football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Malcom
Flava (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 22:46
David Ornstein says he's our #1 target to replace Sanchez. I've seen him play once, he was fast and very left footed. Does anyone know what he's like?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2018 07:09 by Flava.

Re: IMalcom
SandyB (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 22:48
Awesome player the next 100 million plus Barca/Madrid signing should go for him.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 22:56
So if we are lucky to get him he will be going to Barca or Madrid in the near future.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 00:22
What does the Oracle GS1 say about him?

Re: Malcom
MattySadler (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 16:06
I don't like the way he's spelling "Malcolm" so I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

SandyB (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:29
Folks don't miss out on Malcom heard a lot of buzz about this guy in past few month to the extent Malcom n Arthur should be in selecao NT. The next Coutinho kinda big money player in making. He seems to want to play for Arsenal the kinda pull shano claims Wenger still has.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:52
Looks good on YouTube.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:55
sandyB, what about your little pet lucas moura, who hasn't played a minute for PSG this season? Still think he's gonna make the seleçao? Still think he's better than Dembélé? (Sm22)

SandyB (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 20:26
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
sandyB, what about your little pet lucas moura, who hasn't played a minute for PSG this season? Still think he's gonna make the seleçao? Still think he's better than Dembélé? (Sm22)

Dembele who??

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 20:53
Possibly the guy who will score against Brazil in the World Cup?

SandyB (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 22:12
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Possibly the guy who will score against Brazil in the World Cup?

You mean the Barca bench warmer?? (Sm100)
Barca's DLP(Deep Lying Poacher) will deal with him.. (Sm163)

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 15:25
Reminda me of Douglas Costa.

He'd be more of a Walcott replacement considering he plays on the right.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:05
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

Good comparison.

----------

Pavon and Malcom appear to be being touted as our Alexis and Walcott replacements. In losing Alexis and Walcott we're losing a lot of goals, and having lost Oxlade-Chamberlain and losing Walcott as well, we're losing a lot of pace. The reason I mention us losing the pace is because we have looked a painfully slow team many times this season.

I know it is unrealistic of me to be expecting us to shop in the "top drawer" these days but I am just concerned because neither are particularly proven goalscorers and, whilst not slow by any means, neither appear to have what I'd describe as "blistering" pace.

Of course, what does pace matter when you make no attempt to get behind the opposition?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 20:06 by MattySadler.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:25
Got a great assist tonight

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:56
Malcom is a top top talent.
Has the potential to be world class.

Will be a much better signing than lacazette

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 04:03
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

Good comparison.

----------

Pavon and Malcom appear to be being touted as our Alexis and Walcott replacements. In losing Alexis and Walcott we're losing a lot of goals, and having lost Oxlade-Chamberlain and losing Walcott as well, we're losing a lot of pace. The reason I mention us losing the pace is because we have looked a painfully slow team many times this season.

I know it is unrealistic of me to be expecting us to shop in the "top drawer" these days but I am just concerned because neither are particularly proven goalscorers and, whilst not slow by any means, neither appear to have what I'd describe as "blistering" pace.

Of course, what does pace matter when you make no attempt to get behind the opposition?

Have you seen Leon Bailey? If you haven't watch a comp of him on YouTube. The guy has insane pace and I can see him ending up at a top club this window.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 07:41
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Have you seen Leon Bailey? If you haven't watch a comp of him on YouTube. The guy has insane pace and I can see him ending up at a top club this window.

Yeah I've seen a lot of highlights of him this season. Rapid.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 08:00
Watched malcolm on YouTube. I tend to look at the negatives first on YouTube since it's easy to look at the bright moments in those vids.

Where the kids gets it wrong is holding onto the ball longer than he should, sometimes is getting the weight of the ball wrong or slightly behind /in front of the man for simple passes round the corner and also is selfish when he has 3/4 players open.

So looks he has all the attributes of alexis except his defensive abilities. Didn't try to judge his goal scoring cause thsts really hard to judge from that league. Exhibit A, lacazette.

Ozil wouldn't really enjoy much if he s gonna come deep for the ball like akexis does all the time.

