football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Guardiola will buy Alexis tomorrow ...
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 14:14
G. Jesus seems to suffer a serious injury ...
David Silva and Aguero are injured-prone.

De Bruyne was stretchered off and later seen limping between with supports from 2 Man City trainers. Some said he had broken something ...

Certainly, Guardiola cannot wait for summer transfer window but he needs Alexis now.

And Wenger, smelling blood, will certainly demand £60m or no deal!

And Guardiola replied: "Take Yaya Toure as a make-weight!"

"Everybody has the will to win but only the best have the will to prepare to win.”
Bill Parcells

Re: Guardiola will buy Alexis tomorrow ...
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 14:27
Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus could be set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after suffering an apparently serious knee injury during this afternoon's Premier League clash with Crystal Palace.
Jesus fell awkwardly during the 11th minute of the contest at Selhurst Park, but initially attempted to play on through the pain.
However, it soon become clear that he would need to be withdrawn, and the Brazilian was consoled by manager Pep Guardiola as he left the field in tears.
Early reports suggest that Jesus fears he may have damaged his knee ligaments, which would be a similar injury to those sustained by teammates Benjamin Mendy and Ilkay Gundogan.
Should that be the case then the 20-year-old would likely miss the remainder of the season and would also be a major doubt for this summer's World Cup in Russia.

–[www.sportsmole.co.uk]

Bergmars (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 17:28
Why City want him is beyond me.

A shadow of what we were

SandyB (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 18:37
Don’t dream of 60m merl, they aren’t Arsenal GJ will not be out for long n De Bruyene maximum for 2 weeks.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 18:51
Quote:
Bergmars
This

SandyB (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 18:59
Quote:
Bergmars
coz they want to build world class 3 men front line n neither Sane or Sterling are in that bracket. GJ or Auguero aren’t good on the wing.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:17
Well it must have escaped me he's the worst passer in our mob and that's the crux of their game give me Sane any day.

A shadow of what we were

SandyB (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:29
Quote:
Bergmars
Well it must have escaped me he's the worst passer in our mob and that's the crux of their game give me Sane any day.
Sane isn’t great passer either, pretty selfish wing forward who’s actually pretty misfit in Guardiola’s sytem actually Sterling might be slightly better but both are pretty poor in goal conversion n I’m talking about a team who could compete with Madrid, Barca, PSG, Bayern to win the CL meaning the world class standard. Neither Sane nor Sterling is there Alexis on the other hand will walk into City, Bayern or even PSG’s top 3 any day. PSG could actually sacrifice Cavani n form Neymar, Mbappe, Alexis trio to get better self creation n scoring ratio. The only problem with Alexis he isn’t getting younger n not really long term solution but any worldclass team getting him on free is no brainer.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 23:21
And yes, why Alexis, like Vieira, suddenly realized that he needed to up his form to impress his prospective employer in either January or July.
I will say January is the best since WC2018 will invariably unearth gems similar or better and younger than him.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 23:32
Quote:
SandyB
Don’t dream of 60m merl, they aren’t Arsenal GJ will not be out for long n De Bruyene maximum for 2 weeks.

Gabriel Jesus collapsed in a heap in the first half and broke down in tears as he was forced off, while Kevin De Bruyne was stretchered off at the death after a poor challenge from Jason Puncheon.

Both injuries appeared to be serious and Guardiola is expecting Jesus to be out for at least a month, although he’s hopeful over De Bruyne’s problem.

‘He’s injured,’ he said of Jesus. ‘Hopefully it won’t be too tough: one month maybe two months. ‘Kevin we were lucky. We were lucky in the past. I don’t know what will happen in the future about that last action.’

Read more: [metro.co.uk]
Twitter: [twitter.com] | Facebook: [www.facebook.com]

younghansolo (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 23:43
Let him go. He's not going to win us enough points to push us into the higher echelon so I'd rather give his place to son ejcwho wants to wear the shirt

Bergmars (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 10:41
It's on a loop all top players get pi$$ed player for the clueless one

A shadow of what we were

SuperRob (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 12:33
Quote:
younghansolo
Let him go. He's not going to win us enough points to push us into the higher echelon so I'd rather give his place to son ejcwho wants to wear the shirt

I understand the thought process...

