football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

LA Rams are heading for play-off with 31-year-old head coach
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 20:50
Look like Silent Stan has a decent team now to beautify his US$3-billion Inglewood project.

And he employed the youngest head coach in NFL; 31-year-old Sean McVay.

Arsene Wenger is performing like his previous ST. Louis Rams - Jeff Fisher.

If Arsenal does not make the "play-off", i.e. Top-4 finish, perhaps Silent Stan will do a "Sean McVay" and employed a fresh and young Head Coach, say, like Eddie Howe, Marco Silva, Marcelino Gracia Toral, et. al. ... instead of continuing with another 60+ year old tired old man, proven winner but long passed expiry date.

When you go home, tell them of us and say
For their tomorrow, we gave our today.
John Maxwell Edmonds

Re: LA Rams are heading for play-off with 31-year-old head coach
tigerline (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 21:13
Quote:
Merlion96
Look like Silent Stan has a decent team now to beautify his US$3-billion Inglewood project.
And he employed the youngest head coach in NFL; 31-year-old Sean McVay.

Arsene Wenger is performing like his previous ST. Louis Rams - Jeff Fisher.

If Arsenal does not make the "play-off", i.e. Top-4 finish, perhaps Silent Stan will do a "Sean McVay" and employed a fresh and young Head Coach, say, like Eddie Howe, Marco Silva, Marcelino Gracia Toral, et. al. ... instead of continuing with another 60+ year old tired old man, proven winner but long passed expiry date.

Good analogy.

We can but hope that our old fool of an owner has learned that replacing his old fool of a manager can provide a measure of hope and even direct success on the field of play.

Shane (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 23:58
Replacing Wenger with a young manager is a huge backwards step for me Merl.

SandyB (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 00:12
Quote:
Shane
Replacing Wenger with a young manager is a huge backwards step for me Merl.
Shano has limp dick infatuation!

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 12:46
Can't replace Wenger with any coach with no winning record. It will be ManUre/Moyes all over again. Ideal person to replace Wenger imo is Allegri who knows how to build a proper defence and understands the pressure of winning at the highest level.

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 14:58
Why not a young coach, new energy and new direction for team?

Good analogy there with the Rams, we need a change and Eddie Howe would be perfect for

me.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 20:45
Quote:
Trent2000
Why not a young coach, new energy and new direction for team?
Good analogy there with the Rams, we need a change and Eddie Howe would be perfect for

me.

Eddie Howe, to me is just a younger version of post-2005 Wenger, so will we still have the same problems.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Shane (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 21:46
I usually find these conversations pretty sad because they always illustrate how we massively exaggerate how bad a football manager Wenger is. At risk of perpetuating the lie that I'm Wenger's biggest fan, Eddie Howe is simply not in the same sphere as him. Howe is 40, two years older than Wenger when he won Ligue 1 in the same season that Bordeaux were European Cup semi-finalists, which ought to contextualise French football at the time. Then he beat Marseille in the Coupe de France final, the same Marseille side which lost the Champions League final on penalties a week before.

The reason nobody knew who Wenger was in 1996 is because there was no social media; no internet by today's definition; no Sky Sports News coverage of the Ballon d'Or ceremony when George Weah dragged Wenger on stage and gave him his Ballon d'Or award; presumably none or limited TV coverage of French football in the United Kingdom when he was there. He was an unknown because of the era, not because he hadn't achieved anything in football and his achievements back then were a far bigger indicator of his future success at a huge club than Howe's achievements are at Bournemouth.

English men aren't elite football managers any longer, and we know this because Harry Redknapp, with one trophy and one top-four finish, is probably the most successful English manager of the past 30 years. You could argue Alan Pardew is top three, based on two FA Cup runners-up medals. No Englishman has ever won the Premier League as a manager so either Eddie Howe - whose Bournemouth side won the Championship by a point - is going to be the exception out of everybody or, like most up-and-coming English footballers and managers, is grossly overrated.

