football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Lacazette ruled out of Man Utd game.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 22:22
Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette has been ruled out of Saturday’s Premier League clash with Manchester United with a groin injury.
The France international striker was handed a starting berth by the Gunners in their midweek meeting with Huddersfield.
He opened the scoring in that contest inside three minutes, but was replaced by Olivier Giroud at half-time.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Re: Lacazette ruled out of Man Utd game.
younghansolo (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 23:38
We'd probably play Sanchez up top then. We're going to have to play on the break but I'd rather giroud played for some strength and height up top and at the back.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 00:11
Giroud would start. Should be a draw. Maybe a boring 0-0 or 1-1

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 01:28
Why not start Welbeck up front? He has a habit of scoring against ManUre.

litmus (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 04:00
The way Manure plays, and with Laca out, we should play Alexis and Welbeck. Maybe even Walcott on the right wing. Their pace will pin Manure fullbacks to stay back more and not support their attacking play as Jose, true to form will keep them back if we play our paciest players.

I hope we play like how we played against tiny Totts, although Jose would have seen that and surely has come out with a game plan to counter that.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 07:20
F*ck sake I don't fancy us with Giroud playing from the start instead of Lacazette. I'd put Welbeck in or go with Alexis up top.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 17:33
Welbeck will probably start upfront. He scores against them as well. Welbeck alexis ozil. The rest of the team will be the same as today

30 November, 2017 22:45
Quote:
MattySadler
F*ck sake I don't fancy us with Giroud playing from the start instead of Lacazette. I'd put Welbeck in or go with Alexis up top.

30 November, 2017 22:48
Alexis Sanchez had a hamstring problem against Huddersfield Town but should be fit for the weekend.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 23:57
People are forgetting that although Welbeck is injury prone, he's still generally s.hite the majority of the time.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:42
Quote:
BootyDaddy
People are forgetting that although Welbeck is injury prone, he's still generally s.hite the majority of the time.

I have some sympathy with that view point, but the bloke works hard, tackles back, runs to back line, gets in a lot of good positions, but rarely finds the net.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 16:29
Lacazette is starting according to the line up on BBC sport.

02 December, 2017 17:00
Quote:
SuperRob
Lacazette is starting according to the line up on BBC sport.

Quickest injury return we have ever had. lol

Shane (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 17:09
Wenger honeydicked them.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 02:47
It was probably a response to matic injury who was also likely to miss the game. Both managers were at it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 06:37 by CazOnARola.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net