football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

What the f*ck are people even doing still talking about Arsenal here.
celine dion (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 20:17
Does anyone on here genuinely give a f*ck about Arsenal any more?

I just cant see how anyone can.

Does anyone genuinely go to a game or turn on the TV and think 'Oh I really hope Arsenal win today?'

I can barely be bothered to watch more than about 20 minutes of any game and if I still lived in London I doubt I would go to any games at all.

What Wenger and the board have done to the club is a travesty, a disgrace. If you DO still feel interested in watching Arsenal, like the rest of us did in the old days, then why? Im honestly interested.

Whats the point of any of it?

The only point I can see nowadays is supporting the other team (unless we're playing Tottenham or possibly Chelsea) in the vain hope that a very very bad string of results might force these total c*nts out of the club.

I feel disgusted really. Ive supported the club since I was about 11. Im 43 now. I never expected to feel like this. And its not just me, theres thousands like me. Its an unbelievable situation when you step back and take a look at it.

It amazes me when I see people saying 'well if we signed that chap and sold that bloke we might be able to challenge. Like F*CK would we. It literally needs the whole ground torn down and starting again with none of the current players and none of the current board / management.

Im genuinely believe Arsenal are unique in world football. I mean theres clubs like Blackpool Coventry or Leeds that have been @#$%& to pieces by successive boards who
dont even PRETEND to be trying to drive the team to success. But surely were the only club where everyone except De Times and a few Chinese people can see everything gone to total shite but the club just says whatever it wants and carries on the same.

Ive never, ever, seen anything like this. Surely its IMPOSSIBLE to support Arsenal nowadays, even if you consider yourself an Arsenal supporter, like I do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2017 20:17 by celine dion.

Re: What the f*ck are people even doing still talking about Arsenal here.
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 20:56
I am a Dreamer.
I will be forever waiting for Arsene Wenger to build a title winning team from academy level to senior team with 7 or 8 homegrown forming the core of the senior team by 2022/23, i.e. in 5 years' time with Arsene Wenger celebrating his 1,000th league game with Arsenal FC.

Never mind, one million monkeys typing for a million years will eventually type out the selection of a title-winning team for Arsenal FC.

As an Arsenal fan, you just can't help it but keep on watching Arsenal even if Bozo the Clown is in charge. But lately, I am watching Man City as a pick-me-up after a drunken stupor.

Good for you not to enrich Silent Stan by boycotting Emirates and all Arsenal merchandise.

Don't worry about overseas fans. They always love a winner and you will find that without successes on the pitch, overseas fans will desert Arsenal FC, and go for new flavor of the month like Man City, Chelski, Tiny Totts and even Bayern Munich, Milan, Inter, Juve and PSG are actively wooing overseas fans to cut into English clubs' overseas market.

Like F1, EPL has gone through a rapid growth period that defiles gravity and will eventually stabilize and decline. That will be the day that predators like Silent Stan will leave EPL in droves when the golden goose is no more.

When you go home, tell them of us and say
For their tomorrow, we gave our today.
John Maxwell Edmonds

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 22:14
Although I still begrudgingly force myself to watch the games, I feel the same way.

Other than feeling unbearable anger listening to those f.ucking parasites every AGM, or having to hear Wenger's "I believe this or that" bulls.hit excuses every interview after another embarrassing loss, I really struggle to care a great deal outside that.

The manager and those c.unts he works for (but tells them what to do) have truly sucked every ounce of enjoyment out of supporting Arsenal. Something I used to do with passion and pride but now couldn't really give a good f.uck anymore.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 22:36
It's an indictment to Arsenal football club that thousands of fans don't care when we lose.

The club should be ashamed.

Think back to how you would have felt 15 years ago when we lost a game; It use to take me a week to get over, I use to go mad.

It's sickening to see basically the fans are seen as cash cows and winning is secondary.

Shane (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 23:18
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Think back to how you would have felt 15 years ago when we lost a game; It use to take me a week to get over, I use to go mad.

Yeah you're much more mellow these days.

