football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Wilshere or Ramsey?
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:52
Mkhi signed.
Ozil is staying.

Wilshere insisted he will sign.

Ramsey said "he will consider his future at season's end".

In the aftermath of Swansea game, I prefer Jack Wilshere and Ramsey should be smart enough to leave like OX, Walcott and Giroud.

Younger and hungrier players in Maitland-Niles, Joe Willock, Reine-Adelaide, and even Nwakali, can replace him in the middle either as DCM or attacking midfielder.
Not forgetting Nelson if he decided to sign on.

We are well stocked with "No. 10" in Ozil, Mkhi and Wilshere.

Ramsey can't play No. 10 ... and he is useless as No. 8 as seen in Swansea game or all the games he played this season.

Just sell Ramsey in the summer ... and that is the last of the deadwood from Brit Pack 1.0 - with Jack Wilshere as the only survivor.

"Everybody has the will to win but only the best have the will to prepare to win.”
Bill Parcells

Re: Wilshere or Ramsey?
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:58
Is this even a debate?

Everyone who understands the game knows Wilshere is miles better.

Ramsey is shite and a hinderence!

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 16:33
Both. Xhaka is still in the team

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 18:21
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Is this even a debate?
Everyone who understands the game knows Wilshere is miles better.

Ramsey is shite and a hinderence!

This

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 19:47
I'm not a Ramsey hater, but Jack is a way better footballer.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

tigerline (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 20:39
Ramsey could be a much, much better team player under a manager who would enforce some defensive discipline in him.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 21:09
Chris Coleman is the right manager for him.
Sunderland or Barca should submit a bid for Ramsey in the summer.

"Everybody has the will to win but only the best have the will to prepare to win.”
Bill Parcells

younghansolo (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 13:23
Wouldn't be sad to see Ramsey go to be honest. Just don't like the guy. Decent enough footballer but I just dislike him

SandyB (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 14:39
Ramsey is better than Wilshere his numbers of goals n assists prove it all both has to do a lot better to be in top class bracket though.

Goofle (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 16:29
Ramsey is better at 99% of things.

Jonny Bravo (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 16:34
Neither are good enough, or more importantly dependable enough.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 18:30
Quote:
Goofle
Ramsey is better at 99% of things.

...that don't involve the sport of playing football

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Shane (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 19:10
Wilshere's obviously better.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 21:01
Quote:
Jonny Bravo
Neither are good enough, or more importantly dependable enough.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 22:49
Ramsey needs moving on.
Wilshere for now. But we need better than him.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 01:16
One more time ... Ramsey or Wilshere? (Sm6)

Flava: "Änd Ramsey was majestic"

And Jack a damp squib (Sm22)

Was that Ramsey first ever hat-trick in his professional football career?

.....................................................................................
- Ice-cool Ramsey -

Wenger also reserved praise for Ramsey as the Wales midfielder finally took his manager's advice to stay cool in front of goal.

"I felt always -- when I watched the games after on the video -- you think always that he is there in a good position in the box and I felt always that he had between 10 and 15 goals at least in his locker," Wenger said.

"He didn't do it until now because I think he rushed, sometimes, with his finishing. He looks much calmer."
www.france24.com/en/20180204-friends-reunited-wenger-salutes-arsenal-new-boys

Bill Parcells

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 01:40 by Merlion96.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 10:18
Ramsey over Wilshere all day for me but I want them both in the same team.

I wonder if we'll see that now or if Wenger will keep them separated for the time being at least, due to their respective injury proneness and the lack of alternatives if they're both out?

No Ramsey and no Wilshere would probably mean some kind of combination of Xhaka and Elneny, which I'd rather not think about, unless one of Iwobi/ Ozil/ Mkhitaryan drops in.

Goofle (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 14:18
Play Wilshere instead of Xhaka. Lose nothing but gain some things.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 16:11
Quote:
Goofle
Play Wilshere instead of Xhaka. Lose nothing but gain some things.

This.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 17:09
I think everybody can see this.
If we really feel troubled we can put iwobi on the bench and play elneny wilshere ramsey and the front 3 remains ozil, micki and auba. Elneny can slot in between the two CBs line he did so seamlessly against Chelsea in the tin cup.

I myself would be tempted to play that combination against spurs who like to press generally.

hahanice (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 17:26
ramsey and jack both obviously have their uses. jack is magestic on the ball, and ramsey can go out and win you a final. id play them both. the problem is xhaka. how he was playing over coquelin i will never know. now that he is gone the only other option is Elneny. I would rather see him play, and while i certainly understand peoples problems with his limitations, he is in no way worse than xhaka.

Goofle (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 01:37
Wilshere is better defensively than Xhaka and is miles better at pretty much everything else.

If Xhaka had the maturity and awareness to at least sit back and position himself properly, then maybe he would make more sense. But he doesn't, so f*ck him.

litmus (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 03:39
You can't drop Ramsey after that showing. I was impresssed with his engine, movement and composure. Those were well taken finishes. He and Jack both deserve to play based on their recent showings. Jack on the ball and his burst to get away from opponents in tight spaces is vital to our attacking and counter attacking game.