I'm not dimishing his achievements. Taking Bournemouth from League Two to the Premier League at his age is outstanding, but I don't see how it qualifies him to win the Premier League and the Champions League, which is exactly what a post-Wenger Arsenal needs to be aiming for.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 22:51
I agree Howe isnt good enough. But dont forget Scottish managers are probably the most successful managers so far in Premier League

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

SandyB (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 14:33
I'd prefer Scott Parker over Wenger n Eddie Howe both.....(Sm105)

The only point this discussion proves that how far the mighty Arsene Wenger has fallen from the best manager the universe has ever seen!! (Sm6)

Shane (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 18:43
He hasn't fallen that far mate, and that's the point. There's an osmosis on here in which everybody just absorbs each other's negativity and accepts without question a lot of the hyperbole which gets spewn.

Wenger's decline and Arsenal's decline has been heavily overstated. Ask yourself why our goal for the season every single August is to win the Premier League. That doesn't indicate a decline anywhere near as dramatic as we like to think because expectation levels shift with genuine decline and ours hasn't. We still talk about not winning the Premier League every summer, which is odd because if Wenger and the team were half as bad as we think then even mentioning the word 'title' would be ridiculous.

Nobody's doubting that Wenger is gradually finding it more difficult to keep up, but the fact he isn't a million miles behind, and never will be, is an indication that he's a far better football manager than we'll ever give him credit for again.

Note: I'm not glossing over his failures; I'm just not embelishing them and there's a massive difference.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 18:47
Quote:
Shane
..... Ask yourself why our goal for the season every single August is to win the Premier League. ....

Do u really believe what they say?

Shane (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 19:00
Don't care what the club say. I just know that if you're unhappy with how the season has gone so far, which everyone is, it's because we expected to be challenging for the Premier League title. If our pre-season goal was to get back in the Champions League then it's been a very fruitful season so far, because we're fourth, but that wasn't the goal.

SandyB (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 19:28
Quote:
Shane
Don't care what the club say. I just know that if you're unhappy with how the season has gone so far, which everyone is, it's because we expected to be challenging for the Premier League title. If our pre-season goal was to get back in the Champions League then it's been a very fruitful season so far, because we're fourth, but that wasn't the goal.

Currently 5th. Every Spuds fans believe they are gonna win the Champion's league this season, that means fuc.k all!! Everybody knows at least since 2010 that Arsenal isn't anywhere close to winning the league but that's not the point the point is who brought us here?

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 23:25
It is very easy to prove the decline of Wenger's Arsenal by simply comparing the "emptiness" of Emirates 2017/18 with Emirates 2016/17.

That is an alarming trend of Arsenal fans deserting the stadium in drove.

Apathy had set in.

When you go home, tell them of us and say
For their tomorrow, we gave our today.
John Maxwell Edmonds

Shane (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 00:32
There's far more damning evidence of a decline mate. But the point - and the point that Sandy isn't getting - is that I'm not arguing that there's been no decline. That would be plain stupid. I'm arguing that we have exaggerated the decline and I think the fact that we're all disappointed with how the season has gone so far exposes this contradiction.

There can't be a drastic decline without a simultaneous drastic shift of expectations. Do you think Liverpool fans gave a sh*t about winning the title after they finished eighth in 2016? No because the emphasis first and foremost was getting back into that top four and that's why last season was considered a successful season because they did just that.

But getting back in the top four absolutely wouldn't mark a successful season for us. Why? Because we're not as far away as Liverpool were in 2016. Their decline caused a blatant shift of expectation. But our decline hasn't forced us to re-assess our targets and that's because we haven't fallen as far as we pretend that we have.

Our dissatisfaction over this season is the evidence of what I'm saying.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 01:51
Quote:
Shane
I usually find these conversations pretty sad because they always illustrate how we massively exaggerate how bad a football manager Wenger is. At risk of perpetuating the lie that I'm Wenger's biggest fan, Eddie Howe is simply not in the same sphere as him. Howe is 40, two years older than Wenger when he won Ligue 1 in the same season that Bordeaux were European Cup semi-finalists, which ought to contextualise French football at the time. Then he beat Marseille in the Coupe de France final, the same Marseille side which lost the Champions League final on penalties a week before.
The reason nobody knew who Wenger was in 1996 is because there was no social media; no internet by today's definition; no Sky Sports News coverage of the Ballon d'Or ceremony when George Weah dragged Wenger on stage and gave him his Ballon d'Or award; presumably none or limited TV coverage of French football in the United Kingdom when he was there. He was an unknown because of the era, not because he hadn't achieved anything in football and his achievements back then were a far bigger indicator of his future success at a huge club than Howe's achievements are at Bournemouth.