SandyB (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 23:59
To be fuc.king honest I like to banter DeTimes style almost everyday with my Spuds mate from North London rather than come here n talk football. There is absolutely nothing to talk about anyway.
Like once Spuds won the CL Madrid game he whatsapp me did I watch the game, I somehow banter him out that actually winning that kinda one off game in CL means nothing rather winning a community shield is much bigger achievement as after all it’s all about winning trophy.
Today, I message him Harry Kane, Dele Alli are scared to face us in friendly n Arsenal in coming fixtures so fake their injury n we aren’t gonna show any mercy will put 6 past Harry Kane’s team England n Tottenham. Now that Spuds on the rise you can banter a lot! (Sm6)

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 00:20
Even De Times has given up, when was he last here.
Even at the local pub there is hardly any takers, it used to be packed.
I think the only hope I have is that I might actually get to see Wenger go.
I'm not going to the screenings any more, I don't buy anything at the ground or in the shop.
It doesn't bother me when we lose it what we expect.
Also its a lot cheaper now, and still enjoy meeting mates in pub afterwards that's about it

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

tigerline (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 04:16
It makes me sick.

The club will have to be reduced to rubble before Kroenke and wenger are gone.

The Slippage continues apace.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 04:34
Cause if we don't, the site will close down.
And wenger will be gone in 2 years but the site will live on.
Forget kronke, even with him always prioritizing money, there are tons of managers out there who can coach a team better than how we play right.

I don't really watch a lot of epl in generally. Whatever i watch of arsenal is out of addiction. I see many tactical errors and inept displays from other teams so prefer watching la liga

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 04:37 by CazOnARola.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 05:29
Quote:
CazOnARola
Forget kronke, even with him always prioritizing money, there are tons of managers out there who can coach a team better than how we play right.

I don't really watch a lot of epl in generally. Whatever i watch of arsenal is out of addiction. I see many tactical errors and inept displays from other teams so prefer watching la liga

Yeah ... will continue to update my 130-goal thread.

Am trying to push myself to write some article for AT as well.

When you go home, tell them of us and say
For their tomorrow, we gave our today.
John Maxwell Edmonds

Bergmars (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 09:14
I don't watch any games now maybe highlights not that there are many of them.Wenger has gone from hero to zero he and the owner deserve each other,he's got a nerve saying Sterling dives as an excuse of course none of our players do it.l cannot listen to his idiotic rantings the club as a football entity is dying on it's feet sad but hey life goes on.

A shadow of what we were

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 09:50
This sums it up from ANR today
Hi Myles,

This is the amount awarded at the end of last season to the top six.

Not sure why ManU got a bit more but the main point of interest is that the champions only received £10.4m more than Arsenal.

1st – CHELSEA £38m + £30.4m £152.8m (1st)
2nd – TOTTENHAM £36.1m + £27.6m £148.1m (Equal 4th)
3rd – MAN CITY £34.2m + £30.4 £149m (2nd)
4th – LIVERPOOL £32.3m + £31.4 £148.1m (Equal 4th)
5th – ARSENAL £30.4m + £27.6m £142.4m (6th)
6th – MAN UNITED £28.5m + £30.4m £143.3m (5th)

We are also told that missing out on the CL costs around £30m which AW more or less recovered in the transfer market. Given these facts it’s hardly surprising that an owner such as Kroenke who has zero interest in trophies will not invest the £200-300 that is required to become an elite team and win the Prem or CL. You have to have ambition beyond profitability in order to plow massive amounts of cash into a sports team. Stan never has and never will do it. So long as he is the majority share owner we’re screwed.

He’s also going to benefit from the alienation of long term fans and the increase in tourist traffic. As discussed on your blog previously, a Japanese or Scandinavian group on a once in a life time visit to the Emirates will likely buy half the contents of the club shop.

I’ve been going on a regular basis for 40 years and I’ve never spent a penny on the@#$%&merchandise on offer. They only get my measly season ticket money and the odd tenner for a crappy burger when I’m totally desperate to eat.

