football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Malcom
Flava (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 22:46
David Ornstein says he's our #1 target to replace Sanchez. I've seen him play once, he was fast and very left footed. Does anyone know what he's like?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2018 07:09 by Flava.

Re: IMalcom
SandyB (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 22:48
Awesome player the next 100 million plus Barca/Madrid signing should go for him.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 22:56
So if we are lucky to get him he will be going to Barca or Madrid in the near future.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 00:22
What does the Oracle GS1 say about him?

Re: Malcom
MattySadler (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 16:06
I don't like the way he's spelling "Malcolm" so I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

SandyB (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:29
Folks don't miss out on Malcom heard a lot of buzz about this guy in past few month to the extent Malcom n Arthur should be in selecao NT. The next Coutinho kinda big money player in making. He seems to want to play for Arsenal the kinda pull shano claims Wenger still has.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:52
Looks good on YouTube.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:55
sandyB, what about your little pet lucas moura, who hasn't played a minute for PSG this season? Still think he's gonna make the seleçao? Still think he's better than Dembélé? (Sm22)

SandyB (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 20:26
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
sandyB, what about your little pet lucas moura, who hasn't played a minute for PSG this season? Still think he's gonna make the seleçao? Still think he's better than Dembélé? (Sm22)

Dembele who??

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 20:53
Possibly the guy who will score against Brazil in the World Cup?

SandyB (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 22:12
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Possibly the guy who will score against Brazil in the World Cup?

You mean the Barca bench warmer?? (Sm100)
Barca's DLP(Deep Lying Poacher) will deal with him.. (Sm163)

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 15:25
Reminda me of Douglas Costa.

He'd be more of a Walcott replacement considering he plays on the right.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:05
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

Good comparison.

----------

Pavon and Malcom appear to be being touted as our Alexis and Walcott replacements. In losing Alexis and Walcott we're losing a lot of goals, and having lost Oxlade-Chamberlain and losing Walcott as well, we're losing a lot of pace. The reason I mention us losing the pace is because we have looked a painfully slow team many times this season.

I know it is unrealistic of me to be expecting us to shop in the "top drawer" these days but I am just concerned because neither are particularly proven goalscorers and, whilst not slow by any means, neither appear to have what I'd describe as "blistering" pace.

Of course, what does pace matter when you make no attempt to get behind the opposition?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 20:06 by MattySadler.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:25
Got a great assist tonight

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:56
Malcom is a top top talent.
Has the potential to be world class.

Will be a much better signing than lacazette

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 04:03
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

Good comparison.

----------

Pavon and Malcom appear to be being touted as our Alexis and Walcott replacements. In losing Alexis and Walcott we're losing a lot of goals, and having lost Oxlade-Chamberlain and losing Walcott as well, we're losing a lot of pace. The reason I mention us losing the pace is because we have looked a painfully slow team many times this season.

I know it is unrealistic of me to be expecting us to shop in the "top drawer" these days but I am just concerned because neither are particularly proven goalscorers and, whilst not slow by any means, neither appear to have what I'd describe as "blistering" pace.

Of course, what does pace matter when you make no attempt to get behind the opposition?

Have you seen Leon Bailey? If you haven't watch a comp of him on YouTube. The guy has insane pace and I can see him ending up at a top club this window.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 07:41
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Have you seen Leon Bailey? If you haven't watch a comp of him on YouTube. The guy has insane pace and I can see him ending up at a top club this window.

Yeah I've seen a lot of highlights of him this season. Rapid.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 08:00
Watched malcolm on YouTube. I tend to look at the negatives first on YouTube since it's easy to look at the bright moments in those vids.

Where the kids gets it wrong is holding onto the ball longer than he should, sometimes is getting the weight of the ball wrong or slightly behind /in front of the man for simple passes round the corner and also is selfish when he has 3/4 players open.

So looks he has all the attributes of alexis except his defensive abilities. Didn't try to judge his goal scoring cause thsts really hard to judge from that league. Exhibit A, lacazette.

Ozil wouldn't really enjoy much if he s gonna come deep for the ball like akexis does all the time.

All in all its a big downgrade on current abilities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2018 13:27 by CazOnARola.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 13:25
We can't compete with the big boys for talent so I'd personally make us difficult to neat and buy some real beasts for defence and midfield. We need a really solid defensive midfielder and have down for a long time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net