football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Wenger's last season?
Shane (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 21:56
Disclaimer: every word of this is pure speculation from me, but guesswork that I think could be rooted in truth.

As the thread title suggests, I think this is Wenger's last season - and all because of one video I saw on Twitter.

Some Arsenal fan was sat beside Wenger at an event of some description on Sunday, and the supporter filmed himself asking whether the Aubameyang deal would happen. Wenger sort of smiled awkwardly and didn't say anything, but the most interesting thing in the video was the person sitting on the other side of Wenger. I'm pretty certain it was his ex-wife..

You have to imagine that there's being some sort of reconciliation there and is it possible that one of the terms of the potential reconciliation was that he walks away from Arsenal in the summer? As I said, pure guesswork, but let me tell you why this could be the case.

Simply put, Wenger is obsessed with football, and has been since a young age. I read an in-depth biography on him a few years ago and I remember thinking, 'This bloke is f*cking crazy' after reading certain anedotes from past players and mentors about how deep his obsession goes. It's both admirable and bizarre, and it's very plausible that his obsession and refusal to call it a day with football led to issues in his marraige eventually.

Maybe the marraige broke down because she had an affair, or maybe it was because he used to beat her up. There's a lot of possible reasons, but I'd be very surprised if his job wasn't a factor in it. If you think about it, what woman wants her 68-year-old husband to be working an extremely stressful job in a very high-pressure environment when he has enough money to ride off into the sunset with her? It's not healthy physically, but emotionally can you imagine the strain of being married to Wenger, with the amount of sh*t that has gone on over the years?

You can't tell me that he put up a wall between his professional and personal life and that frustrations from one didn't spill over into the other. Surely there wasn't a spring in his step when he'd arrive in the door after losing 6-0 to Chelsea. Surely he didn't sneak up behind her in the kitchen, hug her waist and say, 'The lads just lost 10-2 to Bayern but I'm in a great mood'. I'm sure there was a lot of arguments. I mean, how can there not have been?

Can we agree it's very possible that his job impacted on their marraige in a negative way? If so, we have to assume that there has been a compromise in the reconciliation and perhaps Wenger has said to her, 'Look, give me six more months to finish up. I'll finish up the season and then we can both spend the twilight of our lives doing the stuff that retired couples do, like sailing the French Riviera, going on holiday whenever we feel like it and planning dirty weekends that don't involve a trip to the Britannia for me anymore. Little Leah has f*cked off now and fled the nest so there's nothing stopping us from doing all of these things'.

Listen, I could be way off the mark, but relationships and marraiges aren't rekindled without promises and compromises and I think it's very possible that Wenger leaving Arsenal was one he made to her.

Re: Wenger's last season?
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 22:03
Wenger was rattling some other French bird but like everything else he managed to bulls.hit his way out of it brush it all under the carpet. I recall some brave reporter asking him about it and he stated 'my personal life remains personal' and it was pretty much never brought up again.

That probably had a lot to do with his marriage ending but I highly doubt getting back with his ex would be the thing to finally get him to f.uck off either. You're taling about one of the most delusional and stubborn people on the planet.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 22:07
Wenger will likely leave end of this season if Arsenal ends up worse than 5th place and with no cups to show.

Shane (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 22:09
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Wenger was rattling some other French bird but like everything else he managed to bulls.hit his way out of it brush it all under the carpet. I recall some brave reporter asking him about it and he stated 'my personal life remains personal' and it was pretty much never brought up again.
That probably had a lot to do with his marriage ending but I highly doubt getting back with his ex would be the thing to finally get him to f.uck off either. You're taling about one of the most delusional and stubborn people on the planet.

That was seven years ago mate, and the divorce only happened in 2015. If that rapper story was true then there must've been more recent issues which led to the split.

Shane (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 22:10
Obviously the arrivals of Mislintat and that other bloke indicated a change anyway, so I'm not reinventing the wheel, but I think what I mentioned strengthens the idea.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 22:22
I hope Wenger leaves asap, but I don't see it happening this year.

Even if we finish 8th with no cups, Wenger will sill be our manager for next season, as no one, including Stan is gonna fire him and he is not gonna leave before his contract is finished.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 22:48
Quote:
Shane
Quote:
BootyDaddy

That was seven years ago mate, and the divorce only happened in 2015. If that rapper story was true then there must've been more recent issues which led to the split.

