football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

January Transfer Window - How many Arsenal players are allowed to leave?
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 21:46
We will see the direction the club is heading in January.

#a - Continue as per normal to control expenditures and fight for Top-4 places only?

#b - Strengthen the current side in preparation for 2018/19 season?

#c - Silent Stan's wallet tighter than a gnat ass with instruction to promote youngsters?

Who are the favorites to leave in January?

#1 - Alexis.
Rumors that 2 unknown clubs had submitted bid and Guardiola may submit an obscene bid of £50-mil to bid off all suitors. With games coming thick and fast, Alexis is the last piece in the team that Guardiola had assembled to win title and CL Cup with at least 2 world-class players in Forward-4 should he plays 4-2-4 against teams that will park the bus against them in every league game.
His body language showed clearly he does not want to be here and just being professional on the pitch and will not run like the Duracell Bunny like in his 1st season with us.

#2 - Jenkinson
Out on-loan and last season with us. A decent offer from any team will seal a permanent deal. Guess not as he is on a lucrative contract with Arsenal (which no other team is prepared to match) and most likely see out his contract and leaves on a Bosman.

#3 - Walcott
If this lad has any ambition whatsoever in his football career, he will demand a move to fight for a place in WC2018 squad.
DO you know that this lad has not played in any WC Final games except as a 16-year-old brought along as a bench-warmer in WC2006?
Guess not.
He is one greedy git preferring to see out his contract in summer 2019, earning £140,000pw to beef up his pension fund. He is worse than Adeyawhore who can at least scored goals.

#4 - Calum Chambers
Injury-prone and in need of games.
Most likely loan out in January to give him games.
Cynical me said that he was offered a new extension is to avoid him leaving for free.
Most likely to be sold in summer 2018 if he still fails to develop for the next 6 months.

#5 - Jack Wilshere
Wenger does not trust him and mostly likely loan out or sold in January.
Is a new contract really on offer?
Like Chambers, the new contract is just to tie him down to get some transfer fee out of him in summer 2018.
If this lad has any ambition to play in WC2018, he jolly well demanded a move in January to play regularly to have any chance to make into England squad.

#6 - Debuchy
Again, no team will match his salary.
But he is playing "regularly" and a decent cover as RB, and as CB in back-3 in all those cup games we are playing.
Of course, if we got knocked out by WHU in League Cup and Forest in FA Cup, he may move if a decent bid comes in January. Otherwise, I can't see Wenger selling him in January.

#7 - Ospina
Again he loves London lifestyle and his salary too much to demand a move.
Most likely run-down his contract and leaves on a Bosman in summer 2018.

#8 - Giroud
Now, if any of those London clubs in Palace, WHU or even Watford put in a bid for him and promise him regular football, Giroud will demand a move to play regular football to be picked by WC2018 France squad.
Perhaps not.
Like Walcott, this is his last big contract and he prefers to see it out and then return to France on a Bosman.

#9 - Elneny
WHy should he want to leave when on a lucrative contract that no other team will match?
Perish that thought.
Like Kanu and Edu and Wiltord, he will stay and leave on a Bosman.

#10 - Mustafi
You kidding me?
Even Inter will not match his salary demand.
Guess we are stuck with him till he leaves on a Bosman.

And that people is the sad stage of our scouting network and why Gazidis wanted to overhaul it over the dead body of Arsene Wenger.
Mind you, Wenger is dead yet.

When you go home, tell them of us and say
For their tomorrow, we gave our today.
John Maxwell Edmonds

Re: January Transfer Window - How many Arsenal players are allowed to leave?
Bergmars (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 08:35
The only players leaving are the ones we need to keep as it has been for a while now.

A shadow of what we were

Sanogone (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 12:49
Walcott should be going along with Jenkinson.
I think Debuchy has done enough to keep him here until the end of the season though.

Giroud is the one to watch though as he must be looking for a place in a starting 11, which he won’t get at arsenal.
I don’t think we should sell him, as he is such a good plan B.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 14:50
Wenger today on Walcott if he will stay in January…
Yes.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

litmus (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 04:08
Sorry Merl,

I don't think its fair for us to say Walcott is greedy. Yes, maybe he should leave, and a lot of Gooners still think he's not good enough, but from all that has been said I think he feels a strong affinity to this club, having joined us when he was just 16. He's not getting games, but AW hasn't lost hope in him, and Walcott has always said he wants to fight for his place. Which means he is not a quitter, he wants to prove himself. I don't think we can fault his attitude.

Whether he is another Winston Bogarde type, I don't know. But does anyone really know that? We all know he is a nice guy, polite, clean (some say too nice). Even the tea lady at Arsenal says he is the nicest player she knows.

With our Europa Games on Thursday, having Walcott and Giroud does give us good options, and allows us to have a good forward line in the second tier European competition (I am saying good, not great), which means we can rest our best players Alexis, Laca for the PL games.

Walcott can be very frustrating yes, he has some good games, some bad games, and when he is not on song, he seems a liability on the pitch. If the club deems him not good enough and wants to move him on, then fair enough, but I see a guy who hasn't given up on his Arsenal career.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net