football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

City ratings
younghansolo (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 16:00
Cech - 5 couple of great saves but should have done better on the first goal.
Kolasinac - 4 when he's strong he can't he beat. Lazy on first goal and generally poor often.
Coquelin - 4 wrong position
Kos - 3 useless
Bellerin- 3 invisible
Monreal - 4 useless
Ramsey - 4 ran about a bit had one good chance
Sanchez -4 poor looked like he's already gone
Ozil - 4 back to being invisible
Iwobi - 4 tried but it's not his level
Xhaka - 4 out of his depth

Subs
Lacazette - 6 took his chance well and looked lovely immediately
Wilshire - 6 not on long but far more comfortable on the ball
Giroud -5 not on long but no service

Wenger - 0 cost us the game before it started . Team were not prepared and looked lazy. Then picked the stupidest side.

Quoted before the game: "the best way to heat city is to attack"
So he picked five defenders.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/11/2017 15:55 by Padre Pio.

Re: City ratings
hahanice (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 16:14
Thought cech was great honestly,

Ramsey ok, good assist. Sloppy but looked our most dangerous man.

Xhaka and ozil shockingly bad

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 16:16
7 - Cech - MOTM and made at least 3 no. point blank saves.
6 - Kolasinac - decent outing as an Arsenal player. What do you expect from Wenger?
3 - Coquelin - what was he doing on the pitch?
3 - Kos - Bart Simpson at his best.
4 - Bellerin - more as an attacker than a defender
6 - Monreal - decent outing as an Arsenal player. What do you expect from Wenger?
4 - Ramsey - ran about a bit had one good chance
4 - Sanchez - poor looked like he's already gone
4 - Ozil - at least he tracked back
4 - Iwobi - tried but it's not his level
4 - Xhaka - out of his depth

Subs
6 - Lacazette - took his chance well and looked lovely immediately
4 - Wilshere - made no difference
3 - Giroud - useless

-273OC Wenger - Like a rotting piece of meat in a trash can "Used by 2010".

Quoted before the game: "the best way to heat city is to attack"
So he picked five defenders. (Sm6)

When you go home, tell them of us and say
For their tomorrow, we gave our today.
John Maxwell Edmonds

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 20:45
Shocking!!!! kroenke and Wenger are the death of Arsenal

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/2017-09-26_12.35.41.jpg

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 22:17
7 - Cech - MOTM
4.5 - Kolasinac - Tries but he isn't a good defender.
2 - Coquelin - Pathetic. Why Le Prat started him god knows.
3 - Kos - Some think he is a good defender.
4 - Bellerin - more as an attacker than a defender
4 - Monreal - Another poor defender.
3 - Ramsey - So slow in games with pace.
3 - Sanchez - set them up more times than us with terrible passing.
4 - Ozil - at least he tracked back
3 - Iwobi - Should never have started.
2 - Xhaka - This guy is so poor. Like Ramsey totally lost in a game with pace.

Subs
6 - Lacazette - took his chance well and looked lovely immediately
3- Wilshere - He's finished.
2 - Giroud - Useless

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

MattySadler (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 08:01
I was pretty impressed when I saw the starting eleven. Yeah, there were some areas for concern (Monreal as an outright centre back, Kolasinac's first game as a conventional left back, Ozil in a big game, no Lacazette, etc), but I was pleased as I thought a switch to a fluid 4-3-3/ 4-5-1 with more bodies in midfield at least showed a bit of consideration for the opposition. Of course we then found out we were sticking with the same formation with square pegs in round holes. I doubt anybody was surprised that we had Coquelin dropping in as our central defender, despite it being a long time now since Coq's last good game. Again, it shows Wenger's lack of regard for the defensive side of the game, as well his lack of regard for player's having an actual position. After the game Wenger said playing CB and DM is the same thing. Jesus Christ...

I don't think starting Iwobi was the worst thing in the world as he did a great job tactically against Chelsea earlier this season, but I just can't understand a side like us leaving a £50 million signing on the bench. We aren't good enough to do that.

Onto the game itself, not a great deal to say. I thought we started off well with our pressing, but City were on a completely different level to us and every time they bypassed our press we looked like conceding. I see many Wenger apologists going on about the officiating. Yes, the penalty was pretty soft and the offside decision was bullsh*t, but we were still second best all over the park. A real shame as I think with the right team selection we could've won.

Thought Ramsey was our best outfield player (not that that's saying much really), Alexis the worst (complete embarrassment). Didn't think Koscielny had a great game, but were it not for his superb positioning stopping many counter attacks in the second half, that could've been embarrassing. Glad Lacazette scored when he came on as it made Wenger look like even more of a mug.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 08:45
When wilshere came on, i realized i like him so much in this team now. I used to hate the fact that he tried chip b balls over the top to no one and him and ramsey getting in each other's way and forgetting to defend.

But compared to that team with cazorla/ozil/arteta we are so atrocious I'm game him in heat beat.

If xhaka isn't gonna track players like silva what's the point? Play jack, at least our build up play will improve.

If your watch again, u ll realize how @#$%& both teams played. It's one of the worst games in terms of passing tactics etc I've seen across the top leagues in Europe.

Jack was just going past their midfield like it wasnt there

MattySadler (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 12:21
I'm a Xhaka fan but he has had an awful season so far and really needs dropping.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net