Women have memories like f.ucking Elephants. When I got caught with hands in the cookie jar, my ex wife was still bringing that s.hit up for near on a decade later. Hence she's the ex wife now.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Shane (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 23:11
Yeah fair point, but I wasn't suggesting that she'd forgotten. Considering they carried on for five years after that scandal, I just think there's probably more recent issues which contributed to the divorce and there's a good chance that football played a role. The more pressure in work, the bigger the strain in personal life I think. Probably same with any job.

Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
I hope Wenger leaves asap, but I don't see it happening this year.
Even if we finish 8th with no cups, Wenger will sill be our manager for next season, as no one, including Stan is gonna fire him and he is not gonna leave before his contract is finished.

He has broken contract before, so I wouldn't put a huge amount of emphasis on that.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 23:14
Our Board will extend his f*cking contract.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 00:10
Agreed.
He has a job for life and Silent Stan is fully focused to complete his US$3-billion Inglewood project by 2019 and has no time for Arsenal FC.

I see a Komrade Wenger 5-Year Plan - 2017 to 2012/13.

SandyB (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 05:30
First thing first, fuc.king hell shano you read fuc.king Wenger’s biography, now that’s something you shouldn’t be saying ever in public place!! Second thing is after saying that kinda shi.t you analyze Wenger’s marriage life!! Gotta say, mate kinda gigantic weirdo of a AKB you have become makes DeTimes sound like Winston Churchill ... holy shi .t!! (Sm124) (Sm22)
Now those who are seeing a hope that Wenger might really fuc.k off after finishing 6th n not winning anything, don’t put too much of hope he’s gonna win the Tin cup this year city isn’t interested in slightest of winning it they have their plates full with the league n the CL commitments. So Wenger isn’t going nowhere...

MattySadler (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 06:13
I saw that video of him sat next to a fan at an event and I was that fixated on their interaction that I didn't even notice there was somebody else sat by them. Very interesting...

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 08:11
As far as I understand it she has filed for divorce and its on its way, so reconciliation unlikely. Secondly he has never broken a contract apart from Monaco sacking him

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Shane (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 09:05
As the product of a broken home, I can say from personal experience that it seems very unlikely to me that Wenger and his ex-wife would spend a Sunday afternoon together at the London Indoor Games unless they had already reconciled.

My parents didn't hate each other after separating, but by the same token they wouldn't do things together on the weekend. It's very possible that Wenger and his estranged wife have remainded on good terms, but considering the assets were divided up in 2015, does someone as principled and frugal as Wenger strike you as a bloke who would just be friends with someone who took half his money? Listen, it's possible, but to me it's a lot more plausible that they have reconciled, or at least tried to rekindle the relationship,

For the sake of balance, we have to acknowledge the fact that they both could have attended the event with a couple they're both friends with, which changes the complexion of this theory slightly, but there's just as much evidence to suggest that it was just both of them and I think that could be a major indicator of his future. If Arsenal and his job interfered with the relationship in the first place, which I also think is inevitable given the stress and pressure of the role, then there wouldn't be a reconciliation unless he had plans to walk away.

SandyB (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 13:12
Quote:
MattySadler
I saw that video of him sat next to a fan at an event and I was that fixated on their interaction that I didn't even notice there was somebody else sat by them. Very interesting...
Was that in yearly AKB conference event?
On another note, give shano to Chelsea free if they buy Giroud (Sm122) (Sm6)

Flava (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 11:06
The sales of Coquelin, Walcott and Giroud are also an indicator this will be his last season. Can't see him staying beyond this season, I hope not anyway

Shane (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 11:25
I'm afraid that Ozil's extension has put an element of doubt into this wild theory because, if Wenger was going, there's no way he'd sign a new deal without knowing who was coming in.

That being said, maybe Wenger hasn't told the players about his would-be departure and simply hoodwinked Ozil into signing, or maybe he has told them and Ozil does know who's coming in. Or maybe he'll be here until 2025.

Who the f*ck knows, but I do know with a fair amount of certainty is that Wenger and the wife are an item again. We can only hope that one of the terms of the reconciliation was walking away from Arsenal.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 18:12
I believe Low is the manager coming in after the WC to replace Wenger. That is why Ozil signed an extension.

SandyB (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 20:23
Wenger's last season is 2050 the year he reaches his 100 years till then sit tight n enjoy his love life!! LoooooooooooooooooL.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 14:16
Wenger will leave 2019 season end worst case

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net