English men aren't elite football managers any longer, and we know this because Harry Redknapp, with one trophy and one top-four finish, is probably the most successful English manager of the past 30 years. You could argue Alan Pardew is top three, based on two FA Cup runners-up medals. No Englishman has ever won the Premier League as a manager so either Eddie Howe - whose Bournemouth side won the Championship by a point - is going to be the exception out of everybody or, like most up-and-coming English footballers and managers, is grossly overrated.

I'm not dimishing his achievements. Taking Bournemouth from League Two to the Premier League at his age is outstanding, but I don't see how it qualifies him to win the Premier League and the Champions League, which is exactly what a post-Wenger Arsenal needs to be aiming for.
At this level it has to be a manager who knows his way around europe.
It Is not just about handling the pressure which is of course vital, u literally need to know your way around different teams. The reason pep took arteta is precisely because he would not know who the @#$%& stoke city while managing barca/bayern.

Not to mention the respect of the players as well. It worked with zidane cause he is a collosal figure on world football and has the pedigree.

We need someone who has some pedigree. The scottish stats are from the past and probably biased because of the achievements of one scot.
We should not hire a "British" manager period. It has to be simeone, allegri, etc

Shane (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 03:55
Good post mate. I agree.

One thing I will say is that, although I respect Wenger, he shouldn't be included in the selection commitee which decides his replacement. I'm certain he will be, but it's going to be a horrendous decision. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt he'd act in Arsenal's best interest, and lord knows he knows what qualities to look out for in a candidate. Then again, I simply don't trust him to reach the conclusion that dynasties in English football is a bygone concept that won't be seen again for many years.

We know he's all about planning for the future, to the point where he probably visits some obscure French farm in Roussillon every February and watches turkeys in a field for hours on end to decide which one he wants to eat the following Christmas, and he's almost certain to recommend someone who he thinks can oversee an era of dominance.

Problem is, no one team is going to dominate the Premier League for the foreseeable future. The title has been changing hands every single year since 2009 when United defended it and the reality is that there's way too much competition and way too much money involved for any side to monopolise it. I think the elite English clubs have probably realised this and started getting the best, most decorated man possible whereas in the pretty recent past it was en vogue for elite clubs to hire managers not based on what they've achieved, but on what they could achieve - Moyes, Rodgers, Villas-Boas.

Long-term success in the trophy stakes is a great big pie in the sky that Wenger will undoubtedly try and reach nevertheless, leaping like a midget trying to slam dunk an NBA-regulation net. He will, without any shadow of a doubt, ignore the type of managers whose CVs look like phonebooks because in his mind that would be a betrayal to himself. He'd be endorsing short-term success at a huge financial cost, which would be like Rose McGowan endorsing the unconsentual groping of women, or Ricky Gervais kicking a cat up the arrse full force.

We don't want him anywhere near the selection committee. Then again, I don't want anyone at Arsenal there. I have zero faith in their ability to get the right man. With or without Wenger, it's going to be some bloke who has to take us several steps back before taking us forward, but in English football these days that's a guaranteed way of going absolutely f*cking nowhere.

SandyB (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 06:52
I’m not talking about Arsenal’s decline, last week’s 3-1 loss at home against ManU will show the decline n lack of expectations. Even 3 seasons ago when David Moyes’s ManU beat Arsenal there were reactions now a days people take it as expected. 5 or 6 seasons ago Wenger set the bar on top 4 now when that bar has been breached n Wenger still there with a new contract actually I don’t think even the most hardcore of Arsenal fans know what’s the expectations are. I don’t think there will be that much of reactionary revolt even Arsenal don’t finish in top 4 or win Europa this season. My point is Arsenal fans now understand the status quo much better than before n thought of replacing Wenger with Eddie Howe is just the outcome of that giving up effect.