I have to agree with the general consensus of playing the much more disciplined Elneny to sit in front of the back 4, with Jack and Ramsey in front of him. Ozil, Mkhi and Auba on top. I do worry about Lacazette though. Elneny doesnt take risk and always keep himself between the attacker and his own goal.

Xhaka has a tendency to switch off like for Swansea's first goal and many other before that. Against Spurs away, everyone must be switched on.

Sigh, We shouldn't have sold Le Coq.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 18:17
Quote:
litmus
Sigh, We shouldn't have sold Le Coq bought a proper DM.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 21:14
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Quote:
litmus
Sigh, We shouldn't have sold Le Coq bought a proper DM.

This.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

SuperRob (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 23:36
Play both in central midfield. We pretend that Xhaka is a defensive midfielder because he isn't very good at going forward, but in reality he doesn't offer anything defensively either and is often caught out of position.

Put Wilshere and Ramsey together in the middle and hopefully they'll work out that they need to take more responsibility for defending between them...

Until one or both of them get injured.

Kalela (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 13:54
If I was the manager I would not offer either of them a new contract unless I am trying to sell them afterwards.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:25
Anyone who thinks wilshere is better than Ramsey doesn't deserve to have an opinion on football.

I honestly, truly, believe this.

Flava (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:27
Quote:
Gunners R Us
Anyone who thinks wilshere is better than Ramsey doesn't deserve to have an opinion on football.
I honestly, truly, believe this.

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:53
As someone said it before they both have their uses.

Truth is if you could somehow merge their abilities into one player only then you would end up with a good midfielder.

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 15:31
They can easily play in a 3 man midfield, with a good defensive midfielder behind them and 3 interchangeable forwards

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 17:26
Anyone who rates Ramsey doesn't deserve to have an opinion on football!

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 03:18
Yes all s.hit players tend to score hatricks in the EPL.

Goofle (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 05:07
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Yes all s.hit players tend to score hatricks in the EPL.

And score two cup winning goals.

Flava (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 08:19
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Anyone who rates Ramsey doesn't deserve to have an opinion on football!

2 wins in 15 games without Ramsey

MattySadler (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 08:47
(Sm16)

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 10:28
Wilshere was ponderous, a plodder, and never a goal threat like Ramsey.
Neither Wilshere is a steely defensive midfielder like Roy Keane or the Poison Dwarf ... and don't even compare him to Kante.
I can't see nay good in Wilshere except as a squad member and make up the number of homegrown players.

Ramsey?
No matter whatever his other skills, he is definitely a goal threat with his knack of running in from deep and getting into goal-scoring positions, plus anticipating all those loose balls in the box.
If he is demanding 200,000 pw, tell him to feck off and sells him to Barca or PSG or Bayern Munich or Juventus or Milan or even Liverpool.

After watching Wilshere for a few months, forget him and start looking for another defensive midfielder that can pass and hold the ball, and another box-to-box No. 8 like Lampard or Gerrard.

Bill Parcells

MattySadler (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 15:08
Wilshere was sh*t yesterday but so was everybody else, and they'll all continue to be sh*t over the course of a season until we get a new manager, a proper system and some better players added to the few decent ones we have.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 21:19
You are going to have a long wait.
Maybe summer of 2022.

Goofle (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 16:13
What's funny about the Ramsey/Wilshere debate is that Ramsey literally does the same kind of fluent tricks and skills that Wilshere does, but he's so much better at it that he doesn't get tackled half as much so nobody sees the replays.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 16:33
www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/29326/11209686/gary-neville-jack-wilshere-is-best-english-midfield-player-by-a-street

End this thread before I @#$%& slap people further!

Flava (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 16:54
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/29326/11209686/gary-neville-jack-wilshere-is-best-english-midfield-player-by-a-street

Well Ramsey is Welsh, dumbass!

Goofle (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 17:16

Gonna go with Stevie G on this one mate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2018 17:17 by Goofle.

Flava (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 18:32
Of course you can like them both. Both offer different things. Neither play enough games unfortunately.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 21:44
We may lose both of them in the summer.

Ramsey is tired of Arsenal and not feeling love by Arsenal fans and will most likely declined to stay on and move on to rejuvenate his career like OX, Walcott and Giroud.

Wilshere should move to Liverpool or Chelski to rebuild his career under Klopp or Conte.

[www.thehotstepanovs.com]

The Welshman’s contract is set to expire in the summer of 2019 and rumours suggest that the 27-year-old has no intention of signing a new deal in hope of a move to Juventus. As for Jack Wilshere, his current deal runs out in the summer and Arsène Wenger has publicly stated he’ll do everything he can to keep the Englishman at the club. But a contract offer of £80,000-a-week is yet to be accepted by Wilshere and his representatives, so, that situation also hangs in the balance.
It’s clear that Arsenal needs a revamp in the summer, whether Andrija Živković will bea part of that process remains to be seen.

weedz (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 01:01
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

Ll
(Sm22)(Sm22) (Sm22)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2018 01:03 by weedz.

Flava (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 07:18
Quote:
weedz
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

Ll
(Sm22)(Sm22) (Sm22)

Mr Weedz is in the house. How are you mate?

weedz (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 20:02
All good Flava. Sitting in the sun and enjoying a cold beer mate. How are things going on your side of this rock?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net