football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Arsenal target Aubameyang.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 12:29
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is Arsenal's first choice to replace Alexis Sanchez if the Chilean joins Manchester City, according to Sky in Italy. (Sm22)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Re: Arsenal target Aubameyang.
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 14:06
Journos worth nothing else to do. Besides he won't help us with the pbms we have all over the pitch

Bergmars (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 15:17
Bet we are not his first choice.

A shadow of what we were

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 17:09
Was my first choice target last summer, and in a couple of the previous summers as well. Not really heard much about him this season.

SandyB (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 17:17
Another striker??

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 17:22
I assume he'd be an Alexis replacement, playing off Lacazette as an improved version of what Lacazette and Welbeck were doing at the start of the season?

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 17:23
Not gonna happen

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 17:23
Not that I'd be against another striker as I've not been overly impressed with Lacazette. Failed the big test.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 17:40
Lacazette finishing has deserted him. He isn't calm in front of goal. Still hung over from that de gea save. We need a new manager. There's no point buying ppl who the new manager might discard. So for the first time in a long time, ill be happy if we don't buy anyone in jan and the summer.

I want sanchez replaced by Nelson/welbeck and then wenger retiring in 2019

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 17:43
Quote:
CazOnARola
Lacazette finishing has deserted him. He isn't calm in front of goal. Still hung over from that de gea save. We need a new manager. There's no point buying ppl who the new manager might discard. So for the first time in a long time, ill be happy if we don't buy anyone in jan and the summer.
I want sanchez replaced by Nelson/welbeck and then wenger retiring in 2019

I may be oversimplifying things but when I saw highlights of Lacazette he always struck me as a player who needs chances. In our team he's lucky to get one or two touches a match, let alone chances, or even half-chances.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 03:22
He has got a couple of good chances in the last match, one was s clear goal scoring opportunity which he blasted instead of assuming for the corner.

He needs a couple of thrn to go in. He has good instincts in the box. Once ramsey is back, he will start scoring.

At the moment apart from sanchez and ozil, nobody moves the ball forward, they need to come deep every time to get it into the opposition half.

Wilshere is not the same player he was. So many times i saw him pointing fingers at defenders to pad out to cech /other defenders instead of him coming in to recieve like he used to.

He still has the ball control, but doesn't seem to have stamina, anyways seems to be walking around most of the time, conserving energy. Almost like someone who had been smoking for years

MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 08:20
Quote:
CazOnARola
He has got a couple of good chances in the last match, one was s clear goal scoring opportunity which he blasted instead of assuming for the corner.
He needs a couple of thrn to go in. He has good instincts in the box. Once ramsey is back, he will start scoring.

At the moment apart from sanchez and ozil, nobody moves the ball forward, they need to come deep every time to get it into the opposition half.

Wilshere is not the same player he was. So many times i saw him pointing fingers at defenders to pad out to cech /other defenders instead of him coming in to recieve like he used to.

He still has the ball control, but doesn't seem to have stamina, anyways seems to be walking around most of the time, conserving energy. Almost like someone who had been smoking for years

I had 7aside on Wednesday and need to get back into my football after two weeks off, so I didn't watch the Chelsea games, but I heard Lacazette had a couple of good chances. In the games prior he's been starved of touches though.

Hopefully Ramsey coming back will improve things for him. I believe Ramsey has assisted half at Lacazette's goals this season, or something like that?

The Wilshere smoking thing could be pretty accurate actually! Hopefully he is working on his fitness though because at the moment, whist the quality on the ball is undeniable, he does look pretty pedestrian.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 11:39
Ramsey runs forward like a headless chicken and unbalances the team. We're unbeaten since his injury.

Wilshere fitness leavels are good, look at the tackle he made for our 3rd goal against Liverpool the other day.
Give him a few weeks and he'll get that burst of pace back which can only come with games

Laca's problem is his lack of pace. He can't get away from defenders. I said it would be from the start. His touch and hold up and link up play is vey good but without pace you'll struggle with the gane we're trying to play.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 13:16
An unbeaten run consisting of 4 draws and 2 narrow wins against Newcastle and Palace? Yeah fantastic stuff.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 13:19
As much as I like Aubameyang I don't see a 28/ 29 year old Aubameyang fitting into, what I am assuming is, our new "compete with the big boys" transfer strategy.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 16:03
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Laca's problem is his lack of pace. He can't get away from defenders. I said it would be from the start. His touch and hold up and link up play is vey good but without pace you'll struggle with the gane we're trying to play.

Van Persie didn't have much pace and yet he didn't need it.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 03:55
Space doesn't matter if de gea is going to save your shots or courtois.

He has created a lot of good chances for himself in dec by spinning around defenders.

He is faster that rvp over 2 years by fraction, just stands to smack them hard to the side of the keeper rather than going for the corners and the gk he had faced have all done enough and some times more than enough to thwart him.

Gs, wilshere is doing the same thing. He isn't coming back to recieve the ball.

Ramsey is spending his time near lacazette and wilshere is doing it near the centre circle because of his lack of stamina. He isn't going up and down and coming back to receive the ball and driving forward.

Wenger has finally asked ozil to do it, alexis does it naturally.

This is cause forget cazorla, we don't have enough consistency to get the ball out even as much as we did with arteta. Arteta could atleat keep the ball a little bit against weaker team s, xhaka looks allergic to it. He has to release within 3 secs irrespective of whether he has passing options. He will just pass to the opposition if need be.

Wilshere s stamina is gone. Unless that comes back up, our CM is woeful rite now

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:21
Guangzhou Evergrande have reached an agreement in principle with Borussia Dortmund to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for €72m, reports Sina Sports.

Aubameyang was linked with a move to China last summer – Tianjin Quanjian wanted to secure his services – and it appears as though he will head east this month.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

MattySadler (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:05
That's a shame

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net