We all saw the disparity again against Citeh yesterday. We experienced the childish AW spiel re Sterling (not) diving and the usual excuses. It’s all a load of BS.

We’ve got AW until he dies and SK and his family until we die. Might as well give up now.

If it wasn’t for the fact I like meeting up with my mates and having pre-match beers I would.

Take care.

Myles says :

Thanks, John.

It looks as if another 5th place will still be very profitable.

Trouble is that you’ve suffered a lot, mate.

You feel this deeply because you’re a real Gooner who has shared a lot of experiences and feelings with other Gooners.

What has happened has damaged you. That’s why you’ve written this.

Of course Wenger would blame Raheem for diving.

He is the King of Denial and an incorrigible exponent of BSE.

Blame Somebody Else.

But he can’t get away with that much longer.

The clock is ticking and his departure will be ugly & acrimonious.

Platini said: “Wenger’s just a businessman now.”

And George Graham says there is no board at Arsenal.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

litmus (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 09:54
Quote:
celine dion

Does anyone genuinely go to a game or turn on the TV and think 'Oh I really hope Arsenal win today?'

I can barely be bothered to watch more than about 20 minutes of any game and if I still lived in London I doubt I would go to any games at all.

What Wenger and the board have done to the club is a travesty, a disgrace. If you DO still feel interested in watching Arsenal, like the rest of us did in the old days, then why? Im honestly interested.

I tell you why. How can any true fan not "genuinely give a @#$%&" about his team? How can any true fan not want the team to win, even after losing 20 consecutive games? Yes, one can be flustered, frustrated, to the point of killing someone or themselves, but thats what being a fan is. Just like you Celine, I supported Arsenal since I was about 11, I am now 45. We didn't always win then, in fact we were 7th in the table when I first supported Arsenal (if I remember correctly). But I watched in a room full of Pool fans when Micheal Thomas scored that winning goal in 89.

Newcastle fans, Liverpool fans, Leeds fans, you see them all at their Stadiums year after year. I am sure they are frustrated, but approach each game, each season with optimism because that's what being a fan is all about. Even when Toon fans hate Ashley, is at war, they still cheer and shout their hearts out like a small kid supporting their school team, even after consecutive losses. Everton fans, the same I'm sure throughout this season. They might be frustrated with the team, management, manager, players, but they love the club.

Because we care so much is why we are still here, still complaining. I don't know about you but Arsenal is my life. I cannot not give a f*ck. Such as that I cannot even bring myself to play another team on Fifa on my Xbox (before it got busted). I will never support another team. If Arsenal cease to exist, I'll stop watching the Premier League, and maybe begin watching Ligue One as a neutral.

Goofle (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 11:50
I’ve watched about 20% of our games (by that I mean total in game time, not full matches) this season. Pretty much don’t care aside from to keep up with silly internet arguments.

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 12:49
Quote:
litmus
Quote:
celine dion

I tell you why. How can any true fan not "genuinely give a @#$%&" about his team? How can any true fan not want the team to win, even after losing 20 consecutive games? Yes, one can be flustered, frustrated, to the point of killing someone or themselves, but thats what being a fan is. Just like you Celine, I supported Arsenal since I was about 11, I am now 45. We didn't always win then, in fact we were 7th in the table when I first supported Arsenal (if I remember correctly). But I watched in a room full of Pool fans when Micheal Thomas scored that winning goal in 89.

Newcastle fans, Liverpool fans, Leeds fans, you see them all at their Stadiums year after year. I am sure they are frustrated, but approach each game, each season with optimism because that's what being a fan is all about. Even when Toon fans hate Ashley, is at war, they still cheer and shout their hearts out like a small kid supporting their school team, even after consecutive losses. Everton fans, the same I'm sure throughout this season. They might be frustrated with the team, management, manager, players, but they love the club.

Because we care so much is why we are still here, still complaining. I don't know about you but Arsenal is my life. I cannot not give a f*ck. Such as that I cannot even bring myself to play another team on Fifa on my Xbox (before it got busted). I will never support another team. If Arsenal cease to exist, I'll stop watching the Premier League, and maybe begin watching Ligue One as a neutral.

