football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

What have we gained by keeping Sanchez until now?
younghansolo (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 00:49
Was it really worth it? Was it ever going to be?
Talk of us selling now for 20-25m but we had an offer of 60m on deadline day.

Re: What have we gained by keeping Sanchez until now?
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 02:55
Wenger gets to show that he is indeed the boss who decides when and who he sells.

Ichigo (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 13:16
Sell Alexis and buy Draxler and Malcolm, which will persuade Ozil to sign his extension. That's the sort of business we want Arsenal to do, but what will happen eventually is Alexis and Ozil leaving and us replacing them with Iwobi and Welbeck.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 14:08
Who else was going to throw their arms in the air at the other players these last 6 months and have a strop everytime he didn't get the ball when he wanted it?

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:40
It hasn't got us anything.
We all wanted him to keep him. He sold RVP and we all said we should have kept him instead of handing united the title.

I myself was advocating keeping alexis and ozil and trying to persuade them rather than selling them to rivals like with rvp. So i have nothing to complain

We couldn't have sold them abroad cause they wouldn't have agreed terms and this to force the move to the coin of their choice

younghansolo (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 19:03
Let's be honest the more likely scenario:

Sanchez goes for 20m
Ozil goes to united in the summer to united for nothing.
We sign some player from mfrance who's as effective as lacazette
We finish 5th or 6th

MattySadler (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 19:28
We are a joke and this whole debacle has just contributed further.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 19:57
Absolutely nothing the business model is crazy

Under new managment

SandyB (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 20:41
IMO, the whole thingy of Sanchez to city on January transfer window is hogwash. I don't think both parties are interested in January transfer. City is well stacked n Sanchez wants a big big sign on bonus on a free transfer. They are playing with time for transfer deadline, I don't think he's going anywhere till summer, Man United in between dangling carrot to test the water as well as dump their excess to requirement Mkhitaryan to Arsenal.

If Wenger still have little brain left should go for Malcom n sign him quickly that will put pressure on Sanchez to move now fear of benching rather than going out on free in summer anywhere he likes.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 00:16
Quote:
SandyB
IMO, the whole thingy of Sanchez to city on January transfer window is hogwash. I don't think both parties are interested in January transfer. City is well stacked n Sanchez wants a big big sign on bonus on a free transfer. They are playing with time for transfer deadline, I don't think he's going anywhere till summer, Man United in between dangling carrot to test the water as well as dump their excess to requirement Mkhitaryan to Arsenal.
If Wenger still have little brain left should go for Malcom n sign him quickly that will put pressure on Sanchez to move now fear of benching rather than going out on free in summer anywhere he likes.
Don't know about malcom, but i agree about the rest.

I was in favor of keeping sanchez at the start of summer and bench him if he didn't play well.

Right now we are allowing him to keep his fitness levels up without much fuss and keeping him well prepped for the WC.
Most teams bench contract rebels.
We should have done that last year but we were too dependent on them. We don't know a way to get result without those 2 even against botyom teams. That's our pbm

Bergmars (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 05:53
I thought Chile were not in WC

Under new managment

Ichigo (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 06:53
I wonder will the new chief scout and director of football change how we run things at this club? Wenger said some harsh words towards Sven in one of his recent interviews, which I think is a clear sign that he is scared of loosing absolute control over the club. I want these guys to restructure our wage policy and sign some quality players. More importantly make sure that Wenger is not involved in transfer dealings, so that we can indentify our targets and make deals happen at an early stage in the transfer market.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 11:03
Quote:
Bergmars
I thought Chile were not in WC
My bad, then just the next season. He isn't breaking sweat a lot these days, just saving himself

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 14:23
We have only gained more turmoil in the club and let Wenger show he is boss. Alexis is our best player and letting the contract run down is a disgrace. I want Jack and Ozil to sign on and lets build a team that want to be there. There are so many big team cast offs that would relish the chance to start for Arsenal, just like Alexis and Ozil.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net