Shane (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 12:29
Here are the threads in the aftermath of the Man City game Sandy. Read them and tell me that Arsenal fans didn't care about losing 3-1. Tell me that defeat was 'taken as expected'.

[www.thefootballnetwork.net]

If we cared about losing 3-1 to this Manchester City team, perhaps the best Manchester City that's ever been, then doesn't that just say a lot about how our decline has been exaggerated? Yes obviously it does. These are the expectations that you're claiming Arsenal fans don't have.

Nobody accepted the United defeat mate I don't know what you're on about. You're confusing the usual lack of venom for acceptance, when actually the lack of venom on here and on Twitter for the most part stems from the fact that there was major positives to be drawn from the defeat. There was and I'm not trying to put a De Times-style spin on it. In fact, those positives - like carving through the best defence in the Premier League for f*cking fun for instance - is one of the five million pieces of evidence to support my debate that Arsenal fans tend to overstate how bad we have become.

SandyB (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 18:01
Not DeTimes style spin, it’s like DeTimes dad style spin!! Even DeTimes don’t give a shi.t nowadays mate! It’s zero expectation season, ask Flava (Sm100)
clear the air

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2017 23:31 by SandyB.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 03:18
We are actually playing much better football than we were when cesc /nasri left or when rvp left. Other teams though are much more organized and much better drilled whereas we have stagnated because of the old backroom staff including wenger himself.

The expectations are down because we didn't spend money back then when we played lord bendtner up top. But now after spending on a considerably large and balanced squad, losing out to Leicester inspite of beating them twice, then missing out on ucl, the contract mess. Ppl are fed up.

So even the most ardent of believers like JIT have stopped believing.
But i agree with shane that we haven't yet declined to the level pool have. But it won't take long cause the competition is more fierce than it has ever been.

No referees are gonna help the fergies win back to back titles. With a better manager/motivated squad, we have the resources to compete with the best as we showed at stamford bridgde earlier.

In the current day and age rises and declines are rapid. Just look at Nokia

Shane (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 08:14
You're right but I don't know if he's ever going to oversee a serious decline. I think he could spend the next 10 years here and not finish below fifth, because for some reason he never loses the dressing room. Actually, I think I do know the reason.

Once any team stops playing for the manager then he's finished, but Wenger, despite some horrific runs of form down the years, never quite fully loses them. The horse never bolts and I can't lie, I quite admire this aspect of his management. I think it's remarkable to manage a team of any kind - be it on the football pitch or an office - in the same role for 21 years and not once make the different generation of workers turn against you indefinitely. It's people management at an astouding level.

Arsenal's lack of ambition isn't the only reason why we haven't fired him. The players are the ones who have saved his job time and time again and that's a reflection of the respect he commands. For the sake of fairness, why do the players put him in that position to begin with? Why doesn't he command their respect until he's about to get the chop? Because - and I expect this to go down like a lead balloon - I think the players are being slightly more literal than we assume when they refer to him as a father figure. I think there's an element of love there. I think they'd disrespect him by robbing money out of his wallet or destroying the house when he's not around, but ultimately I think there's a deep-seated affection for him which makes them want to protect and save him when it looks like he might not be around much longer. Why? It's exactly what he does for them and that's because - this will also go down really well - Wenger is an astonishingly effective leader.

He makes a fool of himself to protect the pack. He makes himself look like an absolute tw*t by defending the same tackle that he'd call on the FA to ban an opposition player for. It's this very self sacrifice that we and neutral fans absolutely cane him for, but the players receive a profoundly powerful message from each and every incident where he puts himself at risk for their sake, and it's an accumulative effect that results in a f*ck load of trust which the players repay when it comes time to saving him. Wenger, like any true leader, eats last because that's the job and he's well aware of it. That's literally why he has lasted so long, because mid-season slumps are invariably arrested before things get really bad, and it's hard to sack him in May because the players give the board enough of a reason to get him another year either by finishing second, third or fourth, or by winning the FA Cup. Don't get me wrong, the board are heavily complicit in Wenger's ongoing presence, but so too are his players. They'll never throw him to the wolves.