Nothing to do with being a genuine fan.

The situation at Arsenal is truly a unique one.

I see people here talk about ozil, sanchez, dropping cech, buying this player, that player. However, we can do all these things and nothing will change. Nothing. It will always be the same outcome under this current regime.

The one thing which may spark a change and something new is wenger leaving. It will be the moment we finally see how ambitious this ownership is: will they go for much of the same or be bold and change things, as not many managers can operate like Wenger.

However, back to the initial point Celine is making; until the above happens, nothing will change. It's the same @#$%& over and over again. The exact same things we said about ozil/sanchez we said about adebayor, nasri, fabregas, van persie.

If Cazorla was fit he wouldn't change anything. He will just be another name added to the conversation of players wanting to leave.

Never in my lifetime have i seen a football club so content in the status-quo when the status quo is them continually being irrelevant.

The only thing keeping Arsenal relevant in 2017 is Arsenal Fan TV.

The everton owner has come out and said he want simone. Unlikely, but that's more balls and ambition our ownership has ever shown the past 10 years.

Also, for the match-going supporter, it's a rubbish experience going to the emirates. No one sings. The fanbase is passive, one of the main reasons we are stuck in this malaise, IMO. So that's no fun either. Furthermore, it's very experience. I am 25 and can no longer afford to go. I havn't been to the emirates in 2 years - that's absurd and another reason for someone to lose interest.

Until we get an identity in that stadium (which is not being helped by the club being happy with leeching their fanbase and tourists), the emirates will always bee a soulless bowl.

Until we see some important changes regarding the board, management or both, it is very difficult being invested in all of this.

We know the outcome to the season, we have seen it many many times now - so, what worth is there debating menial bullshit when @#$%& all is going to change?

So, you can all sit here and do your threads about cech, that watford player who dived against us and team selections but what does it all matter? Even if we make these changes, nothing will change under this managerial tenure and current ownership.

Flava (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 13:25
Matthew, you tweet multiple times a day about Arsenal, I'm sure of it.

celine dion (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 18:25
Quote:
CazOnARola

Yes, thats a fair point. If you're posting to keep the site afloat thats an honourable thing to take the time to do.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 18:35
Quote:
CazOnARola

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

celine dion (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 18:42
Quote:
litmus
Quote:
celine dion

You're sort of missing my point though. Yes Everton fans and Newcastle fans might be upset about things or whatever, but their clubs actively change the landscape in terms of ownership and management on regular occasions. Its the fact that Arsenal are being run as a business at the expense of any kind of sporting excitement that has got people like me and quite a lot of other people on here, not giving a flying f*ck what they actually do on the pitch. If Everton had been being managed by, say, David Moyes for 20 years and for the last 15 finished in exactly the same league position whilst showing exactly the same tactical deficiencies whilst their board kept telling them they had never had it so good, whilst hiking the prices up, with all their best players leaving the club, and Moyes talking absolute f(king nonsense to the point that he had become a global laughing stock, then I suspect the same malaise may occur at Goodison Park. But other clubs dont do this, they are in a state of flux, upwards or downwards, and generally speaking they set short term sporting objectives (if you're in the top 6 you try and get in the top 4 the following season, that sort of thing) and then if you dont achieve them, they change the manager. Its short termism, but it keeps the illusion of football being a sport alive. Arsenal are, to my mind, the only club in modern football who are operating PURELY as a business and will then justify this via a combination of propaganda and downright mendacity. They operate in precisely the same way a large train company operates, or an energy firm. Everyone KNOWS that Gas companies pay vastly less for raw gas than what they charge old ladies for gas, and they make their vast profits by confusing everyone with complex tarrifs and bullsh*tting about how much it costs to maintain the gas network. They then try and present themselves as cosy friendly types by making silly adverts involving penguins. Train companies do precisely the same. But everybody puts up with the c***ts because otherwise you would freeze to death and wouldnt be able to go on a train. The difference is, we dont SUPPORT the gas and train companies. We didnt grow up cheering them on as they laid new gas pipes and railway lines and we dont rush downstairs to get the newspaper off the door mat to see how their shares are doing.