1) Our most expensive star players haven't taken us to the top
2) They've lost desire
3) So sell them and bring in someone who has desire, even if they don't have as much talent

But that won't help us get any better.

Sanchez and Ozil have the talent to win us games if their mindset was right. Iwobi and Welbeck don't have the same level of talent no matter how much they try. We need more players who are as good as Sanchez and Ozil. We're never going to improve if we keep selling our best players every few years while dross like Walcott stick around for 10 years not contributing anything.

This is what we should be saying

2) They've lost desire
3) We should bring in more star players with the same level of talent and get rid of the players who don't have what it takes.

If the club had made a statement of intent last summer by buying a world class centre midfielder and centre back plus a decent left back, Sanchez and Ozil would have had more patience and wouldn't be running down their contracts. From their point of view, they see a club without ambition and they want out. That's fair.

From a fans point of view, we should be having a go at the club for not showing enough ambition to make our best players want to stay, not having a go at the players for seeing the club for what it is and wanting out.

This has been going for long enough.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 12:35
(Sm152)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Bergmars (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 12:39
Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
younghansolo

2) They've lost desire
3) So sell them and bring in someone who has desire, even if they don't have as much talent

Sanchez and Ozil have the talent to win us games if their mindset was right. Iwobi and Welbeck don't have the same level of talent no matter how much they try. We need more players who are as good as Sanchez and Ozil. We're never going to improve if we keep selling our best players every few years while dross like Walcott stick around for 10 years not contributing anything.

2) They've lost desire
3) We should bring in more star players with the same level of talent and get rid of the players who don't have what it takes.

If the club had made a statement of intent last summer by buying a world class centre midfielder and centre back plus a decent left back, Sanchez and Ozil would have had more patience and wouldn't be running down their contracts. From their point of view, they see a club without ambition and they want out. That's fair.

From a fans point of view, we should be having a go at the club for not showing enough ambition to make our best players want to stay, not having a go at the players for seeing the club for what it is and wanting out.

We've tried that the club don't care

A shadow of what we were

celine dion (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 19:55
Football is all about catching the wind. You have to be ready in the wings to stake your claim for a major trophy if things dont fall right for the teams that are naturally better than you. The most extreme example is when Leicester won the league. In Arsenals case, they have had opportunities to win the league with 3 months to go because they have been knocked out of the CL early and can concentrate on 1 game a week and put a run together. For bigger clubs even Conte and Mourinho have found that what looked brilliant one season suddenly went wrong the following one for very small basic reasons like a) a couple of big players going out of form b) a couple of rival clubs with more money finding the right blend and steaming ahead.

Where Wenger goes wrong and the reason so many people have no patience with him is that he completely fails to capture any kind of advantage in these situations. Generally this is to do with defensive frailties that mean Arsenal lose to silly teams that the other larger clubs would not lose to, particularly away from home. Also his pathetic starts to consecutive seasons where for whatever reason he is still mucking about with his team in mid September and has often lost 1-2 games in the first few matches of the league season. this is not lost on the better players in the squad i.e. Sanchez RVP Nasri Fabregas Adebayor Cole etc so look at what is going on internally and because unlike Wenger they do not have unlimited opportunities to make something of their careers they decide to move on. So by the same token Wenger loses any momentum he may have had season to season and we are stuck in this kind of stasis whereby the actual groundwork he has done on building a team isn't that bad but it will never move on to any significant level and he will be left blundering around making p*ss poor excuses for himself or relying on misleading statistics and / or conspiracy theories to cover for his own lack of vision.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 14:54
Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
younghansolo

2) They've lost desire

2) They've lost desire

I agree with evening except about its fair for players to leave.

Most of these players are responsible for the overall bad performance of the team. Be it rvp/cesc,/nasri and whn alexis and ozil. Their performances in the second half of the seasons /big games / injuries were major reasons why their teams failed unlike players like suarez and banks who actually had "complete" seasons.

Most of our lot are @#$%& who were major contributors to the failures. Be it fitness /big match temparament and consistency.

Manager is obv a pbm the players can't really wash their hands off the blame

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net