football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Lucas Moura
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:31
Signed for Spurs and a good signing it is too.

This puzzles me somewhat as well as to why we p.issed about with the Sanchez/Mikhitaryan deals all season where here there was a class 25 year old Brazilian international who was available. We should have been in for him.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Re: Lucas Moura
SandyB (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:31
Not Wenger kinda player...

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:34
Lucas Moura = Theo Walcott, but with a Brazilian passport. Speed merchant with no end product.

I wonder if he remembers how to play football... hasn't played a minute for PSG this season.

(Sm22)

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:52
Don't be silly then, Moura is way better than Theo.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

SandyB (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:09
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Lucas Moura = Theo Walcott, but with a Brazilian passport. Speed merchant with no end product.
I wonder if he remembers how to play football... hasn't played a minute for PSG this season.

(Sm22)

I don't hear you laughing like that while talking about Barcelona 100m bench warming signing Dembele!! (Sm100)

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:25
Dembélé is only 20, he'll come good. How old is Moura and how much playing time is he gonna get at Spurs?

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:37
Moura is 25 and he'll get plenty of playing time once he's settled in.

I'm going to Gunnersingh "I was proven right again" bore off you on this one.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 16:46
Well, we'll see...

I think Moura has wasted a lot of time and even regressed these last 2-3 seasons at PSG.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 18:11
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Moura is 25 and he'll get plenty of playing time once he's settled in.
I'm going to Gunnersingh "I was proven right again" bore off you on this one.

I wanted him to join while he was playing in Brazil!

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 02:17
Luca Moura is pretty average, like Firmino. If Brazil think they'll go far in the World Cup with those 2, they're seriously deluded.

SandyB (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 02:50
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Luca Moura is pretty average, like Firmino. If Brazil think they'll go far in the World Cup with those 2, they're seriously deluded.
I know you can’t wait to be get battered but wait till the game begin, dude! (Sm6)

litmus (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 03:57
Quote:
SaltnPeppah

(Sm22)

You are kidding right? You must be....Moura is pacey but his game is not built solely on speed. He is very unlike Theo in that he is first and foremost a playmaker. With Pastore, Di Maria, Veratti, Ben Arfa and having brought in Draxler last season PSG is too well stocked in that area. I guess they don't rotate that much over there.

But it makes sense for us not going for him because we already have Mkhi and Ozil typically playing the same role. For us in our system that is.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 18:06
I would rather have Moura than Mikhitaryan.

We should have sold Sanchez for £60m at the start of the season and bought Auba and Moura then.

Shane (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 20:21
Quite a few decent players have been god awful at Totteneham.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:52
Like Paulinho, for instance.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 07:14
Quote:
BootyDaddy
I would rather have Moura than Mikhitaryan.
We should have sold Sanchez for £60m at the start of the season and bought Auba and Moura then.
We are unable to string 3/4 passes together in the final third and i mean quick and accurate, not passes where the weight is wrong or the person has to check back slightly, cause that s all it takes for openings to close.

We only had ozil who does that and i mean even basic side footed passes, but accurate even under pressure.
Now we have micky as well and thats a huge difference because of our style of play.
People have been crying about us missing santi and micky brings that passing that's been missing to help out ozil.

If you watch ramsey in the last few games, you will see he no longer tries to play the final ball. He's always giving passes quickly and running into spaces. We need more of that.

With Aubameyang s and ozils pace (yes ozil has enough to get in behind defense) i feel we needed the technical ability more.

We of course need a winger, but for that we need a solid DM first so that micky/ozil/ramsey can play in front of him

De Times (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 08:16
What is this one saying here?

"A club is a union between players, supporters and directors". - Wenger.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 10:13
Quote:
Shane
Quite a few decent players have been god awful at Totteneham.

I always turn to this when Spurs sign players.

Shane (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 11:47
True nonetheless. Plus, the last two Ligue 1 wingers Pochettino has signed - N'jie and N'Koudou - have flopped big time. There's no guarantees over Lucas.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 11:54
Quote:
De Times
That we were right to sign a more technical player like micky in place of sanchez and not just speed merchants.

We do need a quick winger as well but need a good passer before that as we were over reliant on ozil

SandyB (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 15:49
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
De Times
That we were right to sign a more technical player like micky in place of sanchez and not just speed merchants.