But football CANNOT operate like this. It CANT, because it HAS to maintain the illusion of attempting to achieve sporting success. Football is under a microscope like never before, literally everyone has a view on who's good and who is bad, fans globally analyse club and player performances like never before. This leaves Arsenal literally NOWHERE to hide, their business agenda is so GLARINGLY EVIDENT that it has destroyed their relationship with a large group of their fans. If they got rid of Wenger, the spell would be broken, it really is that simple. If the next bloke did sh*te, having set the precedent with Wenger, they would then have to get rid of him. Hey presto, we would be back in the realms of an ordinary football club. With highs, lows, talking points and so on. But until they do this, we are NOT in the realms of other clubs. If you can still cheer excitedly when Mezut Ozil taps a late winner in against Swansea, whilst acknowledging that we are most likely going to get smashed to f*cking smithereens by Man City (or Watford/West Brom) the following week, then good for you. But a lot of people cant be f*Cked. because that late winner against Swansea, to have any context, would need to be LEADING somewhere, but at Arsenal, we all know it isn't leading anywhere at all. I could write a f*cking book on this, I really could.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 19:46
Quote:
CazOnARola

got that right. we can't let wenger kill this site though he has virtually killed my appetite for football. when i watch other teams play good football, i can't help but bleed cos we once played real breathtaking football.

wenger has become an obsessive monster. he and kroenke are a match made in hell

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/2017-09-26_12.35.41.jpg

Shane (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 20:49
Quote:
Padre Pio

He delivered the most random insult I've ever seen last night by bumping a year-old thread to have a go at PK and call him a "sadist" for no reason (Sm6)

SandyB (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 21:11
Quote:
Shane
Quote:
Padre Pio

He delivered the most random insult I've ever seen last night by bumping a year-old thread to have a go at PK and call him a "sadist" for no reason (Sm6)

DeTimes style!
(Sm22)

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 21:53
Quote:
Shane
Quote:
Padre Pio

Oh, you Irish daffodil, skipping and swishy-swashy here grinning smiley

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 22:32
Quote:
celine dion
I could write a f*cking book on this, I really could.

You should because it's bang on the money.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 23:44
Absolutely spot on celine.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

nomi_gooner (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 00:50
I have actually stopped watching. Just follow MOTD. Can't be ars.ed to watch full games with Arsene in charge. Feels like waste of time and it is very frustrating and redundant.

litmus (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 04:42
Quote:
celine dion
Quote:
litmus
Quote:
celine dion

You're sort of missing my point though. Yes Everton fans and Newcastle fans might be upset about things or whatever, but their clubs actively change the landscape in terms of ownership and management on regular occasions. Its the fact that Arsenal are being run as a business at the expense of any kind of sporting excitement that has got people like me and quite a lot of other people on here, not giving a flying f*ck what they actually do on the pitch. If Everton had been being managed by, say, David Moyes for 20 years and for the last 15 finished in exactly the same league position whilst showing exactly the same tactical deficiencies whilst their board kept telling them they had never had it so good, whilst hiking the prices up, with all their best players leaving the club, and Moyes talking absolute f(king nonsense to the point that he had become a global laughing stock, then I suspect the same malaise may occur at Goodison Park. But other clubs dont do this, they are in a state of flux, upwards or downwards, and generally speaking they set short term sporting objectives (if you're in the top 6 you try and get in the top 4 the following season, that sort of thing) and then if you dont achieve them, they change the manager. Its short termism, but it keeps the illusion of football being a sport alive. Arsenal are, to my mind, the only club in modern football who are operating PURELY as a business and will then justify this via a combination of propaganda and downright mendacity. They operate in precisely the same way a large train company operates, or an energy firm. Everyone KNOWS that Gas companies pay vastly less for raw gas than what they charge old ladies for gas, and they make their vast profits by confusing everyone with complex tarrifs and bullsh*tting about how much it costs to maintain the gas network. They then try and present themselves as cosy friendly types by making silly adverts involving penguins. Train companies do precisely the same. But everybody puts up with the c***ts because otherwise you would freeze to death and wouldnt be able to go on a train. The difference is, we dont SUPPORT the gas and train companies. We didnt grow up cheering them on as they laid new gas pipes and railway lines and we dont rush downstairs to get the newspaper off the door mat to see how their shares are doing.

