football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Why was Kolasinac benched?
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 20:55
#1 - To give his hip problem or tight hamstring a rest?

#2 - Wenger's rotation policy to reserve him for the hectic Christmas Weekend?

#3 - Or Wenger is up to his old tricks of playing only his favorites despite form and refusing to drop his Wenger Wunderkinds after investing years in nurturing and coaching them?

I tend to favor #3 as those awful out-of-form players who did not step up was not dropped at all.

#a - Why continue to play Bellerin when you have a better option in Maitland-Niles or Chambers and even Debuchy?

#b - Why play an awful Iwobi who never step up last season nor so far, this season?

#c - why play a disinterested Alexis who did not step up at all this season and just did enough not to be booed out of the stadium?

Now, Lacazette had gone flat and also did not step up to build on his scintillating start of the season.

I will rather play a committed Walcott who can put in a decent cross by far better than Bellerin or Iwobi; and willing to track back swiftly rather than a jogging Iwobi.

Re: Why was Kolasinac benched?
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 23:40
Might be due to Injury but he has not been that hot recently

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Goofle (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 04:20
Cause he's sh*t.

DPGZ (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 06:20
totally agree..hes not as good as we think he is and very defensively suspect

DPGZ (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 06:22
I though Iwobi was fantastic for the first 60 minutes yesterday. Much better than wilshere.Nobody is slating wilshere who has missed two sitters in two games and created very few chances apart from running around. Ramsey would have created more chances and scored.

SandyB (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 14:48
Quote:
Goofle
Cause he's sh*t.
Agree...nothing to talk about.

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 15:20
I disagree, he adds strength that we do not have at the back and links up well with others.

Wenger just playing head games with the new signings as usual.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 17:48
Not living up to the hype but how does He's Not keep his placr

Under new managment

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 04:59
Kolasinac is the worst when it comes to completing simple passes out of defense. Landed is in trouble a few times. His pass to bellerin is what cost us the first goal against pool.

He is good on the dribble and could when needed. Not the best positionally either. Best suited to lwb.

If we are going to play 4 at the back, we are screqed either ways with Maitland a liability positionally.

Against salah though you need peace first before recovery so expect bellerin and niles to get the nod.

Wenger dug a hole for himself by buying a player who is average in possession and average defensively.
Dribble and shooting alone can't cut for the type of football wenger is trying to play

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/12/2017 10:38 by CazOnARola.

Flava (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 09:29
Yes, he's sh.it. Made the Bumdesliga team of the year though but you know.....

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 10:35
I didnt say he was @#$%&. I said he is the most guilty when it it comes to misplacing passes when we are plain by the ball out from defense.
I have never seen him play in the bundesliga, so I'm saying that based on his performances for us.

He has good close control and finishing /final ball compared to our other fullbacks. He misplaces passes just like xhaka and also is suspect positionally in the games for us.
When you compare him to maintland niles, the only question mark is defensively for MN. Ribery tore him to pieces in the friendly. Lets see what happens against salah

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 15:48
We talk about misplaced passes from K, but really when the Xhaka has so many and its his supposedly strength?

K adds strength to the back four and against quality players will not go so much forward, team of the year in Germany because he is crap, really.

Why is he not playing and Hector is or Xhaka is?

Wenger shows no consisitency in when its time to rotate or bench a player.

Goofle (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 16:53
Coquelin should play wing back.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 03:10
Quote:
Trent2000
We talk about misplaced passes from K, but really when the Xhaka has so many and its his supposedly strength?
K adds strength to the back four and against quality players will not go so much forward, team of the year in Germany because he is crap, really.

Why is he not playing and Hector is or Xhaka is?

Wenger shows no consisitency in when its time to rotate or bench a player.
That was my comment not wengers. Imho wenger is not playing him cause MN is miles better than both him and bellerin in the final third and if you are going to play a back 5, you need your wingbacks to be top notch in tbf final third. Look st alonso, valencia, etc. All of us wpuld have seen how comfortable MN is on the ball and how crosses of both feet

Bergmars (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 13:43
[quote Bergmars]Not living up to the hype but how does Xakha keep his place /quote]

Under new managment

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net