Well, if he was such a great leader then why can't he win the Premier League? Because he's also a bit of a tw*t and leadership doesn't compensate for an inferior squad. But leadership from the manager, coupled with an excellent squad, is a f*cking lethal combination and it's very disappointing that he won't strengthen the squad enough to test that theory.

I've reached my quota for positive Wenger posts I think but suffice to say I'm no AKB. There's a lot of things to love and hate about Wenger. Pretending there isn't is more deluded than anything he's ever done.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 13:16
I'm sick of debating Wenger immaterial what we think

A shadow of what we were

SandyB (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 13:40
Quote:
Shane
You're right but I don't know if he's ever going to oversee a serious decline. I think he could spend the next 10 years here and not finish below fifth, because for some reason he never loses the dressing room. Actually, I think I do know the reason.
Once any team stops playing for the manager then he's finished, but Wenger, despite some horrific runs of form down the years, never quite fully loses them. The horse never bolts and I can't lie, I quite admire this aspect of his management. I think it's remarkable to manage a team of any kind - be it on the football pitch or an office - in the same role for 21 years and not once make the different generation of workers turn against you indefinitely. It's people management at an astouding level.

Arsenal's lack of ambition isn't the only reason why we haven't fired him. The players are the ones who have saved his job time and time again and that's a reflection of the respect he commands. For the sake of fairness, why do the players put him in that position to begin with? Why doesn't he command their respect until he's about to get the chop? Because - and I expect this to go down like a lead balloon - I think the players are being slightly more literal than we assume when they refer to him as a father figure. I think there's an element of love there. I think they'd disrespect him by robbing money out of his wallet or destroying the house when he's not around, but ultimately I think there's a deep-seated affection for him which makes them want to protect and save him when it looks like he might not be around much longer. Why? It's exactly what he does for them and that's because - this will also go down really well - Wenger is an astonishingly effective leader.

He makes a fool of himself to protect the pack. He makes himself look like an absolute tw*t by defending the same tackle that he'd call on the FA to ban an opposition player for. It's this very self sacrifice that we and neutral fans absolutely cane him for, but the players receive a profoundly powerful message from each and every incident where he puts himself at risk for their sake, and it's an accumulative effect that results in a f*ck load of trust which the players repay when it comes time to saving him. Wenger, like any true leader, eats last because that's the job and he's well aware of it. That's literally why he has lasted so long, because mid-season slumps are invariably arrested before things get really bad, and it's hard to sack him in May because the players give the board enough of a reason to get him another year either by finishing second, third or fourth, or by winning the FA Cup. Don't get me wrong, the board are heavily complicit in Wenger's ongoing presence, but so too are his players. They'll never throw him to the wolves.

Well, if he was such a great leader then why can't he win the Premier League? Because he's also a bit of a tw*t and leadership doesn't compensate for an inferior squad. But leadership from the manager, coupled with an excellent squad, is a f*cking lethal combination and it's very disappointing that he won't strengthen the squad enough to test that theory.

I've reached my quota for positive Wenger posts I think but suffice to say I'm no AKB. There's a lot of things to love and hate about Wenger. Pretending there isn't is more deluded than anything he's ever done.

It's the AKB devil in you speaking Shano, what dressing room you are talking about where any player consider have future wants to run for their life somewhere else, I don't see more than 6 players in the entire squad has any proper takers so they stay.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 14:30
Who in our squad would those teams above us want prob Sanchez Ozil and maybe Lacazette

A shadow of what we were

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 15:08
There's no question players are loyal to him because he made the careers for most of them, many times at the cost of the club. But players like sanchez and ozil were not and hence they refused to play for him. He had rewarded mediocrity for staunch loyalty. In fact players like cesc and nasri even back stabbed him, esp cesc with 3 years to go on his deal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2017 15:11 by CazOnARola.

Shane (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 15:42
Quote:
SandyB
It's the AKB devil in you speaking Shano, what dressing room you are talking about where any player consider have future wants to run for their life somewhere else, I don't see more than 6 players in the entire squad has any proper takers so they stay.