But football CANNOT operate like this. It CANT, because it HAS to maintain the illusion of attempting to achieve sporting success. Football is under a microscope like never before, literally everyone has a view on who's good and who is bad, fans globally analyse club and player performances like never before. This leaves Arsenal literally NOWHERE to hide, their business agenda is so GLARINGLY EVIDENT that it has destroyed their relationship with a large group of their fans. If they got rid of Wenger, the spell would be broken, it really is that simple. If the next bloke did sh*te, having set the precedent with Wenger, they would then have to get rid of him. Hey presto, we would be back in the realms of an ordinary football club. With highs, lows, talking points and so on. But until they do this, we are NOT in the realms of other clubs. If you can still cheer excitedly when Mezut Ozil taps a late winner in against Swansea, whilst acknowledging that we are most likely going to get smashed to f*cking smithereens by Man City (or Watford/West Brom) the following week, then good for you. But a lot of people cant be f*Cked. because that late winner against Swansea, to have any context, would need to be LEADING somewhere, but at Arsenal, we all know it isn't leading anywhere at all. I could write a f*cking book on this, I really could.

Why don't you? My kid shared with me a IG post that said "I suspect Arsenal was created as a social media experiment to see how much you can support a club before killing yourself". There's much to say about supporting the Arsenal, Nick Hornby proved that with Fever Pitch. I think maybe we are all mad in our own way, why else do we support the Arsenal?

On your points, Celine, I agree with most of what you said, its all true, and we all know this but like true love, I'm still gonna celebrate the last minute tap-in winner against Swansea even if I know with 100 percent certainty that Arsenal gonna f++k me up tmrw, strip me of all my money & belongings, and ban me for life from the Emirates, make me lose my job, and lose 15-0 at home against Bayern the same week. Its like loving the life of your life, I just can't help it.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 06:08
I think the most damning thing is that Wenger and all the other idiots at the club are not in the least bit ashamed or embarrassed by what they do.They have made my club the butt of the sneering self satisfied pundits jokes and couldn't give a @#$%&.

A shadow of what we were

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 11:59
Absolutely spot on and the thing that really gets on my c.unt is there’s still some morons out there who insist that Wenger is still the man for the job and the only reason he has turned into the pathetic tactically inept loser he has been for over a DECADE now is because he’s having to work to Kroenke and the boards restrictions.

Absolute nonsense, he f.ucking endorses it. If he wasn’t a pathological liar to the contrary and insisting the club is ambitious and can actually challenge for titles, I suppose you could understand it. For £8m a year I guess I’d become a greedy moral-less c.unt as well and eventually sell out the very people who supported making me what I once was at this once great football club business.

I mean how many times have you heard him harp on about how the club insists on ‘doing things the right way’ or their ‘values’? Er what f.ucking values? if there’s bigger parasites out there in the business world (and there are many) they’ll struggle to behave like bigger sewer rats than what sit in our boardroom.

Then there’s others who have finally realised that he is in fact way past his useful by date and a shadow of what he once was pre-Dein departure and Kroenke arrival. But they believe what I can only assume is sentimentally that he should instead ‘move up stairs’. Also absolute nonsense because if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem and he needs to f.uck off as far away from the club as possible and take that den of c.unts he ‘works’ for with him.

Then and only then may the fans slowly but surely start to finally get some reward and enjoyment back from this club they’ve dedicated most of their lives to. It’s disgraceful what they have done really.