We do need a quick winger as well but need a good passer before that as we were over reliant on ozil
Lucas didn’t kick a ball yet n Mikhitaryan just played a game at home against a pub team, so hold on to your judgment for a while folks, there is nothing to celebrate about the signing yet!

De Times (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 15:41
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
De Times

I was talking about the confused one who started the post.

"A club is a union between players, supporters and directors". - Wenger.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 15:57
We just lost to a pub team the week before. So it's not just about the quality of the opposition.

Sandy, You didn't even read my previous post and even this one fully where i I've said "we do need a speedy winger". But we struggle to even bring the ball out from the back as we do not have players who make the right decisions 90% of the time barring ozil.

I'm saying if we were signing Aubameyang already, it made sense to get a more technical player like cazorla that we have been missing all the time.

Ramseys strength is his of the ball movement.

Only ozil and micky are players that are good at both. Playing passes as well as of the ball movement.

I know moura is better than walcott but unless we were gonna sign 3 players, it was right to go for micky and aubemeyang as far as offense goes.

Of course a better signing would be to let xhaka go and sign a DM.

I believe we have done the best we could. The better thing would have been to let go off sanchez in the summer, but most fans including me were asking to keep him rather than handing city the title.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 16:00 by CazOnARola.

SandyB (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 17:02
Quote:
CazOnARola
We just lost to a pub team the week before. So it's not just about the quality of the opposition.
Sandy, You didn't even read my previous post and even this one fully where i I've said "we do need a speedy winger". But we struggle to even bring the ball out from the back as we do not have players who make the right decisions 90% of the time barring ozil.

I'm saying if we were signing Aubameyang already, it made sense to get a more technical player like cazorla that we have been missing all the time.

Ramseys strength is his of the ball movement.

Only ozil and micky are players that are good at both. Playing passes as well as of the ball movement.

I know moura is better than walcott but unless we were gonna sign 3 players, it was right to go for micky and aubemeyang as far as offense goes.

Of course a better signing would be to let xhaka go and sign a DM.

I believe we have done the best we could. The better thing would have been to let go off sanchez in the summer, but most fans including me were asking to keep him rather than handing city the title.
Swansea wasn’t pub team, they were relegation battling n beat Liverpool n Arsenal in consecutive games, Everton on the other hand playing for nothing. The real test for the new signings are coming against spuds soon.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 17:10
Battling relegation doesnt make them good. We gifted them 2 goals, and had 0 off the ball movement all night.
Don't you see what a difference it makes, im not talking about the goals, but just watch the first half again and how many times ramsey passes the ball to bellerin or ozil with just one touch and moves into space.

Thsts what drags defenders out of shape.

I'm not saying i wanted us the sign micky. I was hoping we get mahrez who would kill two birds with one stone. Immense passing plus trickery.

Of course looking at what i saw, micky looks more age about the team shape and can help defensively which mahrez isn't going to do

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 17:13 by CazOnARola.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 17:15
And btw liverpool will always struggle against team that are direct and won't try to play through the middle of the park as gegen pressing is all about your front 4 robbing the opposing DMs, Cms

SandyB (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 17:53
Yeah, if you are talking about gifting goals, fat sam’s Everton gifted is st two goals within 15mns it’s all about who wants it more, Swansea was battling for their life they wanted it more leaving aside those things if you can write off performance of Oxlade against city as the ne off then you can’t hype someone of your own’s performance based on a game against a team at home who has nothing to play for n trying new things like 3 CB defense, you gotta hold your judgement.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 18:38
Sandy,
I've said in many times in my posts, i dont care about the goals. I not taking about the performance in terms of the goals scored. I've numerous posts steering thsts not much to read into Aubameyangs first goal as good as the finish was. I'm taking about the abilities such can be seen in touches, their intentions in their movement and what they can offer as players.

Against a good team that match might go in as a 0-0 draw. Those players get closer down and no goals are scored. But in all the previous games there had just been a general lack of movement and quality of passing.

Even lacazette would have scored had he started for against everton. The scoreline is not the talking point.

We are just discussing the qualities that mkhi and aubemeyang and even ramsey bring to this team and whether they are any different from what giroud/welbeck/sanchez/theo have /had.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2018 08:53 by CazOnARola.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 07:17
Quote:
De Times
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
De Times

I was talking about the confused one who started the post.

LOL that is a bit like Fred West calling someone a bad parent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net