football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

The so called "experts"
Bergmars (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 05:54
who tipped Spurs for great things and have lauded them are once more going to be disappointed.

A shadow of what we were

Re: The so called "experts"
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 09:21
(Sm22)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 14:36
Pool and spurs will struggle if they go deeper in the ucl. Ucl looks like psgs trophy this year

Shane (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 15:08
Quote:
Bergmars
who tipped Spurs for great things and have lauded them are once more going to be disappointed.

Didn't Arsenal fans do that?

Not to get all Gunnersingh but I knew they weren't as good as everybody said. I'm not special obviously - I just looked at the facts instead of the fiction. I mean, they're a very decent side but clearly nowhere near as lethal as we thought - or maybe feared - that they were.

kudzif01 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 16:06
Spurs are ok but were always oversold.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 16:51
I'm so relieved.

celine dion (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 19:50
Its all down to having to play 2 high pressure games in the PL a week. Only the Man Citys of this world can do it, and they have had trouble challenging on all fronts a lot of the time. Wenger has had trouble almost every season and so has just about every other club except clubs with a 30 man squad of top players and even they dont always manage it.

Arsenal tend to collapse in November and get loads of bad results because they have come through the group games of the CL (and qualified) but the first team in the league games has been substandard through switching players about, injuries, and Wengers natural allergy to resolute defensive performances when you are below your best.

Pochettino has very cleverly deliberately got knocked out of the Europe league in the last few seasons allowing his first team to play one game a week for long periods in the second half of the season. His first team is genuinely very very decent but its been disrupted now through Ali being out of form from having played too many games, Alderwiereld being injured, plus Tottenham dont even pay that good wages which is why Walker f*cked off. The future isn't that bright for Tottenham in my view. Unless they win the CL they probably wont qualify again, they are clearly struggling financially and doing things relatively cheaply because they need to finance the new ground (just like we were in 2006 onward) and Pocchetino who is a genuinely very very good manager will realise within about 2 years that he cant do any more with the squad which will be just about the time Mourinho f*cks off from United when he doesn't beat Man City to the league title and starts to fall out with everyone.

Im not letting Wenger off the hook here. Wenger has still made a royal hash of things by failing to harness the wind when it has blown into his sails (The year Leicester won the league for example) and this in turn has alienated his best players who have then left or are in the process of leaving, but that doesn't mean Tottenham are in a healthier position than ours, it is superficial, there is no way they have the infrastructure to sustain challenges on all fronts, its an illusion, by next March the big CL games will have reduced their squad to rubble.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net