Ares (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 04:19
You guys are okay

litmus (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 05:16
Didn't Wenger said he will leave the club if he feels he can't improve the team anymore (or something like that). Well, hello - you can't (or to stubborn) to do so, so leave then!

If you truly love Arsenal like you said, you would!

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 20:29
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Absolutely spot on and the thing that really gets on my c.unt is there’s still some morons out there who insist that Wenger is still the man for the job and the only reason he has turned into the pathetic tactically inept loser he has been for over a DECADE now is because he’s having to work to Kroenke and the boards restrictions.
Absolute nonsense, he f.ucking endorses it. If he wasn’t a pathological liar to the contrary and insisting the club is ambitious and can actually challenge for titles, I suppose you could understand it. For £8m a year I guess I’d become a greedy moral-less c.unt as well and eventually sell out the very people who supported making me what I once was at this once great football club business.

I mean how many times have you heard him harp on about how the club insists on ‘doing things the right way’ or their ‘values’? Er what f.ucking values? if there’s bigger parasites out there in the business world (and there are many) they’ll struggle to behave like bigger sewer rats than what sit in our boardroom.

Then there’s others who have finally realised that he is in fact way past his useful by date and a shadow of what he once was pre-Dein departure and Kroenke arrival. But they believe what I can only assume is sentimentally that he should instead ‘move up stairs’. Also absolute nonsense because if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem and he needs to f.uck off as far away from the club as possible and take that den of c.unts he ‘works’ for with him.

Then and only then may the fans slowly but surely start to finally get some reward and enjoyment back from this club they’ve dedicated most of their lives to. It’s disgraceful what they have done really.

Look, a coin has 2 sides and a thin edge.

One, you are looking at Arsenal FC as a traditional football club your grandpa and papa supported and it is a traditional within your family. You are looking at Arsenal FC as belonging to the Elite or marquee club like Real, Barca, Bayern, Man City, ManU, Chelski, Juventus, PSG, etc.

But we are not, and even during the halcyon days of the French Spine, we are still a 2nd tier European club (in Europe, the equivalent of those EPL yo-yo clubs like West Ham, Sunderland, etc. hovering between promotion and relegation and winning the odd cup here and then). Last season, we should realize that how hard it is to keep Arsenal FC at Top-4 level for 19 consecutive seasons.

It is alternative history to assert that another manager can achieve what Arsene Wenger had done for Arsenal FC without those limited resources and those missteps in transfer market. How do we know that other manager will not make those mis-steps as well?

It is a business cycle - ups and downs.
Liverpool dominated in the 80s ...
Then ManU in the 1990s and 2000s till Mourinho turned up.
Even Mourinho failed to dominate like Alex Ferguson did.

Today, we have Man City, ManU, Chelski, Liverpool and even Tiny Totts who can win the title ... although if Guardiola should get all his pieces in place - money not a problem - then Man City will dominate the 2010s and right into 2020s.

Arsenal FC?
Even with a managerial change, we are still a 2nd tier European club ... like an NFL club, just competitive, now and then make the playoff but never qualify for SuperBowl.

Doubt we will ever win a title with any manager in the next 2 decades as long as Silent Stan is still the owner; and even if Klopp or Guardiola or Ponchettino or Mourinho is the manager.

On the other side, since the formation of Premier League and that the start of multi-billion sterling pounds from Sky Sport, English football clubs is no more but morphed into billion dollars American profession sport business with the bottom-line as the priority.
Arsenal fans are just captive customers with Silent Stan knowing that there are always 60,000 suckers always willing to buy overpriced tickets and merchandises to fatten his wallet.

On the thin edge of probability like even a broken down clock got its time right twice a day, I am always that eternal optimist that Arsene Wenger will finally got his acts together and build a title-winning team from his Youth Project to win the title or CL Cup within 5 years from now, i.e. by 2021/22.

Le Chiam! (Sm128)

SandyB (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 20:37
Quote:
Merlion96
Quote:
BootyDaddy

Look, a coin has 2 sides and a thin edge.