All in all its a big downgrade on current abilities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2018 13:27 by CazOnARola.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 13:25
We can't compete with the big boys for talent so I'd personally make us difficult to neat and buy some real beasts for defence and midfield. We need a really solid defensive midfielder and have down for a long time.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 14:07
Apparently we aren't moving for Malcom this window because of his inexperience when compared to how much Bordeaux want.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 15:22
Its fine. We are not going to be pulling any trees with him

Bergmars (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 17:40
Small minded mentality as usual when he's ripping it up for City Wenger will say we nearly bought him

A shadow of what we were

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 19:18
We are not competing with city at the moment.

We are trying the rebuild with players adding all over the park.

There are bigger priorities than malcolm ask over the pitch irrespective of whether wenger left tomorrow or not

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 20:47
Since life isn't as generous as to see Wenger departing this summer, I think the team should at least try to get a core of young players for whoever comes next.

Have to get rid of two groups of players. Those that no longer can make it at this level:

Cech, Koscielny, Per, Monreal

And the dross bleeding the club:

Danny @#$%& Wellbeck, Xhaka, Elneny, Chambers.

Mustafi, Holding, Iwobi, Kolasinac and Lacazette could still provide something, I would wait on those.

Keep the other players and start adding from the back.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 21:31
Quote:
CazOnARola
We are not competing with city at the moment.
We are trying the rebuild with players adding all over the park.

There are bigger priorities than malcolm ask over the pitch irrespective of whether wenger left tomorrow or not
No point did I say we are competing with anyone

A shadow of what we were

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 21:52
He will end up at Spurs.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 02:37
I'm saying Bergmars we have bigger needs at the back.

I'm skeptical about singing attack minded players before new managers arrival since every manager had his own preference. That goes for every position, but all our CBs are over the hill.

SA, gunner your list looks perfect to me including giving more time to the folks you mentioned.

I would have kept coquelin and forced elneny to go instead

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2018 17:26 by CazOnARola.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 07:44
Elneny has got to be the worst midfielder we have bought in the last 10 years. He offers nothing.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 07:56
Quote:
CazOnARola
I would have kept coquelin and forced elneny to go instead

I would have got rid of Elneny in the summer personally but Wenger really blew it with Coquelin.

Wenger wanted to keep Coquelin for the 2013-14 season but Coquelin saw he was 6th choice behind Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta, Flamini and Diaby, 7th if you throw in Rosicky as well, and he wanted first team football so he asked to go out on loan, spending that season with Freiburg. Coquelin clearly has some personal ambition and wants to play, unlike Elneny who seems happy just to be living in London, and left as he couldn't get into the starting eleven despite Xhaka being largely awful.

On top of this, apparently just prior to our defeat at Man City, Coquelin first discovered he was playing centre back right before kick off when Wenger put up the team sheet, without any prior warning or time to prepare, and this led to the breakdown of their relationship.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 10:42
That was horrendous. He actually played well imho and was the right move instead of playing mertesacker or chambers.

But the fact that he didn't know is ridiculous. I think coquelin has always preferred parking higher up the pitch.

Now after hearing this to me it looks like was trying to play cross field balls like that to try an impress wenger.

I thought he was doing that one elneny was signed because of fear of competition at DM.

But after reading what you mentioned and wengers persistence with xhaka, he clearly favours players with a longer passing range.

Xhaka loses the ball equally and he misses ground passes frequently which coquelin is decently efficient at. Even through balls.

The only weakness being diagonals and banks over the top. So it looks switching play is wengers main criteria for a DM.

I wonder what is wengers view on tactics like gegen pressing smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2018 17:25 by CazOnARola.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 12:02
I agree Caz we need strengthening in defensive areas

A shadow of what we were

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 13:06
Quote:
MattySadler

On top of this, apparently just prior to our defeat at Man City, Coquelin first discovered he was playing centre back right before kick off when Wenger put up the team sheet, without any prior warning or time to prepare, and this led to the breakdown of their relationship.

Why should we be surprised by this coming from a manager who thinks the DM and CB positions are very similar and hence interchangeable. 😂

Bergmars (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 13:37
Not being prepared is our speciality and suffers no excuses

A shadow of what we were

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net