Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 07:05
If signing ox was underwhelming, mahrez is a very good signing.

They have work horses all over the park, mahrez is an out and out flair player like ozil is.

If we signed mahrez, it would have been great, but not as good as it will be for liverpool who have lot other players in the team that can win the ball back.

I rate him offensively very highly because he has the intelligence of a top level player in terms of both decision making as well as execution.
I would expect him to be a big hit at pool

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2018 07:06 by CazOnARola.

Re: Mahrez
younghansolo (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 07:24
He’s as hot and cold as ozil has been in recent years and as much as the is still is.

Replacing Sanchez with him would have been a massive mistake imo.

At least Lemar guarantees goals and assists in high numbers. But Sanchez, as frustrating as he is, will be hard to replace.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 08:36
Agreed am not sure if he fits in or setup. But i think he will for liverpool.

Overall Liverpool team do not have a lot of players who make good decisions consistently.

They are playing the they are through a lot of physical effort and tactical drilling.
The only player they had that does that was coutinnho, and that is where i feel mahrez is a good fit for them.

If we had a lot work horses who are willing to win the ball back and just run into spaces instead of trying to create themselves, ozil would have been more effective as well than he has been.

Lemar i havent seen enough to comment on.

Flava (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 11:33
Lemar doesn't get many, does he?

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 12:50
Lemar is average and doesn't score that many.

We should go all out for Guedes. He's going to be one of the best wingers. We should do a swap deal with PSG for Sanchez.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 15:16
Mahrez will do great for Liverpool.

We would have replaced Coutinho with a 16 year old Bosnian chap probably.

litmus (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 05:17
Those who don't really want Mahrez, are you guys nuts?

One of the reason that we are doing so poorly especially against defensive teams is we hardly have any penetration from the wide areas. This is especially true on the right wing. Yes Bellerin did gave one of his one in a blue moon assist for Sanchez against Liverpool, but most of the time, he end up passing it back inside where its congested.

Mahrez would offer us something that we do not have. A player who is that is unpredictably good, full of trickery and most importantly, can score goals and cause havoc to defences. I am tired of seeing average players playing for us. Its not their fault that they are average, maybe they are trying the best they can, but lack the abilities.

So, why not get a player like Mahrez? Ozil is a different type of player than Mahrez. Only fools or those who never played the game would agree with Wenger's statement that we already have similar players to Mahrez in Ozil, Iwobi. Thats just plain silly.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 05:55
Litmus the only issue is not that we have similar players but we lack ball winners all over the park.

As an attacker, i actually prefer mahrez over sanchez cause mahrez has the intelligence to do the right thing most times and can execute passes consistently well.

We lack goals left right and centre because we have only a handful of people to win back possession.

Coquelin, kos, ramsey, bellerin, mustafi, mustafi and maybe welbeck.
Sanchez hasnt won a tackle for months which is obv because his head isn't here.

Thsts a sorry picture considering welbeck and coquelin don't start and others barring Ramsey are defenders.

Sanchez atleast pretends to defend and press.

We have to go make a lot of changes to the starting lineup before we play mahrez is also like ozil when it comes to defending

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 05:59
My personal preference currently considering we don't have good enough defense to play as a back 4 would be to sell sanchez, bring in mahrez and play with ozil mahrez and laca uptop.

And play coquelin and ramsey to sit deep always like two DMs in all tough matches and maybe ramsey can go further against weak teams.

Of course the opposition will have a majority of the possession in this system. But of course we play @#$%& possession based football thinking teams will press its and get tired. It hadn't been working for more than 5 years

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing