football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Player Ratings vs. Huddersfield
MattySadler (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 21:45
Cech - 7. Spectator for the most part but made one good save. Also got a bit lucky when he pushed a deflected effort onto the bar.

Koscielny - 7. Made one good block in the first half but also had some sloppy moments.
Mustafi - 7. Two careless moments in the first half but did well otherwise.
Monreal - 7. Caught out of position once but thought he did well otherwise.

Bellerin - 6. Always eager to get forward but final ball was lacking.
Xhaka - 6. Involved in Lacazette's opener and kept the ball moving, but also sloppy at times.
Ramsey - 8. Two assists and played a part in Alexis's goal. Work rate excellent as usual.
Kolasinac - 6. Always involved but end product/ decision making in the final third was lacking again. Assist for Giroud's second.

Ozil - 9. A goal, two assists and excellent work rate. A joy to watch tonight.
Lacazette - 7. Took his goal well and worked tirelessly as he tracked back and defended from the front. Hope that isn't a bad injury.
Alexis - 6. Worked hard but generally lacked quality. Still played a part in Giroud's goal and scored the third.

Subs:

Giroud - 7. Scored two.v
Wilshere - 5. Lively.
Welbeck - 5. Lively.

We played some excellent stuff at times, but also had some really sloppy moments as well. Ozil was fantastic. Two points clear of Liverpool, four points clear of Spurs. Big game against United on Saturday.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 16:49 by Padre Pio.

Re: Player Ratings vs. Huddersfield
Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 22:04
When did we play some excellent stuff

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 22:40
Well certainly Ozil did from my seat, he played some fantastic stuff.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/11/2017 22:41 by Padre Pio.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 07:12
Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth
When did we play some excellent stuff

We started and finished the game well, and there were a lot of slick passing moves throughout that didn't result in goals, but I'm guessing they don't count because Wilshere wasn't on the pitch for most of it?

I won't deny that there were a lot of sloppiness though. I've said so multiple times in the player ratings and the match thread. We flew out of the blocks but then took our feet off the gas, complacency crept in and we allowed Huddersfield back into the game. A better side would've punished us. Fortunately we finished the game strongly with a devastating 5 minute spell.

Main culprits were the back three, who despite yet another victory and clean sheet were all guilty of a wobbly moment, the two wing backs, who I don't feel are doing enough in the last two games, and the main culprit, Xhaka, who is a cause for concern.

Xhaka had a great game against Spurs, and I'll kinda let him off for the performance against Burnley, because Burnley quite clearly came out to do a job on him, not giving him any space or time on the ball to get anything going. Last night, however, Huddersfield paid him no such attention, but he was the most guilty of these "sloppy" and complacent moments. The concentration just doesn't seem to be there at the moment.

30 November, 2017 13:27
The back three completed more passes than anyone else, that speaks. Volumes

Sideways backwards sideways backwards longball. That's what we do now

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

MattySadler (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 15:13
Our centre backs are usually among our highest passers.

Shane (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 15:38
Quote:
MattySadler

This makes sense, considering we pass straight out from goal kicks. I'm willing to bet Tottenham's defenders, or any other side that builds from the back, have had more touches than the midfielders and strikers.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 17:31
Its not concentration. It's about success rate. Some players have it in their muscle memory and get 960 out of 1000 passes correct in terms of weight on the ball and direction.
Xhaka/coquelin / samchez just arent those players. No amount of training or conc will change that. You either have it or you don't.

I always wanted another DM with quality, but I'm all for the defensively weak ramsey /jack double pivot with jack deeper if we are ok with llaying xhaka there anyway.

Jack is better defensively and offensively compared to xhaka. The kos block chance resulted from a xhaks lunge onto the player who was finally through on goal.

He does this every single game, including the spurs game, but doesn't get punished every game.

You won't banshee how bad positionally xhaka ramsey combination is compared to arteta-ramsey

02 December, 2017 11:08
Quote:
Shane
Quote:
MattySadler

This makes sense, considering we pass straight out from goal kicks. I'm willing to bet Tottenham's defenders, or any other side that builds from the back, have had more touches than the midfielders and strikers.

Bet you any money they don't

The future is now!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net