football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Iwobi
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 19:35
What a shambles.
A fish rots from the head, Wenger should fine himself first. The club is rotten

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Re: Iwobi
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 20:35
Iwobi is f.ucking s.hit enough, never mind after partying all night.

That said in fairness to him being thrown under the bus, you never know how much some of these stories are exaggerated. There's no proof from what I can see of the time he was out until and certainly no proof of it being 'a drug fueled party to the early hours'. But then you wouldn't expect anything else from The Sun would you.

He also needs to get some better friends who maybe don't shop you on social media if you do go out.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Bergmars (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 20:41
It's in a worse state than many realise look at the squad we now have it's terrible.Take Ozil and Sanchez out Jack's not been offered a new contract yet, Coquelins on the move and how many sicknotes do we have.
One keepeĊ• is past it and the others not good enough.
Our summer window was awful how could we let Gabriel leave when one of our remainder is over the hill and two in Chambers and Holding are not up to it.It's an amazing and disgraceful state of affairs quiete what the long or short term plan is goodness only knows.

Under new managment

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 21:02 by Bergmars.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 20:45
^How there's still morons out their backing Wenger is beyond me. He has well and truly dragged us into the gutter, where this season 6th place is likely the best we'll get.

Heaven knows what next season, maybe not even top half. We're awful.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Shane (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 20:48
The players don't fear Wenger enough. Rio Ferdinand once claimed Alex Ferguson ran United like "the Mafia" when he was there, and how getting away with going on the p*ss was virtually impossible because he had a squad of spies keeping an eye on things. Wenger runs Arsenal like a creche, and if the youngsters sh*t themselves or drag a crayon across the wall for five metres then they're given a spell on the naughty step and told to think about what they done.

That's about as severe a punishment as Iwobi will get, but would he play another match under Ferguson had he went on the p*ss before an FA Cup third-round defeat by lower-league opposition? Obviously not. His United career would be found hanging on a hook in the back of a frozen meat truck, and rightly so.

He shouldn't play for Arsenal again, not only because he's f*cking god awful but because he disrespected the club and so long as that's permissible then these results and behaviours will continue under Wenger every now and again. It's completely inevitable.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 13:25
Iwobi is arguably the most naturally talented player in the squad. But his on field decision making is poor and has not improved on a consistent basis since he burst into the first team. Alot of that has to do with coaching.

Goofle (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 13:57
He's not anywhere near the most naturally talented player.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 14:46
he's not even talented.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 16:49
He doesn't have a great first touch, something i didnt realize before some he is generally good with dribble / keeping the ball

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 18:44
I guess you meant the most limited player. Iwobi is the same @#$%& as Sanogo. Both two talentless players nowhere good enough to play at this level. The only reason they have found themselves here is because Wenger still wants to prove he can create a new Henry out of nothing.

Swantoddy (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 18:59
Iwobi should be thanking his lucky stars that he is anywhere near the arsenal squad never mind going out before games . He is awful

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 21:15
Quote:
Goofle

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 22:43
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
Goofle

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

younghansolo (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 03:28
I do wonder though what the attitude towards him would be if he had declared for England.

Personally I think he is preventing better players getting game time.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 13:00
You can find better players than him in any South American league lol

DPGZ (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 14:34
off the top of my head i can confirm hes better than walcott and welbeck. so its difficult to blame him when those are the players he can look up to.

He keeps the ball very well, breaks through lines time and time again. His decision making is @#$%& poor and that is where a coach can change his career for good.

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 14:57
Typical Wenger forcing a favorite player into the team and not willing to change when the form drops.

No other manager would keep starting him game in and game out in the form he is in.

Xhaka is another one, that I can not understand why he keeps starting.

Reward the bench players and make the others hungry to try harder.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 16:02
It's ludicrous to suggest he's better than theo or welbeck

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 18:37
For all the hate Walcott currently gets, and how his career has descended to this point, Walcott at Iwobi's age had accomplished much more than the latter. I for one will be grateful for his contribution during his early years here.

Give me 19 year Walcott any day over the @#$%& Iwobi is.

litmus (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 09:28
Walcott has been in bad form for couple of years but he has scored more goals and made more assists than Iwobi has over the same number of games. How many games has Iwobi influenced?

Why do people keep on saying Iwobi is very talented?

There are many more talented youngsters at all EPL clubs, the only difference is that they dont get to play, hence nobody knows them whereas Iwobi plays in like 70 percent of our games. Like AW says, it takes courage to play young players when everyone demands you to succeed. So its a clear sign that although AW probably knows Iwobi is not good enough (to the detriment of the club), he keeps on starting him in games to develop him. Its proof that AW prioritise player development to winning.

The other extreme is Chelsea who don't give their top talents like Matic (first time round), Salah and De Bruyne, Kennedy, Solanke, Ake, even that wonderkid Josh McEachran (whom Real Madrid wanted at 17) much chance as they chase glory on all fronts.

At least at Chelsea, players have to develop into super quality players before they get into the first team. at Arsenal, Iwobi who is currently a B class player plays in most of our games.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 14:05
I have no problem with younger players getting game time ... providing they're good enough.

Cole, Cesc, Jack all broke though because of their talent and got game time because even though they were still youngsters learning their craft, they were to players in the making.

Iwobi isn't, he's s.hit.

DPGZ (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 16:07
Walcott had achieved nothing at Iwobis age. Zilch. He was pampered wheh he should have been booted out a long time ago. Always weak in the tackle but scored goals because he played in a vastly better arsenal side.

Iwobi is already thrust in a leadership position where so much is expected after only one full season.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:31
I think thr above post is pretty fair. Iwobi isn't cesc.

Its wengers fault if he is trying to put him where he doesn't yet belong.
But although he isnt @#$%&, the signs arent of a player like cesc but maybe someone like hleb. Probably work well in a setup but wont get you a lot of goals

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 09:07
Hleb? Errr no he's s.hit.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 11:06
I'm not asking he is as good as hleb. I'm asking he will never be better even if he has headroom.
He doesn't look like a player who even if reaches his full potential, that that potential is enough to make him effective in every set up. His shooting is pbm just like it was for hleb.

Not being able to score always puts a cap on your overall effectiveness as an attacking player

Bergmars (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 13:35
Basically we have far too many players in all positions that fall below the required standard.That falls at one man's door there has been a noticeable decline in the last two seasons but by enlarge it's been twelve years since we have truly looked capable of winning the big prizes.Too many players have enjoyed earning very good rewards whilst going through the motions wothout consequence or accountability.This permeates throughout the club starting at the very top.

Under new managment

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net