football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Palace Tonight.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 22:20
A good 3 points.
Expected Palace to really go at us but in fairness we mostly bossed the game.
Should have scored more.

Thought Sanchez was star man tonight.
2 good goals.
Tracked back.
And actually celebrated with rest of team for the Mustafi goal.

I'm probably one of the few who hopes he stays.
He can make things happen and can actually score goals.

If he does go we definitely won't replace him with another top class player.

And Lacazette certainly isn't the answer.
He looks totally pi*sed off now as it is.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Re: Palace Tonight.
nomi_gooner (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 22:31
It is fair if Sanchez left. I will totally understand it. He is the only world-class player in our team.

Wenger can buy ronaldo,messi,neymar and will still not win anything now. If i was in Sanchez's place then i would def leave. He deserves to win trophies which can't happen under wenger. If Sanchez was in a club like Spurs then we would expect him to leave and unfortunately currently tottenham is a better team than us.

Wenger is an extremely selfish person. I have 0 respect for him anymore. He has disrespected his own legacy because he didn't want to leave an easy job with a premium package.

He has destroyed Arsenal as a club in the last few years. We are a laughing stock now.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 22:47
Alexis scored two and worked his socks off but he was dogshit on the ball.

We play the worst, most boring, predictable football going. Absolute snore.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 22:50
I thought Jack had a good game with a memorable assist for Sanchez, we got close to blowing it but steadied the ship. Our defence is poor and it reflects in the goal diff.
This is not a team heading for the top four in May

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Flava (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 22:56
Bellerin needs dropping for AMN or Debuchy

MattySadler (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 23:21
Didn't think Wilshere's assist was all that. Alexis's first touch made it.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 00:17
Quote:
MattySadler
Didn't think Wilshere's assist was all that. Alexis's first touch made it.

I knew you'd be crying along with the other Ramsey fanboys!

If you don't think it "was all that," then you don't understand the game!

The weight of the pass is what made the goal, it was a top drawer pass!

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 00:46
Jack played well for me and no question about Alexis, but he has to go.

How Hector and Granit still start is beyond me.

Feel bad for Alexander, just can't catch a break and can't play full game.

Shane (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 02:13
I dislike Xhaka as much as anyone but I thought he was alright last night for the most part.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 03:43
It was a good pass. One we expect midfielders to make given their role, especially in that kind of space. Let's not get over excited. And I say that as a huge Wilshire fan.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 06:08
I'm not saying it wasn't "good", I'm just not losing my sh8t over it. The touch made it. I thought Wilshere was our best player personally. Worked hard, showed good feet and used the ball well. Fitness will improve as well, if he stays here long enough...

Will get on with the player ratings.

De Times (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 06:43
Quote:
nomi_gooner
It is fair if Sanchez left. I will totally understand it. He is the only world-class player in our team.
Wenger can buy ronaldo,messi,neymar and will still not win anything now. If i was in Sanchez's place then i would def leave. He deserves to win trophies which can't happen under wenger. If Sanchez was in a club like Spurs then we would expect him to leave and unfortunately currently tottenham is a better team than us.

Wenger is an extremely selfish person. I have 0 respect for him anymore. He has disrespected his own legacy because he didn't want to leave an easy job with a premium package.

He has destroyed Arsenal as a club in the last few years. We are a laughing stock now.

"A club is a union between players, supporters and directors". - Wenger.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

De Times (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 06:50
Quote:
MattySadler
Stop talking rubbish. Our football may be boring to us as Arsenal fans because we changed tactics and have been used to better football, but we're still the best passing team in the league by far. If you think we're boring then start watching your other favourite team week after week to see what is boredom. I get bored watching every other team in the league too, especially Manchester City, so what are you saying?

Arsenal only need two elements in the team to retain their title as the most exciting team in modern history, a top striker like Henry and a world class ball winner in the middle. Those two elements would change a lot for us.

Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

De Times (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 06:52
Quote:
Padre Pio
I thought Jack had a good game with a memorable assist for Sanchez, we got close to blowing it but steadied the ship. Our defence is poor and it reflects in the goal diff.
This is not a team heading for the top four in May
Jack was our best player, Sanchez only worked hard and scored, but Jack was the creator who even worked harder. Jack was also consistently good.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 08:41
Quote:
De Times
Quote:
MattySadler
Stop talking rubbish. Our football may be boring to us as Arsenal fans because we changed tactics and have been used to better football, but we're still the best passing team in the league by far. If you think we're boring then start watching your other favourite team week after week to see what is boredom. I get bored watching every other team in the league too, especially Manchester City, so what are you saying?