When I say he's never lost the dressing room I don't mean literally mate. I'm not talking loyalty or wanting to leave the club. Alex Ferguson had players who wanted to leave Manchester United. Does that mean they didn't respect and adore him? Obviously not. Loyalty doesn't come into it.

The team will never revolt against Wenger, never stop playing for him. We know because it's never happened in 21 years and like it or not but it's a glowing reference for him. Had it happened before, we'd know and we'd know because he wouldn't be here! When the team stops believing in their manager the end result is the exact same at any club in any team sport on the planet - even Arsenal.

The next time it looks like Wenger is finished at Arsenal just remember there's a squad of players there who will without any shadow of a doubt do everything they can to avoid that scenario. They literally do it every season. There's a very good reason why Arsenal have never had a disastrous season under Wenger, even when it looks absolutely nailed on that we will, and it stems from an eternal respect that a boss commands from his staff and to have that over 21 years is a phenomenal achievement whether you're in football or waste management.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 15:56
Last year was disastrous considering the squad. It's the best we've ever had. Its disastrous by wengers standard as well. And I agree that the team might play for him, but the nos of holes in strategy are baffling and increasing day by day and the team efforts aren't enough last year, wherein previous years even an aging rosicky was able to breathe live into the layer part of campaigns. So the decline is set to continue if he continues and today within 10 min i knew we wouldn't win this game. Not because they scored, but because of the way we were setup

Shane (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 16:16
There is no decline mate, not anymore. Fifth is about as low as we'll finish under Wenger. You hit the nail on the head earlier when you said stagnant. That's what it is. We're not moving much in either direction, and we won't. That's the problem. Wenger won't win another Premier League title but at the same time he's far too good at this to oversee the type of decline which would result in his sacking because that would mean the players have to throw him to the wolves and, as pointed out, that simply doesn't happen under him.

As for last season, it wasn't a success but it was in no way a disaster. Not having a go because I think you're an excellent poster but I think it's just another example of how Arsenal fans exaggerate the severity of things at the club - the decline, the season, the manager, the players.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2017 16:17 by Shane.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 16:58
Don't put your house on it

A shadow of what we were

SandyB (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 17:13
Last season Arsenal finished 6th not 5th...

Shane (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 17:26
Quote:
SandyB

As I said, Arsenal fans exaggerate the truth and ignore the facts.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 21:32
Quote:
SandyB

Sandy, we missed 4th by one point ... and hoping Liverpool would drawn their 38th game.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 02:27
Quote:
Shane
There is no decline mate, not anymore. Fifth is about as low as we'll finish under Wenger. You hit the nail on the head earlier when you said stagnant. That's what it is. We're not moving much in either direction, and we won't. That's the problem. Wenger won't win another Premier League title but at the same time he's far too good at this to oversee the type of decline which would result in his sacking because that would mean the players have to throw him to the wolves and, as pointed out, that simply doesn't happen under him.
As for last season, it wasn't a success but it was in no way a disaster. Not having a go because I think you're an excellent poster but I think it's just another example of how Arsenal fans exaggerate the severity of things at the club - the decline, the season, the manager, the players.
In todays day and age stagnation is decline. I also pointed to the increased competition and sudden ascent/declines of today by citing thr nokia example.
Went from the largest sellar to bust within 3 years. It had nothing to do with employee morale, etc. Just one bad choice symbian vs android.

I hope u are proven right, but i feel that by stagnating, we are declining and slowly will join liverpool if this continues. Finishing 5th this year again would be a different story as we will be out CL with a need to replace sanchez and ozil. We will have to pay a lot exrta money as incentive to join a non ucl club. Finding hidden gems is a thing of the past.
Yezterday barring ozil, all the passing was so so pedestrian.
Lets hope we aren't declining like you say we aren't

SandyB (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 04:26
Quote:
Merlion96
Quote:
SandyB

Sandy, we missed 4th by one point ... and hoping Liverpool would drawn their 38th game.
My bad, forgot ManU qualified to CL by Europa route. I lost count after losing out Wenger cup! (Sm105)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net