One, you are looking at Arsenal FC as a traditional football club your grandpa and papa supported and it is a traditional within your family. You are looking at Arsenal FC as belonging to the Elite or marquee club like Real, Barca, Bayern, Man City, ManU, Chelski, Juventus, PSG, etc.

But we are not, and even during the halcyon days of the French Spine, we are still a 2nd tier European club (in Europe, the equivalent of those EPL yo-yo clubs like West Ham, Sunderland, etc. hovering between promotion and relegation and winning the odd cup here and then). Last season, we should realize that how hard it is to keep Arsenal FC at Top-4 level for 19 consecutive seasons.

It is alternative history to assert that another manager can achieve what Arsene Wenger had done for Arsenal FC without those limited resources and those missteps in transfer market. How do we know that other manager will not make those mis-steps as well?

It is a business cycle - ups and downs.
Liverpool dominated in the 80s ...
Then ManU in the 1990s and 2000s till Mourinho turned up.
Even Mourinho failed to dominate like Alex Ferguson did.

Today, we have Man City, ManU, Chelski, Liverpool and even Tiny Totts who can win the title ... although if Guardiola should get all his pieces in place - money not a problem - then Man City will dominate the 2010s and right into 2020s.

Arsenal FC?
Even with a managerial change, we are still a 2nd tier European club ... like an NFL club, just competitive, now and then make the playoff but never qualify for SuperBowl.

Doubt we will ever win a title with any manager in the next 2 decades as long as Silent Stan is still the owner; and even if Klopp or Guardiola or Ponchettino or Mourinho is the manager.

On the other side, since the formation of Premier League and that the start of multi-billion sterling pounds from Sky Sport, English football clubs is no more but morphed into billion dollars American profession sport business with the bottom-line as the priority.
Arsenal fans are just captive customers with Silent Stan knowing that there are always 60,000 suckers always willing to buy overpriced tickets and merchandises to fatten his wallet.

On the thin edge of probability like even a broken down clock got its time right twice a day, I am always that eternal optimist that Arsene Wenger will finally got his acts together and build a title-winning team from his Youth Project to win the title or CL Cup within 5 years from now, i.e. by 2021/22.

Le Chiam! (Sm128)
We don't have to write so long story to say "IN ARSENE WE TRUST".. (Sm6)

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 20:54
It should be "IN ARSENAL MANAGER WE TRUST" even if Bozo the Clown is the manager.

De Times (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 09:17
The amount of moaning on this thread, one would think we didn't spend over 50 million pounds on a single striker last summer and bought the best left back in Germany while keeping our own best players. It seems until we win a major trophy, people would continue to see us as underachieving, when in reality, we're frankly doing as best as we can with the level of competition we have in the league now. Does anyone think we can actually spend higher than Man U, Man city, and Chelsea? That person is obviously delusional and is only blaming others for it.

"A club is a union between players, supporters and directors". - Wenger.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

Flava (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 11:09
Quote:
De Times
The amount of moaning on this thread, one would think we didn't spend over 50 million pounds on a single striker last summer and bought the best left back in Germany while keeping our own best players. It seems until we win a major trophy, people would continue to see us as underachieving, when in reality, we're frankly doing as best as we can with the level of competition we have in the league now. Does anyone think we can actually spend higher than Man U, Man city, and Chelsea? That person is obviously delusional and is only blaming others for it.

Arsenal win, De Times shows up.

We'll all be happy when Wenger fks off mate.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 11:18
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
De Times

Arsenal win, De Times shows up.

We'll all be happy when Wenger fks off mate.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 10:52
Ha!!! Ha!!! De Times Reemerges from hibernation as soon as Arsenal won the derby. typical

very predictable like Wenger.

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/2017-09-26_12.35.41.jpg

hippogunner (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 19:55
Quote:
De Times

Yes Leicester spent a fortune didn't they and won the league. Wenger needs to fcck off and the club needs to get some ambition. The former is inevitable eventually, the latter is not.

And oh yes 50 million on a striker you thought was average.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net