Arsenal only need two elements in the team to retain their title as the most exciting team in modern history, a top striker like Henry and a world class ball winner in the middle. Those two elements would change a lot for us.

You're a mentalist. Best passing team, hilarious. City actually pass with intent and are far more exciting to watch. In fact most of the top teams are more exciting to watch, our football is sluggish and predictable.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 09:08
Sorry De Times;

Quote:

Madness. We need more than "two elements", we need multiple, starting with a better manager.

"Good football" is clearly subjective, but I personally find our football painfully boring most of the time. I only enjoy "passing football" if it is done quickly and with intent, like how City are running away with the league, otherwise it is a snore-fest and incredibly easy to defend against. Our slow, sideways passing is no better than Mourinho's "parking the bus", as far as I am concerned.

I like football best when it is played at a high speed, attacking football, but as I'm getting older I've really started to appreciate quality defending as well. That's quality defending, not conceding five goals in our last two games.

De Times (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 09:49
Quote:
hippogunner
Quote:
De Times
Quote:
MattySadler

You're a mentalist. Best passing team, hilarious. City actually pass with intent and are far more exciting to watch. In fact most of the top teams are more exciting to watch, our football is sluggish and predictable.

Flava (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:00
Arsenal are generally awful to watch. This season has been a shambles. The players aren't actually that bad, a quality manager would get sn extra 10 points out of this lot.

Xhaka played well last night as did Lacazette.

De Times (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:01
Quote:
MattySadler
Sorry De Times;
Quote:

Madness. We need more than "two elements", we need multiple, starting with a better manager.

"Good football" is clearly subjective, but I personally find our football painfully boring most of the time. I only enjoy "passing football" if it is done quickly and with intent, like how City are running away with the league, otherwise it is a snore-fest and incredibly easy to defend against. Our slow, sideways passing is no better than Mourinho's "parking the bus", as far as I am concerned.

I like football best when it is played at a high speed, attacking football, but as I'm getting older I've really started to appreciate quality defending as well. That's quality defending, not conceding five goals in our last two games.

De Times (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:05
Quote:
Flava
Arsenal are generally awful to watch. This season has been a shambles. The players aren't actually that bad, a quality manager would get sn extra 10 points out of this lot.
When you say the players aren't that bad you forgot who signed them. You also forget that no player has been better elsewhere than they were under Wenger, the latest is Chamberlain.

Flava (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:28
Quote:
De Times
Quote:
Flava
When you say the players aren't that bad you forgot who signed them. You also forget that no player has been better elsewhere than they were under Wenger, the latest is Chamberlain.

What utter tripe.

Szczesny went on loan and ripped it up in Serie A and is now the replacement for one of the greatest keepers of all time.
Gabriel went to Valencia after being pretty poor here and has taken a team who nearly got relegated to 4th in the league
Gnarly had such a good season Bayern Munich bought him

Ox is starting to put together a few decent performances now, he's only been there 3 months and he's scored 3 goals already, making it his 3rd best ever season for goals so f.uck off!

De Times (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:42
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
De Times
Quote:
Flava

What utter tripe.

Szczesny went on loan and ripped it up in Serie A and is now the replacement for one of the greatest keepers of all time.
Gabriel went to Valencia after being pretty poor here and has taken a team who nearly got relegated to 4th in the league

Ox is starting to put together a few decent performances now, he's only been there 3 months and he's scored 3 goals already, making it his 3rd best ever season for goals so f.uck off!
Szczesny left because of disciplinary issues and other issues off the field. Before then he had won one or two golden gloves in the league with us. Whatever he's doing now is normal considering that goalkeepers improve with age.

Gabriel being in a Valencia team that is doing relatively better than before doesn't automatically translate to him being better than he was at Arsenal.

Gnabry was very good playing for us but only had issues with injury. After then he wanted to go somewhere else where he would get regular first team football. Today he's still playing for a bottom half team and still not good enough to play for Bayern yet.

AOC has been rubbish so far, and three goals hasn't changed that at all. It seems your short memory has made you forget that he was so good at Arsenal we sold him for 40 million.

All the players you've mentioned here only proves my earlier point. Wenger has been at Arsenal for over 20 years, yet see the names you can come up with.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/12/2017 22:38 by De Times.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 11:25
We must have won, DeTimes has crawled from under his rock chatting nonsense as usual.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

MattySadler (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:10
Why is he just quoting tweets? Am I missing something?

Quote:
Flava
Quote:
De Times
Quote:
Flava

What utter tripe.

Agree with all of that ^.

Flava (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:34
It's because he's a moron mate.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:50
I don't comment on his posts they are not worth it

Under new managment

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net