football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

NLD day
Flava (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 08:35
Anyone care? I've can't remember ever being less bothered by it

Re: NLD day
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 09:41
This used to be a day you'd build up to all month, if not all season.

Now? I don't even know if I'll bother to go and watch it at the pub.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Bergmars (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 09:50
No not bothered fallen out of love with top flight football.Its full of immoral self serving greedy bstdrds.

A shadow of what we were

Sanogone (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 09:51
This is the biggest derby in years. It ALWAYS matters. You should be bothered.

Flava (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 10:13
Why is that then?

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 10:25
Quote:
Flava
Why is that then?

Because Wenger tells us we should be. The only reason we're not that bothered is because of media influence.

You need to keep up.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

tigerline (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 11:02
What bothers me is being relegated to the Pit of Misery by Lord Wenger.

Dilly!
Dilly!

Shane (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 11:14
If you's don't care then don't watch. Do something else. Play golf. Walk the dog. Paint the shed. Clean the car. Make tonight's dinner. Write your memoirs. Root out the Christmas decorations and rinse the dust off the baubles. Hang that picture frame you've been talking about doing since September. Wash your clothes. Go shopping. Meditate in the local park. Investigate whether Coke Zero is healthier than regular Coke. Sand the cabinets. Bring your kids to see nanny and grandad. Watch the rugby. Catch up with that TV show on Netflix. Bring the wife for lunch. Go conker picking.

There's an infinite amount of alternatives to watching an Arsenal match, but if you disregard all of them in favour of watching the match, and if that match provokes any sort of emotion - good or bad, doesn't matter - then you must consider the possibility that you are bothered, and claiming not to care is probably a charade to soften the blow of possibly losing.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 12:33
I'm having my grandson far more important

A shadow of what we were

SandyB (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 12:54
Normally I only watch Supposedly big Arsenal games, I wake up at 6:30 on Saturday to watch this game so it matters n I would love to bang Spuds in this game so matters.

SandyB (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:16
Quote:
Shane
If you's don't care then don't watch. Do something else. Play golf. Walk the dog. Paint the shed. Clean the car. Make tonight's dinner. Write your memoirs. Root out the Christmas decorations and rinse the dust off the baubles. Hang that picture frame you've been talking about doing since September. Wash your clothes. Go shopping. Meditate in the local park. Investigate whether Coke Zero is healthier than regular Coke. Sand the cabinets. Bring your kids to see nanny and grandad. Watch the rugby. Catch up with that TV show on Netflix. Bring the wife for lunch. Go conker picking.
There's an infinite amount of alternatives to watching an Arsenal match, but if you disregard all of them in favour of watching the match, and if that match provokes any sort of emotion - good or bad, doesn't matter - then you must consider the possibility that you are bothered, and claiming not to care is probably a charade to soften the blow of possibly losing.
Flava is scared of Spuds losing.. (Sm6)

Ares (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:28
Woke up today to:

Arsenal 2 Spurs 0

Holy F* Sh"

Sanogone (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 17:30
Separating the wheat from the chaff Shane

Shane (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 18:21
Clever. Good job mate.

Quote:
SandyB
Flava is scared of Spuds losing.(Sm6)

It wasn't directed at Flava. It was directed at everybody, myself included, who can't claim to have a complete lack of interest in Arsenal games if they remember that it's even on.

TonyStark (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 20:36
got up at 7am to watch a spirited Arsenal.

win or lose, if yer a fan, you'll always be one.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 09:02
Went to the annual record fair at Olympia. Whilst browsing through a box of singles I hear the stall owner say Mustafi has scored. Another guy says so what you're still 3-1 down. Oh those dealers, they're such jokers. About two hours later at another stall I learn we actually won 2-0. Did I feel elated? Not as much as meeting Lawrence from Felt and buying a record off of him by his later band Denim.

Shane (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 15:53
Well, that's apathy at its finest to be honest. When you don't even check the final score, that's a pretty solid sign that you don't give a f*ck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net