his recent form he’s best suited for the no 10 position through middle n so is natural no 10 Ozil. Now if you play Aubamayeng centrally then obviously you oh need to play Laca who’s already low in confidence out of position.
Then when you put Wilshere, Ramsey n Elneny in that central MF you know that’s the weakest link in that team n almost out of option there.
I don’t know what on earth that prompted to make accusations of Mhkitarian instead of a right wing flair player and a defensive MF and a proper central defender is beyond me.

Exactly, as with pretty much most of our signing's recently it has been opportunistic or reactionary signings, signings that have been done mostly to quieten the fan unrest and not because it was player/s we need

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 21:35
The more I think about it the more I worry about our impact from the bench

After we field our strongest line up the only players we can call on from the bench t change a game are Iwobi and welbeck. The rest of the subs are injury replacements I.e defender for defender elneney for Xhaka etc.

We let Theo Giroud and Jeff Adelaide leave, I can't think of any game changers

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 22:46
We thought were bad defensively before this window.
We are even weaker now.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 02:19
We can't create any goals for laca.. We are struggling to put passes together in the final third so mkhi hopefully helps with that. But the fact that we don't have a DM means that we will continue to leak goals. Plus the defense in general is poor. The sooner xhaka is dropped the better

hahanice (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 16:38
at least be somewhat realistic. Xhaka will play as wenger loves him. I dont think he will rush auba into action straight away either. wouldnt be too surprised to see a slight defensive shake up though

--------------Cech
Bellerin--Kos--Mustafi---Monreal
--Jack------Xhaka---Ramsey
Özil-----Lacazette---Mhkitaryan

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 16:40
I would find a way to have two up top it's like nobody realises just how deadly they could both be together I see a partnership to remember shaping up if allowed to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 16:43 by Big Guhnz.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 19:36
Apparently Mhkt and Auby used to link up well at BD

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Goofle (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 01:36
Ospina

Bellerin
Mustafi
Koscielny
Monreal

Wilshere
Ramsey

Mhki
Ozil
Iwobi sad smiley

Auba

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:32
Quote:
Goofle
Ospina
Bellerin
Mustafi
Koscielny
Monreal

Wilshere
Ramsey

Mhki
Ozil
Iwobi sad smiley

Auba
This team can start against spurs but iwobi has to do a good job defensively.
Id be tempted to put elneny but jack ramsey and iwobi are better equipped to bring the ball out when pressed.

But as always, wenger will start xhakasad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2018 08:34 by CazOnARola.

SandyB (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 14:39
Quote:
Goofle
Ospina
Bellerin
Mustafi
Koscielny
Monreal

Wilshere
Ramsey

Mhki
Ozil
Iwobi sad smiley

Auba

This team will be murdered in the middle of the pitch. Dier n Dembele will take every ball away from this mid field.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 18:11
My preferred line up against Spuds:

...............Cech

Bellerin Mustafi Kos Monreal

...........Ramsey Jack

.....Miki Ozil Auba

..............Lacazette

Goofle (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 18:29
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
Goofle
Ospina
Bellerin
Mustafi
Koscielny
Monreal

Wilshere
Ramsey

Mhki
Ozil
Iwobi sad smiley

Auba

This team will be murdered in the middle of the pitch. Dier n Dembele will take every ball away from this mid field.

We don't have a better option than Jack at CM, so play him there. Maybe go with a three but you lose a lot when you do that. Try and win the game.

SandyB (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 20:30
Quote:
Goofle
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
Goofle
Ospina
Bellerin
Mustafi
Koscielny
Monreal

Wilshere
Ramsey

Mhki
Ozil
Iwobi sad smiley

Auba

We don't have a better option than Jack at CM, so play him there. Maybe go with a three but you lose a lot when you do that. Try and win the game.

None of Jack, Ramsey, Mhkitaryan, Ozil know how to take the ball back or so to speak defend, if you play Jack n Ramsey you don't have a scapegoat so Wenger will play either Elneny or Xhaka in place of Jack n that's probably the least sensible option he has.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 21:10
Iwobi shouldn't be anywhere near our squad, never mind starting eleven.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Goofle (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 03:10
Elneny and Xhaka don't know how to defend.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 06:23
Elneny has a better positonal sense than xhaka. His pbm right from the start was his weakness in the tackle. So basically you get a bite of the ball but the tackle is so weak that the man will gets away plus you get pff balanced.

He has improved on this since he first arrived, esp seen in recent games but still nowhere near top quality.

Sandy although you are right, xhaka is the worst in the entire team when it comes to positioning.

Very few ppl actually would have seen that is his positioning that let's kante get a free run and time to pick out Pedro who then picks out hazard for the opener for Chelsea in the semi.

Xhaka pretty much does this every single game, without being punished always.

Some its an away it should be between iwobi/elneny.

If you don't play jack, you won't be able to evade the press.

Mkhitaryan is defensively the 2nd most capable from what i saw after ramsey among the ppl being mentioned. He had 7 tackles/interceptions. But i in not taking about numbers. Ozil when he plays for Germany, does maintain shape very well. Mkhitaryan did the same against everton, but additionally is also stronger than ozil in the tackle and more accurate. Being a klopp nos 10, this is a basic requirement in his teams. So i have hope from micki.

Iwobi imho is the fastest over two yards and has the physique to stay with dembele if need be.

If he is going to be disciplined like he was in our 0-0 draw with Chelsea last year, it will be tempting to play him.

The safe bet is to play elneny, but it won't help us in when when they press high.
Xhaka should not start over wilshere. Wilshere is better than him at everything except set pieces.

To me it looks like we will start with the same team cause its more about how we perform than who plays.

I agree with Tom that we need to go for it. Defensively we just don't have anything. The only way to push them back is to actually give them something to fear.

Caution and aggression. Ramsey has to sit a bit deeper if xhska plays and i think that is what wenger will go for

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 16:49
We need to change the mid field, regardless of who we are playing. Why Xhaka gets a pass every time he gets beat is criminal and remember early in the season with his passing that lead to opponents goals?

Jack has to be in the starting line up and let him sit in that role, he cant do any worse defending and will show some fight that we are missing. He is not the solution, but that is what we have right now.

Why not try Jack and in a 5-2-3 with one of the 3 center backs higher up to sit almost like in front of the back four, maybe Monreal?

Xhaka and Iwobi should not be in the starting 11 now.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 04:38
Elneny is the worst Arsenal player since Silvestre lol

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 05:36
Sadly the only midfielder at the club who tries to defend when asked to

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net