football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

FC Koln - predictions and teams
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 00:41
I almost forgot that this game is on, after the Lords Mayor Show of the NLD.
Its a match that hardly seems to matter, except of course for seeding in ko rounds.

It will be the stiffs, the ones we rarely see in the Prem these days, so could Koln manage a win at home? Cant say I have any idea.
Depends who we play, and how good Koln really are at home, which at present doesnt seem that good.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/11/2017 17:08 by Padre Pio.

Re: FC Koln - predictions and teams
litmus (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 05:09
I think we need to put out a stronger team than any previous away games to get at least a draw, which is all we need to get top spot. We should set up more defensively with two wingbacks and play on the counter with Theo starting up front. Play our pacey forwards, that means no Giroud unless we are chasing the game later on.

Ospina

Debuchy -Chambers- Mert - Holding - - Maitland Niles
Coquelin - Elneny
Wilshere
Wellz - Iwobi
Walcott

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 11:13
The regular stiffs, bit short on goal power without the injured Giroud

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 11:22
Can't wait. My preferred players will be playing so for me I really look forward to these games.

Shane (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 18:46
I tend not to like these Europa League games. They remind me just how sh*t the squad is.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 20:31
I really love Europa Cup as there is no pretense of greatness like CL Cup, where I have a change to watch those youngsters playing.

Coquelin will be supersub and prefer Joe Willock to him.
Prefer Macey to Ospina.

Should sell Ospina in January.

Apparently Walcott is out of the team ...

.................................Macey

..........Debuchy.....Mertesacker.....Holding

...Chambers......Willock.......Elneny......Maitland-Niles

....................Nelson............WIlshere
..............................Welbeck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/11/2017 20:44 by Merlion96.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 00:04
Quote:
Shane
I tend not to like these Europa League games. They remind me just how sh*t the squad is.

Overall the EL squad has probably played better than the first team.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net